Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Second expansion for Neverwinter Nights 2 (Storm of Zehir)

Page: 2 of 3
 Emperor Devon
08-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Huzzah, another article (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/902/902639p1.html)!)

They are acquired through various quests given to you by the new Adventurer's Guild in Crossroad Keep.

>_<

On the bright side, though, the article mentioned there's going to be less high-powered loot left lying around. And it promises open-endedness with consequences for the player's choices!

Oh - and, as you can imagine, this freedom of choice opens up some diverse endings that are - ah... pretty different. I can't go into super detail, but what you do or don't do does have an effect on the world around you.

Fun new stuff all around, though I'm still disappointed the game is returning to the Sword Coast. Hopefully the most time will be spent in Chult.
 Pavlos
09-28-2008, 9:02 AM
Source (http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=651082&forum=128)

Obsidian and Atari have launched their new website (http://www.atari.com/nwn2/soz/flash_us.html) for Storm of Zehir, the second expansion pack to 2006's Neverwinter Nights 2. There's nothing new but the site does provide us with a hub of videos and pictures.
 Pavlos
10-08-2008, 7:35 AM
Source (http://www.gameshark.com/)

GameShark have run an interview (http://www.gameshark.com/features/522/Neverwinter-Nights-2-Storm-of-Zehir-Q&A.htm) with Rob McGinnis about Obsidian's latest expansion pack for Neverwinter Nights 2.

Storm of Zehir's storyline involves many economical aspects. One of the reasons that you're allowed free passage around Samarach is that you earn the patronage of the leader of a powerful merchant empire; otherwise the Samarachans would greatly restrict your movement. Also, when you return to the Sword Coast, you find that the economy has been greatly weakened by the war with the King of Shadows; whether you choose to exploit this or attempt to repair the economy is up to you.

The core of the system revolves around trading raw materials to towns and cities that you come across in exchange for trade bars, which are a kind of currency that is used by various merchant guilds that you will have to interact with to advance the story. The better your relations with these merchant guilds, the better the gear you will be able to purchase from them. You will also be able to set up merchant caravans between cities, but they will also be in danger of attack from roaming monsters.

It is eerily fitting that the game centres around a troubled economy...
 stoffe
10-08-2008, 7:41 AM
Source (http://www.gameshark.com/)

GameShark have run an interview (http://www.gameshark.com/features/522/Neverwinter-Nights-2-Storm-of-Zehir-Q&A.htm) with Rob McGinnis about Obsidian's latest expansion pack for Neverwinter Nights 2.

Interesting. The game sounds more like a strategy game than a (traditional) RPG from that description though. :) At least you can't blame them for recycling the same generic fantasy story over and over if this is any indication of how the game will be.

Sometimes you can almost think game designers are capable of predicting the future. Deus Ex is a good example of that too, set in a future marked by terrorist attacks and the subsequent paranoia/fear those create, and released just a year or two before that (sort of) became reality.
 ChAiNz.2da
10-08-2008, 7:42 AM

Indeed. Sad irony that some of the most engaging 'pretend' storylines are taken from history. Just look how popular War games are. :indif:

Though I'm kind of startled that it has seeped into the fantasy world setting. I tend to want to play fantasy to get away from the real world :xp:
 Lantzen
10-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Well the story in BG1 centers around iron shortage, so it's nearly the same thing . Troubled economy
 Jeff
10-08-2008, 7:17 PM
IGN Storm of Zehir Hands on (http://pc.ign.com/articles/917/917182p1.html)

We recently had the chance to play through a good chunk of the single-player campaign to see how all of these innovations work in practice and we've come away even more convinced that Storm of Zehir recaptures some of the magic of the original Baldur's Gate games and our old pen-and-paper sessions.This is the kind of thing I like to hear. The original Baldur's Gate is still my favorite Forgotten Realms RPG so I will definitely enjoy this one if it brings back some of its greatness.
 Lantzen
10-10-2008, 6:32 AM
A pretty intressing and funny interview with lead designer Tony Evans, he talks about alot of the new features in the game and how some of them come to be

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwinternights2stormofzehir/news.html?sid=6198747&tag=topslot%3Btitle%3B2&page=1)
 Pavlos
10-10-2008, 8:34 AM
Something about Obsidian's Neverwinter Nights team is refreshingly eccentric in a way none of the others are. I can't imagine a developer on Alpha Protocol being anything other than stone-faced serious about his work.
 Bee Hoon
10-10-2008, 9:10 AM
Both of those are good reads! Thanks :D

...where did heck did One of Many pop out from? O_o
 patient_zero
10-10-2008, 12:44 PM

There's something unsettling about seeing it in the middle of a brightly coloured jungle world.
 Emperor Devon
10-12-2008, 4:42 AM

Out of the ending for evil PCs who stay in the City of Judgment, it looks like. It mentions One of Many moves to Chult and starts terrorizing the locals or gets worshiped as a god by them or somesuch.

I thought the events of Storm of Zehir were supposed to take place during and not after MotB, though?
 Bee Hoon
10-12-2008, 5:48 AM
So does that make the evil ending sort of canon then?
 Lantzen
10-12-2008, 8:09 AM
About time with a evil cannon ending if thats the case
 Arбtoeldar
10-12-2008, 1:53 PM
So does that make the evil ending sort of canon then?

There is no canon ending in PS:T just as there is no canon ending to the Fallout series. Most RPGs don't have a canon ending. I really wish GL and LA would have never given any canon to the KotOR series.
 Lantzen
10-12-2008, 3:00 PM
Note: This is a spoiler heavy note for PS:T and Fallout

Well, that aint completly true. PS:T don't need a canon since it have nothing more build on it, if they would make a PS:T 2 that also was about the nameless one they would probaly make some of the things canon, like you don't end your game in drowned nation as the new silent king

Same with Fallout, it's canon that you in Fallout1 don't join the super mutants, so they have made some things canon. And id you read the manual to Fallout2 they have a short story about what happend in Fallout1, but if that story is canon i don't know

Almost all RPG i have played that have a expansion or a followup to it make some of the things canon. Apperntly it most be canon that you travled with Imoen, Minsc and Jaheria in BG1, otherwise they wouldent be with you at start in BG2

But the thing about Kotor is just weird, Obsidian designed the game so it wouldent mather if you went DS or LS in Kotor1. So making lsm canon was just a stupid move on their part imo
 Emperor Devon
10-13-2008, 12:31 AM
About time with a evil cannon ending if thats the case

It's more indecisive that evil, it means a PC evil enough to devour Okku decided not to devour Akachi. More evil-turned-neutral-at-the-last-minute-of-the-game than anything else.

So making lsm canon was just a stupid move on their part imo

Has LucasFilm forced your in-game Revan to be LSM? I can hardly blame them for not wanting to make four separate versions of every KotOR comic or book or miniature or whatever other assorted media that later comes along.
 Arбtoeldar
10-13-2008, 2:11 AM
Note: This is a spoiler heavy note for PS:T and Fallout

Well, that aint completly true. PS:T don't need a canon since it have nothing more build on it, if they would make a PS:T 2 that also was about the nameless one they would probaly make some of the things canon, like you don't end your game in drowned nation as the new silent king

Same with Fallout, it's canon that you in Fallout1 don't join the super mutants, so they have made some things canon. And id you read the manual to Fallout2 they have a short story about what happend in Fallout1, but if that story is canon i don't know

Almost all RPG i have played that have a expansion or a followup to it make some of the things canon. Apperntly it most be canon that you travled with Imoen, Minsc and Jaheria in BG1, otherwise they wouldent be with you at start in BG2

But the thing about Kotor is just weird, Obsidian designed the game so it wouldent mather if you went DS or LS in Kotor1. So making lsm canon was just a stupid move on their part imo

Just because an expansion or follow up game assumes something doesn't make it "canon". In BG 2 with Imoen, Minsc(Dynaheir), Jaheira(Khalid) and you makes a full party in BG1. Yet the game assumes you know Edwin and Viconia, with cameos from the rest (2 dead, 2 in the tutorial, 1 in "disguise").
 Pavlos
10-17-2008, 5:23 PM
Source (www.gamespy.com)

GameSpy has previewed Storm of Zehir and collected their thoughts in this (http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/neverwinter-nights-2-storm-of-zehir/920469p1.html) article.

Unfortunately, the early version of the game we were playing does illustrate the reason why most RPG gamers hate wandering monsters: They can be impossible to evade, something that probably needs to be tweaked before release. The annoyance of the wandering monsters is more than made up for with an interesting mini-game based on the overland map, in which the players can set up a trading empire by sending out trade caravans, guarding them from wandering monsters, and searching for monster parts for the buffed-up crafting system.
 Balderdash
10-17-2008, 6:56 PM
The thing about the wandering monsters is a valid point. Maybe they should make it so that the wandering monsters keep their distance if you are of a much higher level than they are (give them survival instincts basically). One of the things that annoyed me about BG2 was the pointless random encounters with the cannon fodder bandits and whatnot.
 Yar-El
10-25-2008, 6:43 PM
I have plans on waiting for a few player reviews. Game magazines and sites sometimes don't match how an ordinary gammer views things. Wait and see approach.
 Darth333
10-25-2008, 6:59 PM
It looks interesting but I don't know if I'll get it and/or if I'll have the patience to play it. While I enjoyed MOTB's story a lot, two things made it a "do not replay" experience for me:

- the dialog system: yes, I admit the dialogs were good and well written and the story was great too. However, while I like the principle behind the influence system, I hate how it has been implemented: having to go through the same dialog branches ad nauseam just to see if you've finally gained enough influence to unlock a new conversation option with an npc is "annoying" to say the least (and to remain polite), especially when several of these conversation options give you insight on the main plot and what's going on. I admit, I am one of those persons who likes to explore dialog options and who tends to save before speaking to a party member so it might have amplified the "I've heard that at least 20 times already...time to switch the disc" feeling).

- the camera...dammit...we're in 2008...almost 2009, can't they fix that thing? The only way I could get a good angle was to constantly press the middle mouse button...I almost got a tendinitis in the end. The * on the numpad to switch camera modes wouldn't cut it for me.
 Arбtoeldar
11-19-2008, 3:03 AM
Storm of Zehir is out

First (mini) review is done. It contains slight spoilers.

Read it here. (http://www.thieves-guild.net/index.php?pid=277)

Edit NWN2 patch is up to 1211549 which includes Storm of Zehir (1201541)

Bug Fixes

General
* Item costs in the game should match the costs in the toolset.
* Party members that have wands with 0 charges will now attack and use spells normally.
* When dropping an item, characters will now use the appropriate "drop" animation.
* Fixed an issue with opening two bags at once. You will now only be able to open one bag.
*The tool tip for the Player Chat menu item will now say Player Chat.
* Fixed an issue that caused freecam (console command) to not work properly.
* Made several corrections to the Doomgude class description.
* Snake's Swiftness, Mass will now affect the entire party.
* Hellfire Shield should now play an appropriate sound effect when activated.
* Hellfire Blast should now play an appropriate sound when activated.
* The description of Hellfire Shield has been changed to appropriately reflect it is an Area of Effect shield.
* Weapon Focus: Warmace will now be available to all qualified characters.
* The ability score descriptions in character creation have been changed to be more informative and reflect changes to the game.
* Fixed an issue that was causing certain AI behavior feedback to be displayed, even after being deactivated.
* When the game is paused, a much more noticeable message is displayed.
* Aura of protection will no longer provide "No Stacking" feedback.

Toolset
* Item costs in the toolset should match the costs in game.
* Changing checkboxes with multiple objects selected will no longer cause the toolset to crash.
* Changing dropdown lists with multiple objects selected will no longer cause the toolset to crash.
* Fixed an issue where resizing a creature may not have resized the collision spheres.
* Fixed an issue where the creature cache was not working properly.
* Dropdowns generated from 2DAs will no longer start with the wrong row selected.
* Redesigned the fields associated with setting Tints to no longer be collapsed controls.
* Fixed an issue that caused light and sound spheres to not render at their proper size.
* Fixed an issue that caused ceiling tint changes to not show up in the toolset.

New Features

General
* Playable races now have a proper stealth animation.
* Added in the AI functionality from TonyK's AI.
* In a peer-to-peer multiplayer session, the hosting player may now unpause the game unconditionally.

Toolset
* Added properties associated with the overland map, including camera positioning and the flag to mark the area as an overland map.
* Added camera positioning functionality settings in the area properties to support overland maps created by the community.
* Added a flag in the area properties to set an area to be an overland map.
* Added Campaign flags for Unrestricting NPC level ups (Lets them chose any class at level up)
* Added Campaign flags for Conversation Distance limit override.
* Added Campaign flags to turn off party-control character swapping for dialogs on a global level.
* Added Campaign flags to enable Party Creation and setting what the size of the party should be.
* Added Campaign flags to toggle the new death system.

Scripting
* PlaySound() now takes an optional parameter: bPlayAs2D. This parameter will default to FALSE. Setting this parameter to TRUE will force the engine to play the sound you specified as a 2D sound rather than 3D Positional audio, regardless of what the engine would normally do before.
* BeginConversation() now has a parameter that allows you to block the character's 'Greeting' VO from playing.
* Added a script function SetScrollBarValue()
* Added a script function SetPause()
* Added a script function GetPause()

Additional items that will be int he patch, but are not listed int he patch notes are:

* Added in the authentication system to support the Adventure Pack system.

* Fixed issues that would cause the Arcane Scholar of Candlekeep to crash on transition if they had certain items or metamagic spells in the quickbar.

* Use Magic Device will no longer supersede a character's caster class or level, when that caster level is higher than the UMD skill.

* Fixed an issue that caused high level items to be used when a character had a single point in Use Magic Device.
 stoffe
11-21-2008, 8:16 PM
A warning to those who are getting Storm of Zehir but are still playing Mask of the Betrayer. If you install SoZ it will mess up all the cinematic dialogs/cutscenes in MotB. The voiceover/lipsync will be gone and the game will race through the dialog nodes, making MotB rather unplayable.

The only solution seems to be to not install SoZ until you're done playing MotB. :)
 Darth333
11-21-2008, 11:12 PM
A warning to those who are getting Storm of Zehir but are still playing Mask of the Betrayer. If you install SoZ it will mess up all the cinematic dialogs/cutscenes in MotB. The voiceover/lipsync will be gone and the game will race through the dialog nodes, making MotB rather unplayable.

Ouch! I imagine that they will fix that...seems like a major issue :o

The one thing that seems to be lacking is any form of interaction from the cohorts. No snappy dialogue - no witty repartee. Even attempting to initiate a conversation gives you zip. Nothing. The cohorts are as silent as the stone heads at Easter Island. It looks like if I ever buy it, I will miss Sand even more... :( I have always liked party members interactions.
 SpaceAlex
11-22-2008, 12:21 AM

The only solution seems to be to not install SoZ until you're done playing MotB. :)

What's with them always releasing expansions with a broken installer. If my memory serves me right, MOTB broke the OC. Can't they ever get it right. :D
 Web Rider
11-22-2008, 1:22 AM
What's with them always releasing expansions with a broken installer. If my memory serves me right, MOTB broke the OC. Can't they ever get it right. :D

Well, at least they're consistent, even if they're consistently wrong.
 Lantzen
11-22-2008, 6:43 AM
Have played for two hours and the game is really great of what i played. Love that you create a 4-man party so you can really decide what you want for the group. And if they have diffrent stats and skills they can give very diffrent dialouges. Have meet two normal joinable NPC but none of them seem any intressing so i dumped them after they joined the party.

First i though the system with switchable characthers in dialouges would be a mess to handle, but it works really good.
 Arбtoeldar
11-22-2008, 2:41 PM
Ouch! I imagine that they will fix that...seems like a major issue :o

It looks like if I ever buy it, I will miss Sand even more... :( I have always liked party members interactions.

I can tell you that there are a lot of unhappy people over at SA. Most of them feel like the game is trying too hard to be like a MMORRG instead of a SPRPG. They feel that Atari/OE betrayed them with the lack of reviews before the game came out.
 Lance Monance
11-23-2008, 6:38 AM
The one thing that seems to be lacking is any form of interaction from the cohorts. No snappy dialogue - no witty repartee. Even attempting to initiate a conversation gives you zip. Nothing. The cohorts are as silent as the stone heads at Easter Island. Perhaps it's simply a matter of how far I've gotten in the game. While I wasn't expecting lengthy MotB type dialogues, I did expect at least something equal to if not better than the OC. Having nothing so far is surprising. If party interaction is a major driver for you, you are in for a severe letdown. This is a major disappointment..
What the hell? Looks like I won't be playing this after all...
 Lantzen
11-23-2008, 9:59 AM
Well, that's not completly true. But it's harder to get dialouges with NPC now then in the normal NWN2. First the cohorts have unique dialouges sometimes in the new dialouge tree, if you switch to there characther they can choose diffrent responses during some of the quests. And you can initiate a dialouge with them by holding shift and right clicking on them, more often then not they have nothing to say but sometimes after quests they have dialouges.

The conversations are more like in BG2 where they only peek in sometimes but you can never initiate a conversation with them

But since you create a four man party the game focus more on your four main characthers then the cohorts NPC:s, and the dialouge can be very diffrent depending on the skills and stats of your four main characthers.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
11-23-2008, 3:38 PM
I can tell you that there are a lot of unhappy people over at SA. Most of them feel like the game is trying too hard to be like a MMORRG instead of a SPRPG. They feel that Atari/OE betrayed them with the lack of reviews before the game came out.goons bitching about something isnt really an indicator of its quality
 Emperor Devon
11-24-2008, 4:37 AM
Installed the game yesterday and have been playing it for most of today. Some of my first impressions...

Pros:
- The AI. Enemies, particularly spellcasters, are a lot smarter than they used to be. They'll actually cast spells at you (and themselves in the case of buffs), which is a refreshing change of pace.

- The loot is balanced. At level 10 a +3 weapon is something to be excited over.

- The overland map, obviously.

- Skills matter. Listen and Spot can detect approaching encounters. Survival makes your party move faster in forested areas on the overland map (and in turn help avoid encounters, which despite the XP gain you actually want to do). Search can find hidden loot. Even playing an 18 Int rogue I still couldn't cover everything.

- What I've heard of the music so far has been pretty good. There's only a few instances in which pieces from the OC and MotB are reused, and even then they're appropriate ones (such as the Thayan academy music playing in the Neverwinter Thayan embassy).

- The game assumes Neeshka is dead, as I've not seen her around Crossroad Keep or heard any mention of her.

- Minor tie-ins to the 4e Forgotten Realms. Although I don't like a lot of the changes that were made there, it makes the setting feel less static.

Cons:
- The new dialogue system. I think being able to take advantage of all your party's skills is overrated, since it ensures a diverse enough group will be able to handle any situation that gets thrown at them. Which in turn takes away replay value and makes the player's chosen class irrelevant.

My chiefest complaint with the new system, though, is how there are no longer any cinematic KotOR-style conversations. Why couldn't Obsidian have let you switch between party members in the middle of those? Personally I think it really detracts from the atmosphere.

- There isn't a [Success/Failure] indicator in front of NPCs' responses to being Bluffed/Intimidated/Diplomacized (I'm sure that isn't a word). This wouldn't be very annoying on its own, but with how there are so many redundant uses of the conversation skills this makes things confusing.

For instance, during a conversation with Volo after you've retrieved a certain doodad for him, there's a [Diplomacy] option to say something along the lines of 'the locals will be offended if they see this, you should probably not keep it out in the open'. At the same time there's a non-Diplomatic option which says basically the same thing. With how there's no longer a [Success] or [Failure] indicator after you use a conversation skill on an NPC, I can't be sure if said skills are a waste of points or not - each time they come up, there are skill-independent responses that say the same thing.

- The story is fairly slow. I'm not saying it's bad per say, just slow - I've spent about half the weekend playing the game, and essentially all I've found out is that the ship at the start of the game was sabotaged by someone working for the yuan-ti. Still absolutely no idea why they wanted to. By this time in MotB I'd have found out my PC is the new spirit-eater.

- The cohorts don't have much to say - on their own, that is. One of the disadvantages of the new dialogue system is that if you want to see what they'd quip up with, you have to switch over to them (so switching to a cohort who's a paladin will give a lawful good-ish response to choose from). Even so, it's still impossible to sit down and chat with them like you could with the companions from MotB/the OC. This makes them feel pretty devoid of any personality, but perhaps they'll quip up at a more plot-critical moment. I've not played a whole lot of the main quest yet (running around the overland map exploring caves and dungeons eats up a lot of time).

- Random encounters on the overland map are too frequent. If they could have been limited to just one a day with all the rest optional, that would've been super. But combined with how each encounter loads a new area and some of them can be significantly below your party's level (encounters only run away from you if their EL is 6 lower), this can be pretty annoying. I've found the best solution is for a character with a high Hide skill to lead the party around the map, and to switch over to one with high Survival if an encounter notices you (Survival makes your party move faster on the map). If you can give chase for long enough it eventually gives up.

- The game assumes Sand is dead, as I've not seen him around Crossroad Keep or heard any mention of him. Unfortunately the same can't be said of Nasher.

And that's that for now. Despite my cons list being twice as long as the pros, I'm actually having fun with the game so far - I'm just a lot more verbose when I criticize things than when I compliment them. :p
 Lantzen
11-24-2008, 7:55 AM
- The cohorts don't have much to say - on their own, that is. One of the disadvantages of the new dialogue system is that if you want to see what they'd quip up with, you have to switch over to them (so switching to a cohort who's a paladin will give a lawful good-ish response to choose from). Even so, it's still impossible to sit down and chat with them like you could with the companions from MotB/the OC. This makes them feel pretty devoid of any personality, but perhaps they'll quip up at a more plot-critical moment. I've not played a whole lot of the main quest yet (running around the overland map exploring caves and dungeons eats up a lot of time). Reread my post above, you can get into conversations with them like in NWN2 and MotB by holding shift and click them, but like i said earlier they usally don't have anything to say but sometimes they do.

It's not near the same class as in MotB or even the normal NWN2, but you can still talk to them sometimes by not switching to them in conversations
 stoffe
11-24-2008, 8:15 AM
It's not near the same class as in MotB or even the normal NWN2, but you can still talk to them sometimes by not switching to them in conversations

Baldurs Gate II didn't have any player initiated conversation with party members either, but still managed fairly decently to give (a few of) them personality. Will the cohorts do like in BG2 and start conversation with you at the worst possible moments to vent whatever's on their mind? :)

(Still remember an incident in BG2 where we were just about to start fighting a Lich. While the Lich was just about to finish casting Time Stop, Anomen butted in with some conversation about being frustrated with his dad. I half expected the lich to interject with "Do you mind? I'm trying to kill someone here!". :p)

If the cohorts don't have much in the way of conversation, is there any point in bringing them along instead of your own custom created characters in the party? Do they have anything your own characters don't?
 Lantzen
11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
From what i experince the cohorts have some unique dialoges with some NPC:s, and sometimes after a quest if you initiate a conversation with them they can have something to say about what just happend. I haven't notice that they start conversations like in BG2, you most start it when the moment is right. Sometimes when you enter a area they say something about the area, but do not initiate a dialouge about it.

The point of bringing them with you is that you can only have four custom characther, if you have a cohorts with you, you will have five members in the party instead of you custom created four.

And a last note, i don't have cohorts with me most of the time, i have only travled with them when i meet them during a quest and they can help you with it, then dumped them after the quest. So they maybe don't have anything to say about anything else then there quests.

But to say that they don't say anything is not correct. So the point Emperor Devon made about them feeling "pretty devoid of any personality" i can agree on
 Yar-El
11-29-2008, 8:35 PM
I didn't find this game to be engaging. Obsidian's storytelling is rather dull; however, the Storm of Zehir was not 100% made for that style. I give them thumbs up for inovation; nevertheless, it takes away from Obsidian making exciting and bug free games. I don't think Obsidian has what it takes to become a BioWare or Blizzard. Storm of Zehir is a throwback to the games in the 1990s, but with a twist of modern and yawn. Obsidian needs to put the amount of time they place into inovation aside; thus, allowing themselves some time to complete games and work on better storytelling. Neverwinter Knights 2 is a pretty good game; however, its second counterpart is rather dull and annoying.

I'm sure there will be people who think differently; nevertheless, I would not suggest this game to anyone who wants something exciting.
 Aash Li
12-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I like the option to play a Yuan-ti, though I have yet to see how hideous they made the females look... still installing.

Well the Yuan-ti dont look halfbad! Congrats to Obsidian for making a race that doesnt make me wrinkle my nose in disgust. lol Although they forgot to mention on the front of the package that you need to have MotB installed as well. >.>
 Jae Onasi
12-12-2008, 1:03 PM
Anyone know how to mod the camera controls back to the original version in nwn2 (or where to find one)? These new controls are making me crazy. :)
 stoffe
12-12-2008, 5:34 PM
Anyone know how to mod the camera controls back to the original version in nwn2 (or where to find one)? These new controls are making me crazy. :)

You can toggle between the three camera modes with a keyboard shortcut (* is default in my game). Exploration Mode is pretty much the same as default NWN2, if I remember correctly.

(You can set some graphics settings and key bindings independently for each camera mode in the options.)

On a side note, you can make ridiculous amounts of money in this game. When I sold most of my trade bars I got 4 million gold. Too bad there's nothing to spend it on. :)
 Lantzen
12-13-2008, 2:32 PM
You could always retire as a millionare :xp: Pretty funny option that you can end the game before you finish it
 Det. Bart Lasiter
12-13-2008, 3:39 PM
you can buy 4 million bone wands
 Aash Li
12-14-2008, 10:56 PM
I still wish we could mod the figures to give the females wider hips... breasts are ok size, but the hips look like they forgot to widen them for the female models...
 Arбtoeldar
12-17-2008, 5:42 AM
Fixes and Workarounds for some of the regularly reported SoZ bugs/issues (last edited Dec 15/08) (http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=659129&forum=128)
 Lantzen
12-20-2008, 9:20 AM
Is there a quick way to add cohorts to the party, like a console command or mod ? Im in the middle of nowhere, and meet One-of-Many with my evil party and it would take too long to return to a city too get cohorts.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
12-20-2008, 10:14 AM
The console command partyadd should work. Just look up the tag of the cohort you want in the toolset or specify an NPC.
 Lantzen
12-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Ehhm, how exactly do i look up there tags ? Just using the cohorts name didn't work, and i have never used the toolset
 Det. Bart Lasiter
12-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Ehhm, how exactly do i look up there tags ? Just using the cohorts name didn't work, and i have never used the toolsethmm

the cohorts i could find are co_<cohort name>, i.e. co_septimund, co_lastri, etc, etc

you can open up the toolset then just check the tags of npcs in the blueprints pane on the right side. cohorts are listed when you open up a soz module (they have x2 in the file name) and expand the cohorts branch
 Lantzen
12-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks, i try that then. Will report back if it works ^^

Edit: Nope, don't seem to work with PartyAdd co_<cohort name>.

Damm, small spoiler about One-of-ManyYou can sacrifice Cohorts to One-of-Many, but you need to sacrifice multiple of them to get a reward, and he is a really long way from any city so it would take forever to get all the sacrifices to him. Think i will skip that quest now :(
 Lantzen
12-24-2008, 6:09 PM
Have finished Storm of Zehir for the second time now, and this time with a party just with Monks + Ribsmasher. Was a pretty funny experince, they kicked the **** out of most things and the end fight was a walk in the park. I sacrificed a little of one of the monks figthing skills, and made him INT/DEX focus so he was almost as good as a Rouge in lockpicking and Disable Device with feats increasing those skills, and he had also skills for the overall map. Most of the time when i meet spellcasters my monk was all over him and killed him before he even had time to cast his first buff :D

I really didn't think that party would work out in the long run, but it did and it was a hell of fun playing with it :)

Thinking about replaying MotB now, with a Swashbuckler/Duelist characther, those two seems to be a good fit to combine. Im wondering about the name of the mod, or if it's even a console command that increase the numbers of members you can have in the party. I remember it was so annoying that you had to leave one of the party members behind
Page: 2 of 3