Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vader and the Apprentice in bad shape! (56k)

Page: 2 of 2
 Miltiades
02-18-2008, 7:26 PM
The pack they come in is called the "Secret Apprentice" "Evolution" pack, meaning it is the evolution of the yet unnamed one, i.e him at different stages of his story. it is the same as the Evolutions Anakin to Vader pack.
If it had characters as well as the SA it would be called the Force Unleashed: Evolutions or something.
If that's what it is, then I guess the first is what he starts as, and the second and third are the two obvious persons he can become (LS & DS) which means two endings.
 adamqd
02-19-2008, 9:49 AM
 Miltiades
02-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Ah, yes. Well, for one, I don't like those things on the arms of the Jedi Knight SA (don't know what to call 'em :)). Won't that get in the way when fighting?
 adamqd
02-19-2008, 11:42 AM
yes, I've just picked up that figure loose off of eBay, they've gone overkill on the accessories :)
 Miltiades
02-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Yeah :p. About the Sith Lord: I said its helmet/mask looked like a Ubese one. If I look closer, it's more like a crossing between a Ubese Mask (mouth piece) and a Mandalorian helmet (T-visor), coincidence? Probably. The Sith Lord does look cool.
 Nedak
02-19-2008, 2:44 PM
What's up with the three sabers on his belt?

Possibly fallen Jedi lightsabers?
 adamqd
02-19-2008, 5:51 PM
yeah the one on his right hip looks like that of Rahm Kota, your apparent Jedi mentor, maybe you kill him in the Darkside Plot line?
 DAWUSS
02-19-2008, 6:06 PM
What's with the LOTF logo over the Jedi Knight figurine? Will he last after the Battle of Endor and the Yuuzhan Vong?
 adamqd
02-19-2008, 6:12 PM
^^^
Never caught that, as you said that version of the Jedi symbol was used from 40 ABY onwards.... Interesting
 Nedak
02-20-2008, 1:30 AM
Hmm, so if the Jedi Knight path is canon, I wonder what happened to the apprentice during Luke's training on Degobah
 Ztalker
02-20-2008, 6:29 AM
DAWUSS wrote:
What's with the LOTF logo over the Jedi Knight figurine? Will he last after the Battle of Endor and the Yuuzhan Vong?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Order)
That's the symbol of the Old Jedi Order. The New Jedi order has no symbol if you look for the article...and since it's printed on every New Jedi Order book:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/9/93/Lotflogo.jpg/250px-Lotflogo.jpg)

Since there is nof (official) Jedi Order during the great purge the game takes place in, imo, the logo's either to show his...'Light Side connection' with the Order then his physical connection. Or, like you say, he joins the new order :D
 Miltiades
02-20-2008, 7:45 AM
Since there is nof (official) Jedi Order during the great purge the game takes place in, imo, the logo's either to show his...'Light Side connection' with the Order then his physical connection.
Yeah, that's the probably the intent. :)
 adamqd
02-20-2008, 10:24 AM
@ Ztalker

Thats not a New Jedi Order book :) but what you say is true.

The NJO era symbol is this...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/tayloryea/Era-njo.png)

the LOTF era is this...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/tayloryea/Era-leg.png)

As you say the old Jedi order, or at least the rise of the Empire era Jedi use this symbol too.
 EmperorPalpa
02-22-2008, 3:33 PM
I don't want to DESTROY you fun playing TFU but on N-gage trailer of TFU we can see something........
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qQhQFHGe0P4)
BEWARE!! watch only if you want to know who will fight Lord Vader in the final duel (I think many fans figured this out before)
 Ztalker
02-23-2008, 5:44 AM
You mean the guy flinging stuff around halway through the trailer?
That's general Rahm Khota. One of the surviving Jedi, not Darth Vader...
In the video, seconds 39-41.... :)
 EmperorPalpa
02-23-2008, 5:53 AM
No, it cannot be Kota. Look at his head. It looks like Vader helmet. And he is fighting using red lightsaber. Kota's green. But those my thoughts :D
 Ztalker
02-24-2008, 6:01 AM
Allright, I found a possible source for the damage done to Vader. It's in a new Fanity Fair article found here:
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/03/lucas200803)
Look at page 3, last bit of the page. It describes what happens. But in short:

Before I leave, Blackman and Stafford take me to a workstation where Adam Piper, a senior-level designer for The Force Unleashed, is playing through the prologue on a PlayStation 3 console. The prologue allows the gamer to play Darth Vader, who has gone to Kashyyyk, the Wookiee home planet, to hunt down a recalcitrant Jedi.

The article further describes Vader attacking a certain 'walking carpet' race. Knowing those guys are insanely strong, they might be the source for the damage :)

Playing Vader....this is looking more awesome with the minute! :D

PS: Might explain the rumors about the 'Vader game' as well...
 Davinq
02-24-2008, 5:41 PM
^^^

So that's where the Vader game rumors tie in...

Now let's see the KOTOR III hype go full circle. :)
 DAWUSS
02-28-2008, 2:40 PM
Allright, I found a possible source for the damage done to Vader. It's in a new Fanity Fair article found here:
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/03/lucas200803)
Look at page 3, last bit of the page. It describes what happens. But in short:

The article further describes Vader attacking a certain 'walking carpet' race. Knowing those guys are insanely strong, they might be the source for the damage :)

Playing Vader....this is looking more awesome with the minute! :D

PS: Might explain the rumors about the 'Vader game' as well...

That would be hilarious if an exception was made to the Wookiee Jedi rule.

... or Chewie vs. Vader :D
 TKA-001
02-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Knowing those guys are insanely strong
Meaning, strong enough to tear apart heavy armor?
 PoiuyWired
02-29-2008, 4:39 PM
or even the ears of a gundark... oops, even farmboys can do that.
 Serpentine Cougar
03-01-2008, 11:41 PM
That would be hilarious if an exception was made to the Wookiee Jedi rule.

What is the "Wookiee Jedi Rule"??
 PoiuyWired
03-02-2008, 1:10 AM
Other than the secial case of the current few Wookiee Jedis, no Wookiee jedis would be added to the Star Wars Universe, as commanded by GL. Failure to do so and GL would magically appear in the director's bedroom ripping out the victim's heart and feeding it to a rancor which is conveniently hidden under the victim's bed.
 darth_anger
05-15-2008, 1:31 PM
wow just checked out this thread.

Nice post with the evolution toys pics. Really puts things into perspective.

Hopefully the Sith Lord version in game doesn't look as weird as the toy.
Page: 2 of 2