Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Malak's fighting style animations.

Page: 1 of 1
 Erronis
04-22-2008, 1:45 AM
I just completed a play through of KotOR. I had forgotten how great Malak's fighting style is. He uses backhanded swings and behind the back blocks. I was wondering, is it possible to use these animations for any character, or are they hard wired to Malak? If it is possible to use them, then can someone provide me with a list of his 2da animations.

Thanks.
 Exile007
04-22-2008, 1:59 AM
Nope, sorry the other models don't have the required animations that Malak does, so it is impossible.
 RedHawke
04-22-2008, 2:29 AM
They are animations that only the Malak models can use... unfortunately.
 Erronis
04-22-2008, 2:40 AM
That's too bad. They are really good animations. Oh well, At least I know now. Thanks for the information.

Edit: Does this work for all of Malak's models? Could I take his Jedi form and swap heads with one of the selectable heads? He would be restricted to Malak's Jedi clothing but I think I can handle that.

Again, thanks.
 Papership
04-22-2008, 6:12 AM
In the models I've played with, Malak's head was part of the body model. So I ended up with a head inside a head if I tried to add a PC head. Not a desirable effect. But I've only tinkered with the Malak Jedi model, not the Malak Dark Lord model... tho I suspect they both have their own heads.

What you could do is use the Malak Jedi model, with it's own head intact, and just reskin it (and save as a new character of course). So it's still Malak shaped (not a bad shape either!). But with some fake tan and a drawn on moustache.... you could still look unique.

Just my 2 pence!
~Paper~
 Erronis
04-22-2008, 4:23 PM
Okay, thanks. I'll give it a shot.
Page: 1 of 1