Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

July/August '08 Topic: Secrets

Page: 1 of 1
 Tysyacha
07-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Congratulations to you, Ztalker, as the co-champion of this month's Javyar's contest, and many thanks to all the rest of you who wrote and commented! I officially announce that the topic for July is:

SECRETS

Ever since the dawn of man, people have been keeping secrets in their heart of hearts. It is no different with the denizens of the Star Wars universe. What kind of information, transgressions, feelings, and desires do they hide? We'd love to find out!

I'd like to set the deadline for the last day of July: July 31. I can't wait to see the tales!

Deadline changed to August 3rd per Tysyacha's OK --Jae
 Litofsky
07-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Ah! Thank you. Now, to draw out an outline, and prepare to create my story!

To be sure, the story only has to revolve around some form of secret? I think I've got my idea... :)
 Tysyacha
07-13-2008, 5:20 PM
Yes, some form of secret, and you can make the secret as funny or serious as you like!
 Litofsky
07-13-2008, 5:23 PM
Yes, some form of secret, and you can make the secret as funny or serious as you like!

Very good! Thanks for the topic, Tysyacha/Ztalker! I'll be sure to participate in this one. :)
 Rev7
07-13-2008, 5:48 PM
I will most likely participate in this one too. Nice topic. :D
 Arcesious
07-13-2008, 6:00 PM
Oh, my current story (wip) will most certainly have a great secret...
 Bee Hoon
07-13-2008, 10:30 PM
So, erm, when is the deadline?
 Litofsky
07-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I'd like to set the deadline for the last day of July: July 31. I can't wait to see the tales!

Voila! :P
 Arcesious
07-13-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be finished by then... I don't liek to be rushed. But I've never been one to try out in these contests. I'd rather just take the time to make my story really good.
 Litofsky
07-13-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be finished by then... I don't liek to be rushed. But I've never been one to try out in these contests. I'd rather just take the time to make my story really good.

Well, eighteen days should be enough. How big is this story of yours? I thought that entries were supposed to be one page or so. Is this correct?
 Arcesious
07-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Yes, but I liek to take my time... I'm the writers' turtle I guess. (Meaning I create stories slowly over time). I've been making this story (In my head) Ever since I was was an early teenager; and I've written the story before numerous times. But I would later go back and find it unacceptable, several times, and I've discovered that letting the story float around in my head for years allows it to get bigger and better over time. Only now am I really trying to make it as a final draft. But still, I'm brainstorming ideas for it, because I want it to be long, eventually like a series of stories put together...
 Bee Hoon
07-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Oops, my bad :P Didn't spot that somehow.
 Tysyacha
07-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Who votes for the deadline being extended to August 3rd, then? :)
 Litofsky
07-14-2008, 12:08 AM

Shouldn't eighteen days be enough? Sorry- I'm not familiar with these contests. What's the usual amount of time given?
 Arcesious
07-14-2008, 12:47 AM
I don't really want to be in the contest, so I don't see why an extension is needed.
 Writer
07-15-2008, 12:26 AM
There really isn't a 'usual' amount of time given, so far as I've been able to tell. It usually seems to be related directly to when the winner of the previous month makes their choice of topic and Jae gets around to seeing that this has been done :p

For my part, I don't think an extension is necessary. I've got an idea rolling around in my head, but I'm sure a couple of weeks will be enough to shake it loose and get it written down :)
 RC-1162
07-16-2008, 5:28 AM

I do, I do! I've not written in quite a while and I find this topic might be relatively easier to jump back in with, but I'll need time.

August 3rd please? Maybe more?
 Emalin
07-16-2008, 6:33 PM
Oh, my! I think I might actually participate in this one! :D
 Tysyacha
07-16-2008, 6:35 PM
Okay, the deadline is now officially August 3rd. On your marks--get set--write! :)
 Rev7
07-16-2008, 6:46 PM
Good. Thanks for the time increase Tysy. I have already started, and have so many ideas. :)
 ForceFightWMe12
07-18-2008, 9:33 PM
You know...I love how the first thing that pops into my head for this one would NOT be appropriate for something to be posted here...XP
 The_Catto
07-22-2008, 7:32 AM
^^ Funny. I was just thinking the exact same thing :P
 igyman
07-31-2008, 7:02 AM
Posted mine yesterday, but still I have to thank Tysy for the deadline extension. Since there was no rush (and not to mention that I was out of town and out of internet during the last six days) I could do some slow editing and improve my entry. Just a few more days and then "may the best story win". :)
 True_Avery
07-31-2008, 7:10 AM
^ Haha, gotta agree.

Got mine in yesterday. Thanks Tysy :xp:
 Jae Onasi
07-31-2008, 10:29 AM
If you all want to edit and re-submit I'm OK with that as long as it's only 1 time (I don't want to keep track of 15 revisions) _and_ you let me know by PM. Otherwise, it'll be be very confusing when I see multiple submissions by one person in the moderation queue.
 Hallucination
07-31-2008, 1:22 PM
One day Jedi Knight Watson McAwesomesauce woke up and thought to himself "Man, it would awesome if I won something for doing little to no work aside from signing up!" And the idea made him happy.

Very happy.

And so he did. And he waited eagerly for the results, hoping to win against people who actually worked for a reward. Then he told himself and others that it was a social experiment so as to not look like a total jerk and no one ever caught onto to the secret of his laziness for as long as he lived.

I should do one of these for every topic. o_Q
 igyman
07-31-2008, 1:31 PM
:lol: And that's all I have to say about that.
 Writer
07-31-2008, 4:12 PM
One day Jedi Knight Watson McAwesomesauce woke up and thought to himself "Man, it would awesome if I won something for doing little to no work aside from signing up!" And the idea made him happy.

Very happy.

And so he did. And he waited eagerly for the results, hoping to win against people who actually worked for a reward. Then he told himself and others that it was a social experiment so as to not look like a total jerk and no one ever caught onto to the secret of his laziness for as long as he lived.

I should do one of these for every topic. o_Q

Heh... and to think I disqualified you once upon a time... your skills of subtle manipulation are growing on a monthly basis :p

You should make up a thread in the CEC, in which these 'exercises of laziness' should be published for all to see :xp:
 Rev7
08-01-2008, 1:45 AM
Heh... and to think I disqualified you once upon a time... your skills of subtle manipulation are growing on a monthly basis :p

You should make up a thread in the CEC, in which these 'exercises of laziness' should be published for all to see :xp:
lol

My story is in. My first Star Wars tale ever.
 Bee Hoon
08-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Gah, I'm tempted to chuck my story (which I have worked on a lot:P) and start a new one!! :/
 Rev7
08-01-2008, 6:58 PM
Gah, I'm tempted to chuck my story (which I have worked on a lot:P) and start a new one!! :/
That is scary because I was thinking the same about mine. :\
 Jae Onasi
08-04-2008, 1:40 AM
Stories have been posted. Read. Enjoy. Comment. I'll have the poll up tomorrow night.
Page: 1 of 1