Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Weapons?

Page: 1 of 1
 Sgt.Tim
01-13-2008, 8:28 PM
Hello i am new to this forum and i wanted to post new weapons. First i want to change the all so not powerful fusion cutter. I would like something more efficient like a repair Drill or something. Any ideas?
 DeathKnight23
01-14-2008, 6:16 AM
fusion cutter isn't that bad, it does its job, what would u prefer it to do?
 jawathehutt
01-14-2008, 9:26 AM
I agree, theres not much you can do to improve the cutter, its not meant to be some god device. Besides, the enigeers are over powered enough as it is.
 DeathKnight23
01-14-2008, 9:44 AM
:xp: god device lol, the enginners have a well over ranged shotgun, can heal themselves and have lots of ammo with their health ammo extras. I think their good enough as they are, if their made to much more better they'll HAVE the power of god :xp:
 Sgt.Tim
01-14-2008, 5:25 PM
True but all I am saying is to change the torch like a drill that does the same thing but look different. I just don't understand how you repair things by sparking them up. Should there be a engineer and a medic class or both put together?
 jawathehutt
01-14-2008, 7:14 PM
Does it really matter about what it looks like? If you care about it so much, make a new skin and then your problems solved.
 Sgt.Tim
01-14-2008, 7:35 PM
True so uh any other graphical improvements that you can think of?
 Sgt.Tim
01-14-2008, 8:49 PM
Do you think they should change fire rate on any guns? In the SW cartoons the super battle droid charged up and fired or was that in commando....
 TKT101
01-15-2008, 8:29 PM
New Weapons. Like poison darts, knife, sticky grenade, etc. Something new to the same old stuff.
 Bs|Rogue52
01-15-2008, 9:00 PM
For a new weapon i would like a beat down option, it seems like i empty a clip and am so close to a kill... a shank or rifle hit would be nice, its not a very star wars thing, but i could atleast see a wookie doing it.
 DeathKnight23
01-16-2008, 3:57 AM
New Weapons. Like poison darts, knife, sticky grenade, etc. Something new to the same old stuff.

knife??? what kinda weapon is that to have in BF3?
 Sgt.Tim
01-16-2008, 7:46 AM
I agree of some what but also what do you reload with batteries?
 TripHammer
01-16-2008, 1:10 PM

SWBF2 already has a sticky grenade..nothing new about that. A Knife? Wow... didn't see that coming.

There are some mod maps that introduce some nice weapons. Battlefront Xtreme did a nice job with the weapons. I like the idea of the scope on an axis for zoom in and out.

Before they add weapons and new devices to work with.. they should fix the shot register.
 jawathehutt
01-16-2008, 3:49 PM
The eweb and the DT gun were amazing in BFX, I hope they eventually get put in BF3
 darkjedimonkey
01-21-2008, 8:30 AM
For a new weapon i would like a beat down option, it seems like i empty a clip and am so close to a kill... a shank or rifle hit would be nice, its not a very star wars thing, but i could atleast see a wookie doing it.

that would be sick!
ive always thought about the melee option for swbf
 MachineCult
01-21-2008, 11:18 AM
SWBF1 and 2 definitely could have used a melee attack.
 DeathKnight23
01-22-2008, 4:13 AM
hmm... melee attack, yeah that would be nice.
 NL_Sudentor
02-14-2008, 2:35 PM
Do you think they should change fire rate on any guns? In the SW cartoons the super battle droid charged up and fired or was that in commando....

Yeah they really need to make the fire rate lower, just like in the movies.
If you see the clones fiering they don't shoot like the have a machinegun, just one or 2 shots at a time.
But the dammage should be higher too then.

And the ammo must be unlimited, they need to make an overheating at every gun!
 jawathehutt
02-14-2008, 7:32 PM
Overheating on every gun would suck, give me clips!
 NL_Sudentor
02-15-2008, 9:56 AM
That is not the real star wars feeling
Blasters are always unlimited
 Rev7
02-16-2008, 10:57 PM
^ I agree

I would also like a melee option. Be able to hit an oppenent with the butt of you gun, flamethrowers for ARC's or special unit, different grenade types, airstrikes would be awesome. :D
 deathclone
02-19-2008, 3:17 AM
bash kik punch as long as theres a melee and make it strong cuz well come on! u risk ur life getting close then wham if it was weak well.. u dont hav a chance with no ammo
 NL_Sudentor
02-19-2008, 8:34 AM
bash kik punch as long as theres a melee and make it strong cuz well come on! u risk ur life getting close then wham if it was weak well.. u dont hav a chance with no ammo

I agree, enemy's of the clones aren't humans so why hit them with the rear of the gun, just blast him.
 NL_Sudentor
02-19-2008, 8:35 AM
^ I agree

I would also like a melee option. Be able to hit an oppenent with the butt of you gun, flamethrowers for ARC's or special unit, different grenade types, airstrikes would be awesome. :D

Indeed Airstrikes would be awesome, or maybe better would be that a capitalship would use his powerfull gun to cause a mass explosion, at bf1 the snipers has something like this too with their recon droid!!!
 DeathKnight23
02-20-2008, 3:33 AM
I was hoping the recon droid would be more powerful when it self destructed, it was a bit of a let down, air strikes is an interesting idea... Maybe if u had a certain amount per battle you could use so u have to choose carefully when to use it.
 deathclone
02-20-2008, 4:15 AM
i think air strike would own to easily though that recon droid SHOULD hav a strong self destruct
 DeathKnight23
02-20-2008, 8:20 AM
What if u only had one air strike per battle, it could be like the bonuses u buy for the Galatic Conquest, so u really have to time precisely when to use it. Its true that it could own to easily so... i dunno really, i like the idea, but i think it'll kill to easily, but with only maybe one per battle, perhaps it could work.
 TKT101
02-20-2008, 7:45 PM
ok here are some actually good weapons that maybe added(I"m talking about my other post about knifes and stuff) Well we should a kind of mine that you can throw into a corner and it starts to follow anything that passes by. It is like in UT2004. Of course some new equipment things like grapple hooks and a kind of system to bring extar forces from orbit for something.
 Arcesious
02-20-2008, 9:28 PM
I'd like to see magnaguards with electro-staffs...
 DeathKnight23
02-21-2008, 4:07 AM
I'd like to see magnaguards with electro-staffs...

electro-staff would be cool but they would get killed b4 they got close enough to any1 to use it.
 NL_Sudentor
02-21-2008, 8:40 AM
What if u only had one air strike per battle, it could be like the bonuses u buy for the Galatic Conquest, so u really have to time precisely when to use it. Its true that it could own to easily so... i dunno really, i like the idea, but i think it'll kill to easily, but with only maybe one per battle, perhaps it could work.

It is cool but indeed you own your opponent too easy.
But maybe it should only be added to a map when one side has the advantage of more vehicles, or were they have created such a huge map with so many vehicles that it could be easely used for battle because there are still enough vehicles then after the bombardement
 >General Havok<
03-26-2008, 7:38 PM

I dont think sticky grenades and knifes or darts would go down to well. Maybe sticky grenades, and back to what you said about the fusion cutter, if they gave it the ability to slice into its enemys as well as thier vehicals
 ThePhatCook
04-11-2008, 10:28 PM
I agree with the Melee idea. It should be like the Mass Effect melee, if they get too close your character will automatically knock them back if your using primary fire.
 DeathKnight23
04-14-2008, 4:23 AM
I agree with the Melee idea. It should be like the Mass Effect melee, if they get too close your character will automatically knock them back if your using primary fire.

no, not automatically otherwise that'd drive u nuts, i would want to chose when to use my melee attack, not the game. What if you were just about to kill a sniper but then an enemy unit came across ur path and u then 'automatically melee attack it, then the sniper u were about to kill kills u?

It would be especially annoying online.

Melee - Yes Automatic Melee - No
 GeneralPloKoon
04-14-2008, 1:51 PM
I don't think the melee would be a good idea, ever played Gears of War.....I want the orbital strike to return, except have a new class to use it similar to a sniper, but it would be called a scout instead...and the sniper would play more of a sniper role. The scout would sprint longer and had small stealthy-like weapons, like the Bothan spy and the strike would be its anti-vehicle/infantry weapon.
 DeathKnight23
04-15-2008, 3:30 AM
I don't think the melee would be a good idea, ever played Gears of War.....I want the orbital strike to return, except have a new class to use it similar to a sniper, but it would be called a scout instead...and the sniper would play more of a sniper role. The scout would sprint longer and had small stealthy-like weapons, like the Bothan spy and the strike would be its anti-vehicle/infantry weapon.

yeah but they can't add that many more units otherwise you'll have too many, and besides whats wrong with melee? Yes i have played Gears of War but u can make melee good and useful.
 GeneralPloKoon
04-15-2008, 9:04 AM
Oh i'm not saying its bad, just a little too useful....
 DeathKnight23
04-16-2008, 3:22 AM
Oh i'm not saying its bad, just a little too useful....

that doesn't mean it'll be to useful in BF3 if they put it in.
 ThePhatCook
04-17-2008, 9:29 PM
no, not automatically otherwise that'd drive u nuts, i would want to chose when to use my melee attack, not the game. What if you were just about to kill a sniper but then an enemy unit came across ur path and u then 'automatically melee attack it, then the sniper u were about to kill kills u?

It would be especially annoying online.

Melee - Yes Automatic Melee - No
Well it wouldn't matter if the melee was automatic or not, you still wouldn't kill the sniper because the guy that runs in front of you will block your shot.

Wait, are you familiar with the "Mass Effect style" melee? Because if you are, I'm surprised you would actually say that is annoying.
 shukkoku
04-01-2009, 1:02 AM
I think they should just have a simple melee attack button, maybe even like activating a combo with a cool view sort of like gears of war except not so disgusting
 Nietzsche's God
04-04-2009, 11:01 AM
True but all I am saying is to change the torch like a drill that does the same thing but look different. I just don't understand how you repair things by sparking them up. Should there be a engineer and a medic class or both put together?
That is a good idea. Two seperate class specializing their own expertise. One medic and engineer in the battlefield ought to be implemented.

The question then arise is which weapon will each of them have? Both having the same shotguns or each having different kinds of shotguns?
 liam599
11-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Should there be a engineer and a medic class or both put together?

I know this is an old post, but that seems a good idea, have a separate medic class, with commando pistol, health and ammo packs, a something like a basic slow firing blaster rifle for a primary weapon (a bit like a sniper, but without a scope, and not as powerful) , and mines maybe.

it would be cool if you could use the fusion cutter as a knife, like in other warfare games; in renegade squadron, if you use the fusion cutter when right next to an enemy, it injures them.
 Bokken
11-12-2010, 9:05 PM
I know this is an old post

In that case, shame on you.
Page: 1 of 1