Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber Upgrades

Page: 1 of 1
 BurningZero
02-04-2008, 12:41 PM
what are you guy's thoughts on the crystals that upgrade your lightsaber?

i think IGN.com said something about it

i hope they put in a white saber color XD

i love TSL saber color mods lol
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-04-2008, 3:39 PM
Perhaps, I don't expect much anything deeper than the already known weapons upgrades from DMC or GoW. They're all action games.
 adamqd
02-04-2008, 5:08 PM
yeah, I heard you'll be able to Pimp your hilt (and Clothing) in between levels, Don't know if blade color or attributes will be changeable/upgradeable...
 BurningZero
02-04-2008, 5:33 PM
man.

lets start a petition for a white saber!
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-04-2008, 7:05 PM
IF Vader allow him to use other color that's not the red. :p
 Hayden Kered
02-29-2008, 1:05 AM
Apparently the Apprentice can be redeemed so I would say the use of a Jedi blade would be in order. Plus if he is supposed to be "undercover" and all of his missions are covert then what better way to gain trust by disguising himself as a Jedi.

Also if the hilt will be customizable then I wouldn't doubt that the crystal would be.

I think the upgrades will be similar to lightsaber upgrades in KotOR 1 & 2.
 Jeff
02-29-2008, 1:53 AM
They said the lightsaber will be customizable with new colors and powerup crystals. Definitely a cool feature I think. Though I hope they stick with the traditional colors, I know some players like all the yellows and whites and stuff but the g-canon colors will always be green, red, and blue with purple on the borderline and thats how I personally like it to be.
 adamqd
02-29-2008, 4:40 AM
Agreed, I love yellow sabers in the comics and games, but they were seldom used around the time of the movies in-universe and in reality. Blue Green and Red will do me
 TKA-001
02-29-2008, 11:38 PM
What exactly does it mean to "upgrade" a lightsaber? An un-"upgraded" lightsaber certainly can cut through virtually anything except a few select materials (or a very large amount of durasteel).
 Jeff
03-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Maybe make it more powerful when combined with force powers? Or give boosts to your different powers like the force points are supposed to do. Not really sure in this type of game.
 TKA-001
03-01-2008, 9:11 AM
I'm personally hoping that it won't have to do with force powers. Lightsabers may be many things, but I'd prefer not magic swords.
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-01-2008, 6:55 PM
I'm personally hoping that it won't have to do with force powers. Lightsabers may be many things, but I'd prefer not magic swords.
Well, what's with Mace ability to nullify the Force Storm effect with his lightsaber? That may be sole Force's work, but maybe that could be an add-on.
 TKA-001
03-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Lightsabers deflecting other types of energy isn't a power, it's just what the blade does.
 Serpentine Cougar
03-01-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm personally holding out hope that they include a brown lightsaber.

Just kidding.
 PoiuyWired
03-02-2008, 3:02 PM
I would rather them including the oldschool ancient lightsaber with wires connected to the belt.
 Doc Valentine
03-11-2008, 11:19 PM
It definitely will be nice to be able to have different lightsaber colors. I think customization in the lightsaber is important, it sort of reflects the character of the one using it. So this is a feature I am very excited about.
 dubbleD
03-15-2008, 3:40 AM
if there were white crystals in kotor, then theres definately white crystals for saber colour in force unleashed. just look for it when you get the game lol
my bro managed to buy a white crystal in kotor =P
 Rev7
03-15-2008, 5:29 PM
^
Wasn't it a silver crystal?

EDIT: Post #1111!
 TKA-001
03-15-2008, 6:14 PM
If by silver you mean white, then yes, silver. I honestly don't see how the "silver" blade in K2 is silver as opposed to white.
 Rev7
03-15-2008, 10:28 PM
It looks almost...like a greyed out white, if I remember correctly. But, that is just off of sheer memory.
 TKA-001
03-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Eh, I'm not sure how a silver blade would look different from a white. It's like trying to describe what a "black" saber would be.
 Rev7
03-16-2008, 1:30 AM
^ Well, black?
 Ztalker
03-16-2008, 6:46 AM
I think TKA means the core of a lightsaber. It's always white. If you observe closely it's just white with an edge of the favorite colour. That way, Silver and white blades look just the same. Same goes for a black blade...it would be white with a black edge...which would look strange and not be black at all :)

Anyways, maybe the game will feature the same unlock system as Need for Speed Most Wanted? That you can pick an lightsaber, force or clothing upgrade after every boss you beat.
 Serpentine Cougar
03-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Same goes for a black blade...it would be white with a black edge...which would look strange and not be black at all :)
It'd look kinda darkish-grey, I think....

Anyways, maybe the game will feature the same unlock system as Need for Speed Most Wanted? That you can pick an lightsaber, force or clothing upgrade after every boss you beat.
I'd hope there's a lot of bosses, then! I think I'd want upgrades just slightly more often. They make you feel like an uber h4xx0r. 'Course, the game's already gonna make you feel like you could pwn anything even without upgrades....
 PoiuyWired
03-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Eh, I'm not sure how a silver blade would look different from a white. It's like trying to describe what a "black" saber would be.

Obviously a Black saber would be the one with the afro and the blings.

As for Silver/White saber, it should be noted that colored sabers would quite often have its core tainted to the outter color of the saber, for obvious reasons, you are seeing the bright white saber thru a layer of colored light.

So silver would have a white core with a slightly greyish side, instead of being tainted with blue/yellow/etc as some white saber arts would have done.
 homiJ15
03-18-2008, 8:45 PM
Just as long as there is some serious stormtrooper/other enemy body dismemberment i dont care what color my saber is (course i really do hope you can Pimp out your Sith)
 TKA-001
03-18-2008, 9:18 PM
If the trailer is any indication, there is likely to be no dismemberment whatsoever.
 homiJ15
03-20-2008, 8:31 PM
fo sho? in all of the jedi knight games theres at least an arm that comes off, and in the Episode 3 game arms and sometimes legs come off and when your about to fight some jedi chick there are clone trooper heads, arms, legs, and mutilated bodies laying everywhere and T-rated games can have blood and gore (even though this games only rated Teen for fantasy violence) but Hayden Blackman said in an issue of Game Informer (not quoting this exactly) that "if you swing your saber and force push at the same time that the person would go flying off (and sometimes in more than one peice)" and it said that you could get eatin by a rancor, do force repulse in its stomach and blow it up, to me that sounds more violent than choppin up some troopers. But anyways im just sayin though cuz iv always wanted to totally own a stormtrooper with my saber and id figure what a better way to do it than in a next gen star wars game, but anyways its still gona be a great game (inhales a long needed breath of air)
 Ztalker
03-21-2008, 7:49 AM
You could always get the Darth Vader breathing mechanism for these things :xp:

Anyways, homiJ15 point is a valid one. We DID see God of War-like quick time events, possibly ending with a cranial stab with a lightsaber of the force-stomach action described.
Then why not add some of that in the normal fights with stormtroopers? Seems like a missed chance...
 TKA-001
03-21-2008, 1:28 PM
Because people don't want every enemy to explode.
 homiJ15
03-21-2008, 9:00 PM
not just explode, theres also the equally great implode ;)
 Gurges-Ahter
05-03-2008, 12:26 AM
If by silver you mean white, then yes, silver. I honestly don't see how the "silver" blade in K2 is silver as opposed to white.
What type of screen do you use while playing? PC or XBox? I played on an XBox and, while at a hotel, the silver blade was hard to differentiate from the white on a crappy TV. But when I played at home, on the 65" screen with HD upconvert, it was easily discernible as silver (and not white).

Lightsabers deflecting other types of energy isn't a power, it's just what the blade does.
Windu's blade didn't just deflect lightning; it redirected it in a loop back to the lightning-user.

What exactly does it mean to "upgrade" a lightsaber? An un-"upgraded" lightsaber certainly can cut through virtually anything except a few select materials (or a very large amount of durasteel).
In KotOR, the upgrades included things like different emitters that focused the blade or made it broader, and sometimes brighter. The different crystals had different effects on the wielder as well, such as adding wisdom.
 Ryazan
08-20-2008, 4:55 PM
Haden Blackman said on G4 that there will be combat crystals and color crystals. I hope there's a black one.

By the way, you know how all lightsaber blades are white with a colored shroud around it? That's basically how a black saber would look-white with a black shroud.

The combat crystals probably do things such as increasing blade power, so that it inflicts more damage or even shorts out some electrical systems.
Page: 1 of 1