Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star wars Battlefront 3 - Better than SWB2?

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth Loner
04-16-2008, 6:51 AM
Anyone angry with LucasArts for making SWB2 (frankly speaking) a bit of a flop? It had its good points... but the fact that a big Star Destroyer couldn't blow a measly CP to bits is a bit ..... BONKERS!
 GeneralPloKoon
04-16-2008, 5:52 PM
It better be better, BF2 had a large amount of good things but also an onslaught of problems and things that didn't feel right for Battlefront.
 littleman794
04-16-2008, 5:57 PM
ya, i would like it a lot more if it was better than battlefront II...did anyone here like the guided rocket idea.....it was pretty fun, along with all the other awards..

is there any proof that SWB3 is coming out yet? if so, for what systems???
 Bs|Rogue52
04-16-2008, 10:16 PM
the power of a guided rocket is not worth the time trying to hit anything, i would rather go solo than fire the guided on a chicken walker.

If only a few more patches could have been released im sure the game play could have been cleaned up a bit, atleast everyone wouldnt play as an engi.
 >General Havok<
04-16-2008, 11:00 PM
the power of a guided rocket is not worth the time trying to hit anything, i would rather go solo than fire the guided on a chicken walker.

If only a few more patches could have been released im sure the game play could have been cleaned up a bit, atleast everyone wouldnt play as an engi.

Ah, cmon. Everyone loved the guided rockets. LOL, I love sitting down with my brother and chasing him around with em. :lol:
 littleman794
04-17-2008, 2:18 PM
ya, it was pretty cool....i would sit by an ammo machine at a safe base, then go full speed at the ground near a squad of enemies....the explosion sent them flying!!!

:D:D:D;)
 Gemini_Thunder
06-14-2008, 12:25 AM
I think the awards you earned was a good idea. Some of them anyway.
 Rev7
06-14-2008, 12:36 AM
^
Agreed.

I liked the game personally. I think that it was better than BF1 in many ways. The game certainly could have been better though.
 Gemini_Thunder
06-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Indeed, but BF I had like, one thing that wasn't on BF II originally, such as Rhen Var and Bespin and such, the old planets. I kinda missed those, but the new planets were OKAY, I personally hate Felucia though. They could've kept Dune Sea and such.
 General LiWar
06-14-2008, 1:21 AM
^
Agreed

There were some elements of BF1 that I enjoyed, like levels with land and air battles (i.e. Tatooine, Bespin, Naboo)(I'd fly starfighters into the bridge areas on bespin to stop the other teams from proceding to the cps). Also being able to lay flat on the ground and being able to launch yourself with your own grenade. (Me and my friend had contests to see who could launch over the sarlacc pit without being eaten). Being able to jump out of fighters(me and the same friend had "parachute" runs on Hoth). Destroying cp's instead of taking them (i.e. Endor). Finally, the 4 options for commanding other units around instead of just "follow me."
For BF2, the upgrades, the enhanced fighter/player controls (i.e. rolls/running), the ability to repair some of the environmental stuff (i.e. doors on Kashyyyk/shields on Starships) and ummmm the new levels i guess.
I want BF3 to have all those elements + more (after all, it is 3) (maybe instead of picking a class, having set classes for AI units but you can pick your look, the primary weapon, the secondary (pistol/fusion cutter) and the grenades)(or a point value on each weapon to pick from and you get so many points to start and only a few more after beating the campaign <never having a rocket launcher and blaster but being able to have a pistol and all the grenades> or something like that)

I was never a big fan of the heroes, i thought the point was to see the battles from the point of view of the ordinary soldiers
 RyuuKage
06-14-2008, 2:31 AM
i should hope that a sequel would improve on its predecessor(s), lol
 MachineCult
06-14-2008, 9:22 AM
i should hope that a sequel would improve on its predecessor(s), lol

http://www.quizlaw.com/blog/images/captain-obvious.jpg)
 RyuuKage
06-14-2008, 1:12 PM
http://www.quizlaw.com/blog/images/captain-obvious.jpg)

exaaaaaactly...you get cookie! XD
 Gemini_Thunder
06-14-2008, 4:02 PM
^
Agreed

There were some elements of BF1 that I enjoyed, like levels with land and air battles (i.e. Tatooine, Bespin, Naboo)(I'd fly starfighters into the bridge areas on bespin to stop the other teams from proceding to the cps). Also being able to lay flat on the ground and being able to launch yourself with your own grenade. (Me and my friend had contests to see who could launch over the sarlacc pit without being eaten). Being able to jump out of fighters(me and the same friend had "parachute" runs on Hoth). Destroying cp's instead of taking them (i.e. Endor). Finally, the 4 options for commanding other units around instead of just "follow me."
For BF2, the upgrades, the enhanced fighter/player controls (i.e. rolls/running), the ability to repair some of the environmental stuff (i.e. doors on Kashyyyk/shields on Starships) and ummmm the new levels i guess.
I want BF3 to have all those elements + more (after all, it is 3) (maybe instead of picking a class, having set classes for AI units but you can pick your look, the primary weapon, the secondary (pistol/fusion cutter) and the grenades)(or a point value on each weapon to pick from and you get so many points to start and only a few more after beating the campaign <never having a rocket launcher and blaster but being able to have a pistol and all the grenades> or something like that)

I was never a big fan of the heroes, i thought the point was to see the battles from the point of view of the ordinary soldiers

Yes yes, I feel the same way, mostly on the Heroes. It's called Battlefront, not Hero Front, so they can cut down on the Heroes, so you'll feel more like a soldier fighting for his life. And they need to return Fighters on Land battles, I enjoyed that too.
 High Speed Chaser
06-14-2008, 10:37 PM
That's why whenever I get the chance to be a hero I say no because I got the game to be a soldier not a hero or villain.
 Rev7
06-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes yes, I feel the same way, mostly on the Heroes. It's called Battlefront, not Hero Front, so they can cut down on the Heroes, so you'll feel more like a soldier fighting for his life. And they need to return Fighters on Land battles, I enjoyed that too.
You do have a point there. You know LA, they have to throw a Jedi in there somewhere....
 Gemini_Thunder
06-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Yeah, they'll find some way to disappoint us in some way, even when things looks good, there's always something under the surface. Heroes should be minimal, if none at all.
 Bokken
06-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Once killed in a battle, I think they should be gone.
 jawathehutt
06-14-2008, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't mind if they were made into a generic balanced type unit, the Emperials could have a dark jedi, the republic normal jedi, the CIS magna guards and possibly regular jedi for the rebels also, not sure how many jedi they had. Just take away all of the powers except jump, sprint and block. Tone down the health and energy also and youve got yourself a relatively balanced unit, maybe put a 15 point restriction on it and then make it 1 per side. You would still have the noobs tank whoring to get them, but without powers and tons of health they arent as overpowered.
 Gemini_Thunder
06-15-2008, 11:05 AM
I agree to that, they'd be used as if they were a normal unit, and wouldn't overpower the enemy so easily then. Or completely dominate another faction.
 RyuuKage
06-15-2008, 3:24 PM
and possibly regular jedi for the rebels also, not sure how many jedi they had.

They had one. :D

and the Jedi in BF2 are already innaccurately weak, i'd prefer they just left out heroes entirely than nerf Jedi even more...
 Gemini_Thunder
06-15-2008, 5:39 PM
Maybe you're right, but originally when I first played the game, I thought Heroes were okay, but now that i'm way better than the initial start, I have no use for them, and i'm sure none of you all do as well, if you've been through the same scenario as me.
 RyuuKage
06-15-2008, 7:59 PM
Maybe you're right, but originally when I first played the game, I thought Heroes were okay, but now that i'm way better than the initial start, I have no use for them, and i'm sure none of you all do as well, if you've been through the same scenario as me.

pretty much, lol

once you can go through the Jedi Temple level in campaign without dying, you no longer have any need for heroes, lol.
 Gemini_Thunder
06-15-2008, 8:58 PM
Jeez I know, if you're good enough to die only at least once or twice, no need for Heroes, I didn't play with them for long anyway since I played the first Battlefront, and only a few things were changed in the second.
 General LiWar
06-15-2008, 10:34 PM
I pretty much think i stuck to the normal units after I played through the campaign once, and the only reason i was then was because my friends and i had a competition to see who could get them first. I've been turning them off entirely since then...

I really miss levels like Dune Sea and Bespin Platforms. Bring them back for BF3

And what happened to a thing called level select for campaign. i dont always want to start over or just play hoth
 Gemini_Thunder
06-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Agreed, they were my favorite stages on the first one. And after a couple of hours into the game, I started answering no to hero request, being trooper is much better.
 Bs|Rogue52
06-16-2008, 10:33 AM
There are times when its hard to avoid being a hero/villain, on Tantiv nothing beats playing Vader spawn camping the last CP, or playing Maul on Eisley. Other than that i play on servers that have heroes off.
 GeneralPloKoon
06-16-2008, 6:43 PM
Having a jedi as a normal soldier would be interresting......lets just keep the jedi in the campaign...
 General LiWar
06-16-2008, 6:47 PM
I could live with jedi just in campain, but they should have normal health meters instead of the if i kill a billion guys i can live forever meter. and the need to remain as an option and not forced upon you
 M@RS
06-16-2008, 7:11 PM
Yes, I hate the fact that you have to kill people to stay as a Jedi...Also I think it should have the ability to pick up weapons dropped by allies and enemies...
 jawathehutt
06-16-2008, 8:49 PM
How do you pick up a SBD's weapon? Or a droideca's for that matter? And why bother when sabers are probably the best weapon in the game unless people here are capable of killing half the enemy on a time with 1 blaster rifle throw or something.
 RyuuKage
06-16-2008, 11:48 PM
How do you pick up a SBD's weapon? Or a droideca's for that matter? And why bother when sabers are probably the best weapon in the game unless people here are capable of killing half the enemy on a time with 1 blaster rifle throw or something.

elite rifle is better than the lightsaber, hehe...
 jawathehutt
06-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Again I ask, how many times has it taken down an entire hallway of enemies in 1 shot, while completely healing you at the same time.
 MachineCult
06-17-2008, 11:11 AM
^ Never is the answer Jawa.
 Gemini_Thunder
06-17-2008, 1:03 PM
Yeah, only certain weapons should be picked up I guess.
 Iron Rose
07-06-2008, 4:51 PM
I love the whole capture the command post idea, but maybe there should be diffrent objectives for each team that actually effected the on going battle. As for the hero units, I think that if your team meets certain requirements such as hold x amount of command posts then an AI controled hero should enter the battle on their side. The hero would be extremely powerful (like a real jedi) but once it dies its gone for good.
 Bs|Rogue52
07-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Id rather the developers not get to creative with online conquest, its been proven a success. The other stuff can be saved for mods.
 jawathehutt
07-07-2008, 12:03 AM
That solution sounds wonderful except for the fact that consoles have very limited to no modding capacity, making your idea useless for the majority of systems that the game comes out on.
 Bs|Rogue52
07-07-2008, 9:50 AM
Then just throw it in the Instant Action SP mode, as long as its offline.
Do you really want to see huge maps with 100's of AI lagging the crap out of the game, Heroes and Villains running around randomly killing you. While your trying to complete some mundane and irrelevant task with half your team camping on a hill or spamming chat with gut wrenching political discussion.
 jawathehutt
07-07-2008, 2:17 PM
To tell you the truth, I dont think Ive ever seen 100 ai on a shipped map, in fact the only place I have seen that many is on mod maps, which you ironically seem to think will solve the problem. I agree that heroes are bad, but theres really nothing a developer can do to stop the other things you complain about without causing more trouble than there was initially.
 Bs|Rogue52
07-07-2008, 4:35 PM
I don't understand where you are coming from, BF2 is fine, i fear 100 AI, huge maps, and AI Jedi online, which i pointed out something that i am against but doesn't exist.

I just see LA promoting a BF3 with the fact that its going to be larger with more AI than 64 currently available. Maps far larger than Geonosis and
Kamino.

My opinion and only that is Creative changes to the online game-play or dramatic increase in size be kept offline. There is nothing ironic about that. Im pointing out mods as a means for people who like to play maps built off of a more creative conquest style, if someone has a console so be, they are just as capable of buying the PC version.

I agree that heroes are bad, but theres really nothing a developer can do to stop the other things you complain about without causing more trouble than there was initially.

Why cant the developer stop what i fear by not including it.
 Bokken
07-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Why can't the developer stop what I fear by not including it?

If they can't, I think we should all be worried about the quality of the next game...
 darkjedimonkey
07-19-2008, 5:17 PM
um star wars battlefront three hasnt come out yet
 Bs|Rogue52
07-19-2008, 6:06 PM
Where have you been?
 Gemini_Thunder
07-20-2008, 5:58 AM
Obviously not here.
 TKT101
08-03-2008, 1:19 PM
Well obviously...

But anyway, I don't think that the content should be kept offline. No no no, that would a mistake beyond having Heros in the games. I would love the idea of the AI jedi, but no super power just normal jedi. I think you could have objectives added if you wanted(this would be considered by the host of the session). You could also play the normal conquest modes if you wanted. But I don't want to see content taken off the online experience, because online is where players come together to play. This wouldn't be the same without all the fun from the offline game. I'd also like the to see the Galactic Conquest to be put online. I just want all the same stuff from the offline game brought to the online except for the jedi who should be nothing but the campaign.
 RC-1183
08-09-2008, 10:56 AM
i think they should add a online campain mode and for say u had a company of 50 guy and u had 20 guys online then the others would just be AI
 jawathehutt
08-09-2008, 12:24 PM
If you mean like a coop with more than 2 people, I think that would be pretty cool.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-10-2008, 4:43 PM
Or play a cmapaign mode and some enemy A.I. are actually players but disguised!
 Bs|Rogue52
08-10-2008, 5:08 PM
The people would have to be 6 year olds or they would stand out. Also a server can disable name tags so you dont know who you are fighting until you kill them.
Page: 1 of 2