Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rebels Overpowered

Page: 1 of 1
 Equinox
10-31-2007, 1:50 AM
The gunship is too powerful. I had a fleet of 12 of those and a fleet commander parked over Bothawui in the rebel campaign. The Empire kept sending fleets of victories and acclamators but i always won and had a loss of one gunboat at most. During one attack at the end of the campaign, the empire sent 3 ISDs, 3 victories, tons of tartans, and a bunch of other stuff. I won with 6 lost gunboats. Since the boost engine ability has no cooldown or timer, i just turn it on, zoom past the fleet to the back where the engines are, and blast their engines off,when they turn, move to the top of the map and repeat to find their weak spots. The concussion missles blow off hardpoints even though the shields are up. If the ISD tractor beams you, just blow it off and move on. The gunboat easily decimates fighters, bombers, and tartans, (i like seeing the giant red blobs on the radar when hoards of fighters die!). Capitals and frigates take time, but sooner or later, theyre gone...
Comments?
 Chandler
10-31-2007, 4:44 AM
The lack of a timer on the Power to Engines ability in EaW seems to be an oversight or a bug, as it's fixed in FoC (they actually quite literally forgot to give it timer behavior for EaW).
 richard-rac
04-26-2008, 4:05 PM
i think rebels artillery and infantry are overpowered but in space empire is more powerfull
 Ulmont
07-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Actually, if you bother to play on higher difficulties, it's not really over-powered.
Page: 1 of 1