Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I see no ships...

Page: 1 of 1
 Sata
04-07-2008, 7:13 PM
I'm currently scouring the files of KOTOR and TSL looking for the ships .mdl files, I've found a few here and there, such as the TSL shuttle and G-wing.

Considering I found textures for the ships, I can't find the models of the:
Hammerhead,
Blockade Runner,
Republic Fighters,
various Freighters (such as that one on Dantooine estate),
Sith Fighters,
Leviathan,
Sith Lander,
and any other ships I'm forgetting.

Can anyone tell me where to find the files for KOTOR and TSL? I have a dreaded feeling they're hidden in the map files somewhere, if so, does anyone know which?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
 Marius Fett
04-08-2008, 10:58 AM
They are in models.bif, I was playing around with a few of them in Max only recently, i'll try and find the names for you. :)

I'll update this post as I find the models,

Sith Fighter: mgf_sithfighter
 Inyri
04-08-2008, 11:12 AM
The high-quality Sith Fighter model is in one of the Taris module models. The only one available separately is the insanely low-quality one used in the turret mini-game.
 Silveredge9
04-08-2008, 12:02 PM
The models of every ship cannot be found within the game, only a few. I've searched for ships like the Hammerhead or the Leviathan in the past, and found nothing usable.
 Inyri
04-08-2008, 12:03 PM
That's not surprising. Most of them never appear in-game-- only in cutscenes, and there would be no use in having a cutscene model packed into the game assets, since they're pre-rendered.
 Sithspecter
04-08-2008, 4:58 PM
I've extracted EVERY KotOR model onto a folder in my desktop, and I did a search for the Hammerhead texture, the Republic fighter texture, and the Leviathan texture. The Republic fighter texture is in the model stuntroom41ad, the Republic Blockade runner isn't there, the Hammerhead isn't there, the Leviathan texture appears in m12ab_01a, but it's not really in the model, the other republic fighter is in stunt_rebel01, and another sith fighter is named stunt_sith01. But, I think some of the republic capital ships are crashed on the Rakatan world... But, you can find various other ship models in-game.

Edit: I've found the Hammerhead models. They're in m41ad_03i, m41ac_09d, and m41aa_01e, and m41aa_01c.
 Sata
04-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Wow, thanks for the help guys, you're wonderful human beings :D

The leviathan was hard to sort out, required UUnwrap to get to because NWNMax couldn't handle it, but the ship is all there, sweet.

I found the Hammerhead in a half-complete state in KOTOR2, 104perg, and used that, basically mirroring what wasn't there, the outcome was a very pretty model 8).

I also found the Dantooine Freighter (at the Sandral Estate?), which can be found in m14ad_05f and uses the texture LDA_freight01 (and 01b for bumps), quite a cool ship.

The Freighter (yellow and silver) you see on Taris (and crashed on the Rakatan World) is found (in one piece!) in m02ab_01a. It uses V_FreightL01 and LTS_Pwall04 textures.

I noticed the Republic Fighter was reused as the Onderon Fighter (505_ondfghtr), but with a blue paint scheme, and closed wings (which I assume is the attack position, as the guns are in the wrong position when open).

Also, the Sith Lander was in m26ad_sp3 and m45ab_98l, I think they're the same model, they use texture V_sithlander, or LMA_Sithlander.

Pity the slightly Slave 1 inspired Republic Fighter, Blockade Runner and GOTO's Yacht seen in the FMVs hasn't been found yet. They may be in there somewhere... but I don't hold much hope.
 Sithspecter
04-09-2008, 4:52 PM
Well, we've also got the Basalisk war droid, which is amazing in my opinion. Say, is it porting if I used the Republic Hammerhead from Peragus for a vid in KotOR 1? I've pieced together a model from the unknown world, but it's got a few problems... I mean, the same model is in both games, so it's not, right? Here's a pic of my model.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/ham01.jpg)
 Sata
04-09-2008, 7:23 PM
Considering the stuff is already in the game, and loads of lucasarts stuff is redistributed on lucas files anyway, I doubt it would be frowned upon.

The Basilik is cool, which map is that on? Well, the Basilisk is pretty much Xixor's ship from Shadows of the Empire, it's a shame they didn't use the original design which looked like a giant robotic crazy-ass steed.
 Sithspecter
04-09-2008, 9:16 PM
It's on Dxun and Onderon, but I'm no expert at TSL...
Page: 1 of 1