Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL: Getting a lightsaber earlier

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthSomething
10-24-2007, 1:56 PM
What's the earliest point you can get a lightsaber without using the Cheat Console. If I use the CC to get a lightsaber on Peragus, it causes a continuity clash, as once you get to the Hawk, Atton asks why you don't carry a lightsaber, for example. Then later on you get Bao-Dur telling you what parts you need, but I hear that doesn't trigger if you have a lightsaber.

I usually get the first part on Telos from the Ithorians, then I get the second part from Vogga's treasure room and the third after defeating Visas. But I think I remember Shem saying he is able to do get a lightsaber by the time he leaves Telos.

How is that possible without the CC?
 Meglivorn
01-19-2008, 6:58 PM
You don't have to wait for Visas. If already on Nal Shadaa, head to the refugee sector, and help the wife back to her husband. Your reaward is the third part.
I just had a saber 35 mins, after I gave the launch order on Telos and I didn't click trough the cutscenes and dialogs.

Soon Visas came, and after +15 mins I have the short saber also :D
 HIGH ON PIE 14
01-19-2008, 7:12 PM
Yes it is quite possible to get a lightsaber before leaving Telos. Atris has the exile's original lightsaber. (Its color and style is based on how you describe your old lightsaber to Atton after leaving Peragus.) If you choose the right options you can get it back from her. I dont know which dialogue options you have to use to get the option of trying to get it back and I dont know how it effects the Bao "crafting a lightsaber" quest. I'll look into it...

EDIT: I stand corrected I dont think you can actually get the lightsaber back. I seem to remeber getting it back once or twice but I cant seem to do it now...Maybe I just have poor memory. Sorry about that. However I am fairly sure that there is a mod that allows you to get the lightsaber back from Atris...You know that probly why I remember getting the saber from her.
 Darth Manus
01-20-2008, 4:13 AM
As far as I know, it's impossible to get a lightsaber without visiting at least one of the planets after Telos.
 MJ-W4
01-20-2008, 9:58 AM
As far as I know, it's impossible to get a lightsaber without visiting at least one of the planets after Telos.Without mods, you need to go to at least one planet after Telos. Nar Shaddaa is probably easiest. The sooner your lightsabre is complete, the sooner you can rake in extra sabres for quest rewards.
 Ztalker
01-20-2008, 10:09 AM
You guys combined two things :D

Shem created a Mod that makes Atris give you your lightsaber back. It doesn't cause continuity errors. Because when Bao-Dur asks you to make a new lightsaber to reflect the NEW you. So the lightsaber you get from Atris (because of Shem's mod) is in fact your old...'warcrime evil Revan follower' saber, whilst the saber you create together with Bao-Dur is the saber reflecting your new self.

Kinda like Luke Skywalker in the movies, who create a new green lightsaber after the loss of his old one. :)

Linkzor to the rockzor modzor:
Click meeee! (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Get_Your_Lightsaber_Back_From_Atris;72493[/url)

Also, there is a huge story mod by MacCorp involving Bastilla which gives you a 'training lightsaber' on Telos as well. Just the same continuity story, since it's you 'old' saber.
The Dark Apprentice: Halowan Consortium (http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=1310&PHPSESSID=61d141b2a45d59ad671ceaec72f8c7bf[/url)

@ below:
Without mods, this is impossible indeed. But the starter if the thread also mentioned 'story continuity' so I offer two mods that DO give the lightsaber, AND keep the story consistent. :carms:
O yeah, the whole thing was a reaction to HIGH ON PIE 14's post :)
 MJ-W4
01-20-2008, 10:13 AM
I said, 'without mods.' :)
 Wookiee Rrudolf
01-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Yes it is quite possible to get a lightsaber before leaving Telos. Atris has the exile's original lightsaber. (Its color and style is based on how you describe your old lightsaber to Atton after leaving Peragus.) If you choose the right options you can get it back from her. I dont know which dialogue options you have to use to get the option of trying to get it back and I dont know how it effects the Bao "crafting a lightsaber" quest. I'll look into it...

EDIT: I stand corrected I dont think you can actually get the lightsaber back. I seem to remeber getting it back once or twice but I cant seem to do it now...Maybe I just have poor memory. Sorry about that. However I am fairly sure that there is a mod that allows you to get the lightsaber back from Atris...You know that probly why I remember getting the saber from her.
I had once a bug that caused Atris to give me back the Old Exiles Lightsaber. I didn't use any mod (I didn't know about mods then :xp: ). During my first playthrough I saved my game before going to Telos Base (after shutle crash) and then entered. Next the dialog with Atris started but I had to finish playing so I started to click random dialog options to end it... I made Atris angry :xp: and she threw a lightsaber under my feet. I thought "cool I'll get a lightsaber early" and exited without saving :( It never happened again when I played TSL later...
 HIGH ON PIE 14
01-20-2008, 2:03 PM
Huh ya know thats probly what happened to me because I checked my downloads and I didnt even download the mod for getting a lightsaber earlier. Yeah I made Atris really mad and I got my lightsaber back from her. It never happened again though...meh I guess its just one of those crazy TSL bugs, the game is chock full of them. Its good to know I'm not goin totally loopy. :xp:

@Wookie Rrudolf: nice avatar!

@all: sorry for the false alarm guys! I havent played TSL in ages. :) Feel free to pelt me with licorice :D
 MJ-W4
01-20-2008, 2:05 PM
@all: sorry for the false alarm guys! I havent played TSL in ages. :) Feel free to pelt me with licorice :DWe'll just get Atris to throw you a lightsabre. :lol::lol::lol:
 Tarridus
01-20-2008, 2:36 PM
The only program/mod that you'll ever need is the TSL (KSE) Save Game Editor. With that thing, you could get a lightsaber on Peragus if you wanted :P

I always found that not having enough lightsabers (after training all your companions to be jedi) was more annoying than not getting a lightsaber in the first quarter in the game.
 Ztalker
01-20-2008, 2:48 PM
What?! Not having ENOUGH lightsabers? :D

You remember the guy from the Refugee sector?

Refugee guy: "Hey mister Jedi, we are an supressed group of refugee' with no weapons at al! Can you help us?"
Exile: "Allright, I killed the squidhead, saved the girl, brought the two lovers back, blabla..."
Refugee guy: "Here, have a lightsaber!"
Exile: "..."

They were RANDOM rewards in the frickin game...I could create an army of general Grievous-es equiped with 4 sabers after finishing Nar Shaddaa alone! :xp:
 JinSarigit
01-26-2008, 9:39 PM
Anyone know if the Atris/Lightsaber Mod could occurr on the X-Box version?
 Kytherus
02-29-2008, 12:59 PM
I go straight to Dxun after Telos and usually end up with at least one, somtimes two and then Visas'.

First post, hello everyone. :)
 adamqd
02-29-2008, 5:17 PM
^^^Welcome Kytherus :)

I've had it on PC so long now, I cant remember how you get it lol

I mod the saber in from day one baby
 Shem
02-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Shem created a Mod that makes Atris give you your lightsaber back.I've noticed that people still get confused with the fact that if I review a mod, it means I'm the author. The author of that mod is actually Lit Ridl. FYI: I don't like receiving credit for things that didn't do. It's just bothers me.

But I think I remember Shem saying he is able to do get a lightsaber by the time he leaves Telos.I can with this mod.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ebon_Hawk_Cargo_Mod;56845)

It will give you all the lightsaber parts on the Ebon Hawk after Bao-Dur's chat about not carrying a lightsaber anymore. You can go get the other two and then have Bao-Dur help you construct it and then your lightsaber construction quest is over before you start on any of the planets. :D
 millinniummany3
03-01-2008, 3:00 AM
I remember finding one if you break into Vogga's storeroom. That might have been a fluke though.
Page: 1 of 1