Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] Korriban/Tatoine Quest Restoration

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Balor
01-31-2008, 7:44 PM
The following information was provided by one of the Lead Writers of KotOR 1:

There was a Galaxy wide Czerka quest that began with the Sand People rebellion on Tatooine which included the sub-plot of whether or not you wanted to help free the Jawa from the Sand People and whether or not you would help the Sand People fight against the Czerka miners -- or help Czerka wipe out the Sand People. If you had sided with Czerka on Tatooine, then on Korriban there were plans for Czerka to give you a quest to get them some artifacts from the dig underneath the nose of the Sith.

After reading this I have now taken on the Tusken/Czerka quest in addition to restoring the Czerka area on Korriban.

I'll have some screenshots to show you soon, and possibly a trailer next week.
 Robespierre
02-03-2008, 2:10 AM
O.o. I look forward to this!

If you need some help, don't hesitate to give me a buzz.
 Darth InSidious
02-03-2008, 10:41 AM
O.o. I look forward to this!

If you need some help, don't hesitate to give me a buzz.
I don't mean to play the spirit of despondency, but Balor has been banned both here and at KotORFiles. He's also shown such disrespect toward others that I doubt many would welcome him if they know about his past, and I suspect this project is no longer likely to be made.
 Marius Fett
02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Looks like the project is someone elses for the taking then!

It was Balors own fault...
 Emperor Devon
02-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Looks like the project is someone elses for the taking then!

I wouldn't be that hasty to start the proverbial looting, as the ban likely isn't permanent. It is at KotorFiles, yes, but since it probably isn't here at LF the project idea still is Balor's.
 Robespierre
02-03-2008, 8:58 PM
This is Balor's attempt to regain some trust. Regardless of what people say and putting aside his recent actions, Balor is still a very good modder. So if/when his ban expires, he'll post this.
 Dan Loto
02-03-2008, 9:02 PM
IMO (whoever) ends up doing these should wait for David Gaider to get back to us before restoring "too" much.
 Lordjedi
02-03-2008, 9:48 PM
IMO (whoever) ends up doing these should wait for David Gaider to get back to us before restoring "too" much.
When is David coming?
 Dan Loto
02-03-2008, 9:52 PM
When is David coming?

He's not "coming" as far as I know...but he will hopefully respond to CrisG sometime this week.

Go here to see what I'm talking about http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185850)

I'm looking foward to attacking Anchorhead...
 Shem
02-03-2008, 10:33 PM
This is Balor's attempt to regain some trust.At the risk of starting a hot debate, I must I that I strongly disagree. He had the chance to gain our trust and he blew it. Balor is just interested in getting fame anyway possible; that includes at the expense of other people's hard work. He was someone I told Devon (and he can testify of this conversation) long before the K2RP disaster to watch out for because of his disregard to credit people's work and we better keep a close eye on the K2RP because of what happened with the stolen work from Darth333 and the attempt to upload Team Gizka's fixes without permission too. He was warned never to do that again or he would be banned. He didn't listen.

He also had an error on his first mod based on the restored content and when I pointed it out, he acted like that wasn't an error, but he corrected it anyway and pretended like it didn't happen in his update and email. That's an ego problem. The reason why he won't ask others to use their work is because of his massive ego. He wants the praise like he did it all instead of crediting others for their hard work. He also is lazy in the fact he rather use someone else's work and take all the credit instead of doing it himself which he could have easily done.

Let's just say the recent Juhani Dialogue Restoration Mod was sent to FileFront after he was done serving his ban there; I would have caught it and banned him on the spot with no argument. See, I never point out how people cheat when I catch it, I just catch and take care of it because I don't like giving people pointers on how to make it less obvious. The problem was this was a Holowan only issue which means I felt I had to provide proof for the Holowan Mods to see since I had no control over shutting the mod down to the public. This tipped off a hint how on how to hide stolen work which he would have done this last time if I had pointed out how he did it before. It was obvious he would have done that when he modified the work and re-uploaded a link to try to cover it up. He just learned something I wish I didn't have to point out because I had no control over pulling the mod.

This is why I would never trust him again because now he's just going to be craftier on how he hides what he steals. Personally I would never let him back because I know he'll just do it again with more caution.

Since this could open a debate and Balor is banned (I would keep it permanent to save future headaches), I would just shut down the thread.

Shem, you could have sent the 'evidence' in PM's to us, the staff, instead. ;) *Runs* -RH
 SD Nihil
02-05-2008, 9:00 AM
Well Shem thankfully the thread isn't closed. Even I one who hotly debated the issue can move on. So I don't think keeing the thread open will cause a problem.

I'm just happy that some of the material is salvagable. Others say I only care about getting the downloads that I don't care about the former Exile team. Or try to demonise me in some way. I do care not only about their work, but also their future. I hope they go on to bigger and better things. I hope they continue to provide us with their great work maybe not as a group, but as individuals. And that would be great if swfan and others can wokr on this. Wouldn't want their ability and skill to go to waste. And I hope their lives are blessed.

Now let's get back on topic please and not go back to the past. I disagreed with Shem on all of this, but hey I can move on. Looks like some don't know RA Jeff as you think. Gee what a suprise.:)
 Seamhainn
02-05-2008, 9:09 AM
Hm, I am also sorry that Darth Balor seems to be banned. I am working on the transitions from the deleted Czerka Office and Dreshdae and back for him, and I saw what he already did in the Office area. It looked actually very, very good to me, and it is a pitty that now we might not see anything of what he did.

I say IF he did anything wrong in the past (which I know nothing about admittedly), nobody is beyond redemption (ask Revan)! But who am I to raise my voice...

Take care
 SD Nihil
02-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Among content we won't see scarletguard tells me the Ravanger crashing into Citadel Station movie we won't ever get to see. Sure would've wanted to know if that was an alternate ending or something. He said he is going to work with DSToney on the VOs of this project and other VOs. Sure hope the Jedi Temple extra VOs will be salaagable. It was really neat hear all those lines. Especially the lines that Vash said. IT made her seem more than just a small side character which she seemed to me.

All she was was a dead Jedi you saw say a couple sentences in the recording and later you find a body. The added lines really did help her character to be more promenant.
 CrisG
02-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh my, sorry to hear about this, I am glad that ppl are careful about attribtion and correct authorship. Re David Gaider, still havent heard from him but hopefully this week.

I will continue to help as I can and hope for positive vibes from all efforts made for these wonderful games. :)
 Robespierre
02-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Among content we won't see scarletguard tells me the Ravanger crashing into Citadel Station movie we won't ever get to see.

You can already see that in game...Search on Youtube.

Sure hope the Jedi Temple extra VOs will be salaagable.

You mean the Council scene? Or the Jedi Enclave scene? Because both were restored by K2Rp, and I believe the improved enclave scene is going into the M4-78 mod (since it includes Vash's restored lines).
 SD Nihil
02-06-2008, 7:39 AM
I meant the Council holovid scene. Will the Vash lines restored by k2rp in that council haolvid scene also be in the mod? That's great that there are lines for Vash in the Dantooine Enclave seene. Which is strange since at that point you already found her dead earlier.
 Robespierre
02-07-2008, 12:54 AM
She wasn't originally going to die. Close-ish to release, Vash was still at M4-78, and therefore would be alive (if you didn't kill her) at the enclave. Then they cut M4-78 and decided that you would find her dead on Korriban, but they left the VOs in there.

I'm not sure about the council holovid scene. You'd have to ask Darth Stoney if he's going to implement them.
Page: 1 of 1