Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Padawans on a mission

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Bender
04-27-2008, 9:06 AM
Hi, a newbie here. I just had a quick technical question.

Would a padawan always require their master with them if the council ordered them on a mission? And could two padawan's be sent on a mission together without thier masters?

If there's no specific details on this, then I'd like anyones opinon as well

Thank you :)
 JCarter426
04-27-2008, 9:44 AM
Depends on the situation. But it certainly happens--Anakin in EpII, for example. Though of course the task in that situation was extremely simple.

For an example of two padawans going on a mission, Bastila and Revan in K1 is pretty close; Bastila was barely a knight, and Revan was a only padawan. Though as Carth points out, the situation isn't normal.

And even three padawans have been sent alone, during the Great Hunt. But that too was a rare circumstance, and their mission was a failure. Or were they knights? Hmm...

So I guess my answer would be...details!
 patient_zero
04-27-2008, 1:06 PM
And even three padawans have been sent alone, during the Great Hunt. But that too was a rare circumstance, and their mission was a failure. Or were they knights? Hmm...
If it's the ones you find scattered across the galaxy in K1, I think it was two padawans and a master/knight, but they got split up (I think that left the two padawans travelling alone while the master tried to grapple terantateks with his bare hands).
 JD-Rom
04-27-2008, 2:11 PM
I'm guessing this would happen to a Jedi during their training, seeing as how they would have to learn to overcome their weaknesses and fears alone, eventually. They would also learn how to cooperate with others and to work together to solve the tests and trials. E.g. Juhani and her near fall to the dark side after she attacked Quattra, Luke and his journey through the Dark Side cave in Dagobah without Yoda, Jolee leaving the Jedi before he attained Knighthood due to him secretly training his wife to be a Jedi (while he was still a Padawan) against the Council's wishes, etc.

You could also point out Jolee and Juhani joining the quest for the Star Forge as a cooperation test. Juhani either volunteered to join and was accepted, or was recommended by the Council to join. As for Jolee...he joined Revan and the others in his own accord, instead of staying in Kashyykk or being tossed out dropped off by Revan somewhere desolate, like Hoth. :xp: Jolee's still great, though. :D
 Bee Hoon
04-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Eventually, yes. Probably in the late stages of their training, since I presume that Knights need to be independent, so you should have that before you qualify.

Btw, welcome to the forums!:)
 JCarter426
04-28-2008, 3:04 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy; it establishes that padawans go on missions on their own quite often, at least in the New Jedi Order.
 Darth Bender
04-30-2008, 5:57 AM
So I guess my answer would be...details!

Ok, I'm not entirely sure what yet, but I guess you would call it fairly high profile. Protecting or investigating someone, and it involves a pursuit.

Btw, welcome to the forums!

And thanks for your advice guys!
Page: 1 of 1