Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KSE Not Working for TSL

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Dagron
07-06-2008, 12:48 PM
When I use my KSE and then load a saved game from TSL my game won't load and TSL crashes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both TSL and the KSE and it still won't load saved games.
 TriggerGod
07-06-2008, 3:57 PM
Hmm... do you have any mods in your override that use the spells.2da file? If it does, that's your problem.
 tk102
07-07-2008, 3:52 PM
When I use my KSE and then load a saved game from TSL my game won't load and TSL crashes. Are you trying to run KSE while TSL is active? If so, don't (close one before opening the other). Also, are you Quicksaving? If so, don't (do a normal full save).
 jonathan7
07-08-2008, 5:04 PM
Are you trying to run KSE while TSL is active? If so, don't (close one before opening the other). Also, are you Quicksaving? If so, don't (do a normal full save).

To be honest TK; I've never had any problems doing this, just had to re load an edited game for the changes to take effect.
 Ulmont
07-11-2008, 3:14 PM
Do you have any old mods somewhere in your KotOR folders?? Because that can crash KSE.
 Shem
07-11-2008, 7:06 PM
Maybe Riddick should tell us what he's trying to edit. You can mess up your game by certain things you edit which is why you use it at your own risk.
 Lord Dagron
07-13-2008, 9:49 AM
Maybe Riddick should tell us what he's trying to edit. You can mess up your game by certain things you edit which is why you use it at your own risk.

I'm trying to add items.

Are you trying to run KSE while TSL is active? If so, don't (close one before opening the other). Also, are you Quicksaving? If so, don't (do a normal full save).

No TK102 I'm not running them at the same time and I'm doing a normal save.
 Astor
07-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Silly question, but you are pressing 'commit changes' when adding items, right?
 tk102
07-13-2008, 11:26 AM
To summarize: you're trying to add items to your TSL savegame and when you then launch TSL and load the game, it crashes.

Are these normal items or custom items? If they are custom items, are you certain you've installed the mod correctly? Some mods provide an installer created by TSLPatcher which must be used -- simply putting those files in the override could effectively cause a crash if models or textures are involved.

Edit: test
Page: 1 of 1