Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Connecting a module?

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Balor
01-23-2008, 6:00 PM
How do you add an exit point to a module and have it load the next area?
 Stream
01-23-2008, 6:13 PM
I'm not sure that this is the correct way to do it but to me it's the easiest way, first decided where you want the transition to be and then make a trigger in that area. In the .utt file add this as the on enter script;

void main() {
object oPC = GetFirstPC();

if (GetEnteringObject() == oPC)

StartNewModule("MODULE_NAME");

}
}

You might have to fiddle that code around a little as I'm going by memory here and it may not be exactly right but that's the basis of it anyway.

Hope this helps.

--Stream
 Darth Balor
01-23-2008, 6:15 PM
I figured something like that, but I wasn't sure if that would make the text pop up saying what area you are porting to.

EDIT: Do I place the trigger in the git file?
 Stream
01-23-2008, 6:19 PM
I think there's extra settings in the trigger file that deal with that part of it although I'm not too sure as I've only done a start module script via dialogs and not triggers.

--Stream
 Darth InSidious
01-25-2008, 10:14 AM
There should be a thread still about from before Christmas on this subject. I think Silveredge was the OPer.
 DarthStoney
01-25-2008, 10:22 AM
EDIT: Do I place the trigger in the git file?

Yes it goes in the .git under triggers.
 Darth Balor
01-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Figgured that.
 Seamhainn
01-28-2008, 11:37 AM
The information all goes into the .git file - the arriving point in the module you are transitioning to, what appears in-game in blue letters where you are transitioning to and so on. You have to know where you want to appeare in the moule where you want transitioning to, in other words you need a Waypoint there (and the other way around when you are going back).

As far as I know I never used a script for transitioning :-) .

Take care
Page: 1 of 1