Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Official Trailer

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Foley
07-13-2008, 9:03 PM
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/)

There's a new trailer up and it is badass. What do you think?
 TKA-001
07-13-2008, 10:18 PM
It looks badass, especially the bullet time parts. I just hope the story is more original than it looks. I was also very disappointed that this trailer all but confirms that Jerec does not appear in the game.
 Serpentine
07-14-2008, 7:27 AM
Coolz0rz. The LucasArts logo thing was awesome.
 Lord Foley
07-14-2008, 10:39 AM
I just hope the story is more original than it looks.

I know what you mean. But I have faith; there's a lot of room for being creative with this story and I'd like to believe someone at lucasarts realized this.
 TKA-001
07-14-2008, 11:03 AM
The way I see it, this game will either suck terribly or kick ass. TFU is the most hyped-up Star Wars product since Episode III.

And I agree with Serp. The Lucasarts logo at the beginning was the best one they've ever had.
 RyuuKage
07-14-2008, 12:40 PM
It looks badass, especially the bullet time parts. I just hope the story is more original than it looks. I was also very disappointed that this trailer all but confirms that Jerec does not appear in the game.

uh...WHY would Jerec be in the game? o.O was there a rumor he was in or something?
 TKA-001
07-14-2008, 12:56 PM
No, it was just a personal wish of mine because Jerec was the best villain in the Dark Forces series and he's underrepresented in the EU.
 Lord Foley
07-16-2008, 11:17 AM
The way I see it, this game will either suck terribly or kick ass. TFU is the most hyped-up Star Wars product since Episode III.

Well, I'm fairly certain it won't suck terribly- even if the story is perfectly simplistic, the game itself will still be extremely fun to play.
 Justus
07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
No, it was just a personal wish of mine because Jerec was the best villain in the Dark Forces series and he's underrepresented in the EU.

I think Jerec was still doing his work in the unknown regions as a Jedi archeologist by this time, I don't think he has yet fallen to the dark side and an inquisitor to the Empire. Then again I am not sure of the time of Jerec's return from the unknown regions, and subsequent fall to the dark side.

General Rom Mohc would be a nice cameo, as unlikely as it may be. It was said in Dark Forces that he had a hand in the decimation of the Jedi.
 GeneralPloKoon
07-16-2008, 1:17 PM
The trailer was amazing but i'm happy the Lucasarts dude is moving agian, hes the greatest jedi/sith of all!!!
 Rev7
07-16-2008, 3:56 PM
Pretty sweet
 TKA-001
07-16-2008, 4:13 PM
I think Jerec was still doing his work in the unknown regions as a Jedi archeologist by this time, I don't think he has yet fallen to the dark side and an inquisitor to the Empire. Then again I am not sure of the time of Jerec's return from the unknown regions, and subsequent fall to the dark side.
My research, although limited, indicates that Jerec could have returned to known space at any time between the execution of Order 66 and the Battle of Yavin. That's why I don't think Jerec appearing would be incompatible with the timeframe of TFU. But since he won't appear in either case, I digress.

General Rom Mohc would be a nice cameo, as unlikely as it may be. It was said in Dark Forces that he had a hand in the decimation of the Jedi.
I don't remember him being said to have anything to do with the Jedi Purge, but one thing I recall the game saying is that he was a "decorated soldier" of the Clone Wars.

Well, I'm fairly certain it won't suck terribly- even if the story is perfectly simplistic, the game itself will still be extremely fun to play.
I also doubt that the game will be terrible, but unless it is great, I can't imagine any other alternative, because I've Θbserved a similar pattern in Lucasarts' track record as of late.
 Astor_Kaine
07-16-2008, 4:21 PM
I also doubt that the game will be terrible, but unless it is great, I can't imagine any other alternative, because I've Θbserved a similar pattern in Lucasarts' track record as of late.

It's a difficult one to tell. I have a feeling that it's going to be great fun to play. At first. It'll be great impaling stormtroopers on sabers, and throwing things around, causing explosions etc.

But I think once that novelty has worn off, it's going to be a real chore to play through the story. I hope i'm wrong, but it's happened before.
 Rev7
07-16-2008, 6:41 PM
But I think once that novelty has worn off, it's going to be a real chore to play through the story. I hope i'm wrong, but it's happened before.
Is that not how KotOR was?
 Davinq
07-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Almost certainly, it's absolutely necessary to take breaks between replays of that game, for sure.
 Astor_Kaine
07-17-2008, 4:38 AM

Yes, but that's only after you've played through it once already - the first time the story is great. It's afterwards it starts to get annoying.

But I think the story here may have been neglected slightly in favour of the force powers and graphical innovations.
 Lord Foley
07-21-2008, 9:05 AM
So are we to assume that the Battle Damaged Vader toys come from the aftermath of his fight with the apprentice? I, for one, want the apprentice to die in the end- though I fear this may be a wonderfully convenient character to pop up in the Legacy Era.
 Astor_Kaine
07-21-2008, 9:15 AM
So are we to assume that the Battle Damaged Vader toys come from the aftermath of his fight with the apprentice? I, for one, want the apprentice to die in the end- though I fear this may be a wonderfully convenient character to pop up in the Legacy Era.

The only way I can see it ending is with his death. Vader's not one to allow enemies to live, especially one whose very existence is supposed to be a secret - it would be too risky for him to leave the apprentice alive - there'd be hell to pay if the emperor learned of his existence.
 Jason Skywalker
07-21-2008, 9:55 AM
Plot twist: Starkiller kills the Emperor and masquerades as him. :xp:
 Hawwi Joshe
07-21-2008, 10:05 AM

There is more than one ending for TFU, although it's been stated that the canon ending is based on redemption (as are all of Lucas' Star Wars films). So I'm assuming that means you become a Jedi but I'm not exactly sure if that ending equals death but I'd be willing to bet at least 1 of them does.
 RyuuKage
07-21-2008, 10:34 PM

maybe for action-oriented gamers, lol
 LordSerion
07-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Plot twist: Starkiller kills the Emperor and masquerades as him. :xp:

He is not ugly enough to pass as Palpatine yet :). Besides, he would never be able to defeat Lord Sidious.

This new trailer kicks ass!
Page: 1 of 1