Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jade Empire 2 is coming...

Page: 1 of 1
 Ctrl Alt Del
12-31-2007, 6:16 PM
 Bee Hoon
12-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Oooh I hope it's true!
 Emperor Devon
12-31-2007, 11:38 PM
I'll take it the same way as news on K3. Anything not from BioWare's mouth is rumor-mongering.
 JoeDoe 2.0
01-01-2008, 12:08 AM
I have to agree with Devon here, but what would the story be about? How the hero rules the land or a new threat rises to defy the empire?
 Uilleand
01-01-2008, 12:28 AM
I'm going to go into 2008 believe that it is true...so, I have one thing to say.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

*ahem*

That is all.
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-01-2008, 11:07 AM
I'll take it the same way as news on K3. Anything not from BioWare's mouth is rumor-mongering.
QFT. That would be the wiser thing to do. Paying attention to rumors never hurt and allows you to proclaim: "I knew it!" from time to time.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
01-02-2008, 1:28 AM
I have to agree with Devon here, but what would the story be about?A new hero travelling through a new storyline with mentions of the last game along the way.
 Corinthian
01-02-2008, 3:21 AM
We may be in luck. I always figured Jade Empire would be made by Obsidian. *Shudders* But we're not out of the woods yet.
 Miltiades
01-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Jade Empire is BioWare's own IP, not like Kotor or NWN, although I wouldn't have any problem with OE developing Jade Empire, to tell you the truth.

Anyway, as has been said before, as long as it's not an official announcement, I'm careful. It would be great, though.
 Char Ell
01-02-2008, 8:07 PM
I hope this "news" turns out to be true. At least it comes from a fairly respectable media outlet (San Jose Mercury News). And I do believe BioWare's CEO said they wanted JE to be a franchise. If BioWare is making Jade Empre 2 then I do hope they develop it for PC along with Xbox 360 and whatever other platforms they want to release it on. Having to wait over 18 months after the release of the Xbox version for the PC edition of JE to come out was just too long for my tastes. It's hard to remain spoiler free for all that time. :D
 Negative Sun
01-04-2008, 6:32 PM
I'll take it with a jar of salt just now...

It disturbs me that it's just for the 360 though (if the rumor has any truth to it), but then like they say, EA likes to go as multi-platform as possible, I just hope the port to PC doesn't suck and instead of doing like JE actually release some patches for it and stuff...
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-04-2008, 6:36 PM
While most of us were gorging ourselves on holiday meals and napping away our vacations, news of Jade Empire 2 leaked to the net via The Mercury News. Dean Takahashi published an article stating that he spoke with someone who saw code for Jade Empire 2. "It's coming for the Xbox 360, and it's real," claims Mr. Takahashi. Rumors of the title have been floating around for years, but it is interesting to hear that the code exists for Xbox 360.

Whether the Jade Empire franchise will stay a PC/Xbox 360 exclusive or not remains to be seen. According to Microsoft the franchise is owned by BioWare, a company that was recently purchased by EA. It's no secret that EA prefers to publish its games for as many platforms as possible, putting any thoughts of exclusivity in limbo.

Microsoft, as usual, did not comment on the rumor. When we contacted EA, we were forwarded on to BioWare as the PR is still being handled separately. Representatives for BioWare could not be reached at this time, giving us a trio of no confirmation.

Thankfully, IGN's own David Clayman was willing to go on record with this statement, "There is no truth to the rumor that I have already awarded this game a perfect ten in the IGN databases. As far as we know the title may not even exist. However, if the game does come to fruition I will not dismiss the possibility that it will deserve a score of ten or higher.

We'll have more on Jade Empire 2 as it comes in.

Source: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/843/843370p1.html)

Hmm, more info.
 Corinthian
01-04-2008, 7:10 PM
You can't spell ignorant without IGN. I'll wait until Bioware makes an official announcement.
 JoeDoe 2.0
01-05-2008, 2:18 AM
You can't spell ignorant without IGN. I'll wait until Bioware makes an official announcement.

Kinda ruff there...

Well, the first Jade Empire was good, but if the second does come out it has to be a decent game, not a cheap sequel, but knowing Bioware, I can't complain.

@Jmac: No kidding :xp:
Page: 1 of 1