Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sub-Folders in Override?

Page: 1 of 1
 Robondacob
06-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Hi everyone. I just cleaned out my Override folder because of too many mod conflictions. I started fresh with some quality RedHawke mods. For the ones that don't use the TSL patcher (too lazy for the work to put them in sub-folders), I put all of the files into sub-folders. I'm not sure if Override will accept this offering of "sub-folders", but I wanted to make sure it wouldn't mess up any mods. I know for sure that the 2da files need to be in Override (like spells.2da but I learned that from experience). Any help?

Oh yeah and first post. :)
 Sithspecter
06-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Hello, Robondacob! Welcome to the forums!

AFAIK, you will need to put all of the files in your Override folder in order for the mod(s) to work.
 Robondacob
06-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Aww drat. And here I was hoping that I could make some sense out of my mods. Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it.
 EnderWiggin
06-12-2008, 12:42 AM
I disagree. I believe only the .2da's need to be in override, as you said.

_EW_
 Robondacob
06-12-2008, 12:46 AM
I disagree. I believe only the .2da's need to be in override, as you said.

_EW_

If what you say is true, then screwed I am for I have just put all of the files into override unsorted and deleted the folders. :confused:
 Doc Valentine
06-12-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm almost positive EnderWiggin is correct. A thought though, back up your override and then test it out? If anything goes wrong you still have your backup Override folder. Try some experimenting and see what you come up with. All I know is that for NWN2 you were able to put all files, including the 2da files into sub-folders in the Override. I imagine it wouldn't be too much different in Kotor.

-Doc
 Robondacob
06-12-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm almost positive EnderWiggin is correct. A thought though, back up your override and then test it out? If anything goes wrong you still have your backup Override folder. Try some experimenting and see what you come up with. All I know is that for NWN2 you were able to put all files, including the 2da files into sub-folders in the Override. I imagine it wouldn't be too much different in Kotor.

-Doc

I'm not sure that I would need a backup (unless I plan to save it).

Anyway, I'll just put the Super Skip Taris in a sub-folder and I'll see if it still works (because it has immediate results).

EDIT: It does NOT work. I tried both the scripts and the dialogue.
 Inyri
06-12-2008, 1:47 AM
Sub-folders do not work in KotOR, but they should work in TSL.
 Papership
06-12-2008, 8:47 AM
Thoughtful modders put a common prefix on their override files ;) For example, mine generally begin with "cr_", so if you wanted to delete my stuff, just sort them by name.

Otherwise, what is also very helpful (and more reliable than prefixes) for sorting out the folder is to sort the files by "date created". Since files from the same mod will have the same date & time, when you created them in your override. Even mods installed very close together should be distinguishable by the time stamp ^.^;; Hope that helps.

~Pap~
 Darth InSidious
06-12-2008, 10:40 AM
It's true that subfolders work in TSL and not in KotOR. Don't attempt to use folders inside subfolders in Override, though - like, for example, Override\blah\blah2\ - that won't work.

Also, subfolders won't get you around conflicts - the most likely files to conflict will be .2da files, as well as default game scripts and dialogues which have been modified.
 TriggerGod
06-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Sub-Folders should be ok. I have a few mods in sub-folders such as the USM and Skip Peragus, and they work perfectly. The only problem I see is that you have a file of the same name in a subfolder, that would make some crashing.
(TSL)
 EnderWiggin
06-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Sub-folders do not work in KotOR, but they should work in TSL.

I thought we were talking about TSL.

Sorry for the confusion, Robondacob.

_EW_
 Robondacob
06-12-2008, 12:32 PM
I thought we were talking about TSL.

Sorry for the confusion, Robondacob.

_EW_

Nah it's my fault. I should have said I was using Kotor. At least I can use sub-folders for my rarely played TSL. :D

EDIT: I just thought of something. Could I put an empty folder above the files to sort them out? That would help a lot, but I don't know if sub-folders will make all the mods not work.
Page: 1 of 1