Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How good are snipers?

Page: 1 of 1
 Relenzo2
06-19-2008, 12:55 PM
I have an important question for you blokes: Hw gOOd r ur sniprs?
How good are your snipers?

Because, your may not remember, but snipers had some problems in BFII. Read the sig.
 Bs|Rogue52
06-19-2008, 1:46 PM
are you asking about AI snipers and their random moments of perfection and then complete idiocy.
 Relenzo2
06-19-2008, 9:49 PM
No. YOU. How are the weapons? I'd like a comparison to the last game, that's why I asked.
 Bokken
06-19-2008, 11:29 PM
I have an important question for you blokes:
Because, you may not remember, but snipers had some problems in BFII. Read the sig.

You do know that BFIII isn't out yet, right? If you do, then you're really not making sense...especially since this is the BFIII discussion forum.
 DeathKnight23
06-20-2008, 3:39 AM
lol, maybe we should pretend we have BFIII :xp:

yes, snipers are excellent all the time >.> :xp:
 Gemini_Thunder
06-20-2008, 8:24 AM
That's just mean. >_>;
 M@RS
06-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh well, but yes, :lol: snipers are amazing in BFIII, they're better than me! :xp:
 jawathehutt
06-20-2008, 1:38 PM
I wish they wouldnt have given snipers lightsaber guns in BF3, it makes them somewhat over powered
 Gemini_Thunder
06-20-2008, 1:39 PM
Oh well, but yes, :lol: snipers are amazing in BFIII, they're better than me! :xp:

Must not be difficult then. >_>
 Bs|Rogue52
06-20-2008, 5:19 PM
I wish they wouldnt have given snipers lightsaber guns in BF3, it makes them somewhat over powered

Amen to that, also the engineers in BFIII really got the short end of the stick this time...

Seriously though i wasnt around enough for the BF1 days to make a fair comparison. There are some talented snipers in in BFII but the best players can handle the class that fits the map.
 jawathehutt
06-20-2008, 6:47 PM
I'm glad they gave the nuclear hand grenades to the rocket troopers in patch 1.01, it was getting too hard to rocket noob.
 Gemini_Thunder
06-20-2008, 8:41 PM
I'm glad they gave the nuclear hand grenades to the rocket troopers in patch 1.01, it was getting too hard to rocket noob.

Agreed. >_>
 GeneralPloKoon
06-21-2008, 7:02 PM
Snipers are the most easy class to use with their triple jump ability. yay!
 jawathehutt
06-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Snipers are the most easy class to use with their triple jump ability. yay!
I dont know, if Im not mistaken the bothan jet pack allows for a 13.4 meter max jump from a 4.3 second sprint jump while the triple jump only gives a 13.1 meter max jump under the same conditions.
 Relenzo2
07-08-2008, 4:39 PM
lol. Oh well, my mistake but we get to have fun.

I just got a copy. Snipers are much improved, but the award weapon is still terrible. I can't AIM shooting backwards, even with a x3 radar!

EDIT: Hold on here. This thread has been here for a long time... someone told me that there is a BFIII for DS. Isn't there?
 darkjedimonkey
07-19-2008, 5:16 PM
um snipers are only as good as the ppl who control them. thats all i have to say about that. oh. and i hope they change the snipers laser. it looks like a giant pole that launchs at ppl
 Bs|Rogue52
07-19-2008, 6:09 PM
The extended laser is fine the way it is, it makes it easier to track the shot and adjust, so that you don't miss twice if your no scoping.
 GeneralPloKoon
07-20-2008, 2:20 PM
Its weird how the troopers have dual chainguns!
 darkjedimonkey
07-21-2008, 6:52 PM
The extended laser is fine the way it is, it makes it easier to track the shot and adjust, so that you don't miss twice if your no scoping.

well maybe i dont like it. its not like its a big deal. i just dont like it.
 RC-1183
07-27-2008, 6:20 PM
um i have a question were r yall geting ur info about BF III??? and how do u kow there weapons and stuff???
 Bs|Rogue52
07-27-2008, 10:00 PM
What? How did you miss this? BF3 is freakin epic! Get it now!
 RC-1183
07-27-2008, 11:12 PM
i know its epic but
1 get wat???
2 i was simply wondering how u know all this if the game has yet to come out???
 GeneralPloKoon
07-30-2008, 4:39 PM
RC we were joking around, lol! Do you really think Snipers could triple jump and the Rocket troopers would have hand gernades!
 NL_Sudentor
07-30-2008, 4:56 PM
Snipers suck, they weren't there in the movies.
And online it would be totally wrong man cuz when u have skilled snipers on the server, then fighting is impossible.
 Gemini_Thunder
07-30-2008, 6:38 PM
And online it would be totally wrong man cuz when u have skilled snipers on the server, then fighting is impossible.

Eh, what? Shipers suck? They were in the movies dude, mainly the 3rd one, but so what if they weren't there alot? That's a illogical reason to say snipers 'sucks'.
 jawathehutt
07-30-2008, 10:52 PM

Theres only 1 map I can think of where a good sniper can dominate a team of no good snipers and thats Kamino, everywhere else the sniper looses a lot of value.
 NL_Sudentor
08-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Theres only 1 map I can think of where a good sniper can dominate a team of no good snipers and thats Kamino, everywhere else the sniper looses a lot of value.

Well maybe you are right, i don't play online though.
But i think that: Utapau, Kashyyyk, Kamino and also Hoth could be very difficult with normal infantry.

Tell me if i am wrong but that is my opinion

In the movies there aren't snipers as well, so show some skill and fight with honour and not from a large distance!!!!!
 NL_Sudentor
08-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Eh, what? Shipers suck? They were in the movies dude, mainly the 3rd one, but so what if they weren't there alot? That's a illogical reason to say snipers 'sucks'.

Snipers in the movie????

Dude tell me now!!!!!

I hope u don't want to tell me that you conclude there are snipers in the movie by that scene that a clone ( that looks like the snipers in the game ) says to his commander that they can't find obi wan kenobi and that he couldn't have survived that fall.
 Bokken
08-01-2008, 2:58 PM
Double posting is awesome, man. Keep up the good work and ignore everyone who tells you that there is an edit button for a reason. And if you either had enough time to check that movie scene or watched it enough that you have it memorized, something is wrong. So very wrong...

--------Smoki'n weed everyday-------

Maybe that's it. And you may not have noticed, but most snipers use close-range combat without a reticule, which is hard. On maps like Geonosis, what do you expect?
Ooh, no a sniper! They're cheap! Using a sniper on a map made for snipers is SOOO much worse than using an engineer in Polis Masa or Tantive IV!
 jawathehutt
08-01-2008, 3:46 PM
While most of your post was either off topic, pointless or both, I do have to agree that if we are gonna complain about a class being overpowered, lets complain about engineers. At least snipers arent immune to heavy troopers.
 Bs|Rogue52
08-01-2008, 4:16 PM
Going back off topic i cant stand these still relatively new forums and how you can reply to an old post and thus create a chronological return nightmare.

Off topic again this thread failed from the start anyway, there is no topic to follow.
 NL_Sudentor
08-01-2008, 6:31 PM
Double posting is awesome, man. Keep up the good work and ignore everyone who tells you that there is an edit button for a reason. And if you either had enough time to check that movie scene or watched it enough that you have it memorized, something is wrong. So very wrong...

--------Smoki'n weed everyday-------

Maybe that's it. And you may not have noticed, but most snipers use close-range combat without a reticule, which is hard. On maps like Geonosis, what do you expect?
Ooh, no a sniper! They're cheap! Using a sniper on a map made for snipers is SOOO much worse than using an engineer in Polis Masa or Tantive IV!

Damm man why are u talking to me anyway wiseguy,

Double posting is awesome, yes indeed if i reply to 2 different posts. And the thing where u talk about 'something is wrong. very very wrong'. Plz explain, i don't get it.

And maps aren't made for snipers only, just fight normal with standard inf, and not from a distance, and if u do close combat with sniper, so be it that is ur own stupidity.
 Bokken
08-01-2008, 8:12 PM
why are u talking to me anyway wiseguy?

Forgive me. It is possible to respond to more than one post without double posting.

Off topic again this thread failed from the start anyway, there is no topic to follow.

Relatively true, since it's making a nonexistent game into insane reality.

Former point proven. And, Jawa, I'm aware that my post was both off-topic and pointless (although this whole topic is, for the most part, pointless). The part about "using skill and honor" just pissed me off. Indulge me one last off-topic post in this thread. Unless I have to further defend online snipers.

Sudentor. A sniper is a part of the game. It was intended as a long-range combatant, so there's really no shame in using it from a long distance, any more than there is in a heavy trooper mining a narrow choke point. However, using a sniper at a close distance is not "your own stupidity," it merely requires more skill than using "standard inf." If you'd ever fought Bs|Rogue52 or [GFAQ]Rogue52 and then tried it yourself, then you'd realize that a close-range sniper takes quite a lot of practice and skill...more so than the spray'n'pray capabilities of the "standard inf." In fact, most people that play as snipers tend to use close range, so you don't have much to complain about except on sniper-specialized maps.

Unless, of course (going back on topic), a sniper using [the rapid-fire sniper rifle that has a reticule] included in SWBF3 comes after you. Then you can call them cheap.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-02-2008, 12:10 PM
It would be cool to bring back the orbital strikes for snipers too!
 Bs|Rogue52
08-02-2008, 4:33 PM
It would be cool to bring back the orbital strikes for snipers too!

No thank you. Recon droids are enough as it is, recons with big boom... only fun in SP.
 Relenzo2
08-02-2008, 6:50 PM
Umm... did I start this?
Page: 1 of 1