Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Reducing Scale/Height for Darth Nihilus and Robes

Page: 1 of 1
 MelancholyRoar
11-08-2007, 1:40 PM
IS there a way to make Darth Nihilus not so tall. And so that this would affect Shem's Darth Nihilus robe mod?

He just is too tall! When putting on the robes, I tower a foot above everyone else making conversations look awkward. Anyway to change this?
 Kainzorus Prime
11-08-2007, 2:16 PM
If I remember correctly, Shem's robe used disguise function, so you'd have to rescale Nihilus himself, and the change would be applied to the robes' disguise. I think there was an appearance.2da entry that revolved around character height.
 MelancholyRoar
11-08-2007, 2:53 PM
If I remember correctly, Shem's robe used disguise function, so you'd have to rescale Nihilus himself, and the change would be applied to the robes' disguise. I think there was an appearance.2da entry that revolved around character height.

Yeah I saw that too. His height is set to 1. Female PC models are set to 1.6 yet they are shorter than the males. So does the higher I go on the scale, the smaller they get?
 LORD SPARTAN
11-08-2007, 3:09 PM
Yeah I saw that too. His height is set to 1. Female PC models are set to 1.6 yet they are shorter than the males. So does the higher I go on the scale, the smaller they get?

Did you try it and how it was going? Any bugs with that? I would like to know if you was able to manage this trick.
 MelancholyRoar
11-08-2007, 3:26 PM
Did you try it and how it was going? Any bugs with that? I would like to know if you was able to manage this trick.

I tried and saw no visible difference. What im now trying to do is exporting the model to gmax and then reducing the scale via that, however im not sure how thats gonna work out.

Additionally I dont know how to convert a gmax extension file back to .mdl
 MelancholyRoar
11-08-2007, 8:15 PM
Ok i feel that I have to get up as I cant seem to get the program to let me export it out of here. *sighs*

Any additional help would be welcomed though.
 Marius Fett
11-09-2007, 11:54 AM
To Import It Into GMax You Have To Convert It To An Ascii Model Then Import It Using NWMax.

Then To Export It You Need To Use NWMax Again Then Compile The Ascii Into A Binary Model Using Either MDLOps Or KAuroraEditor.

-DarthDingDong
 MelancholyRoar
11-14-2007, 9:13 PM
Too much too much! cries
 glovemaster
11-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble but that method is impossible as when you export the model to ASCII half the data is missed out, ignored maybe even misread and so you would completely screw up the model, then when you export it back to binary even more data is missed or ignored. :(

MagnusLL is currently working on creating a more accurate version of his KAuroraEditor but its not finished yet. So you may have to wait a while before you can use this method. Sorry i can't provide any other solutions to your problem too.. :(
Page: 1 of 1