Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

20/30 vision

Page: 1 of 1
 hellhawk
10-10-2007, 9:32 PM
ok the ultimentquestion here is do i need glasses or not? read the stroy if you wish but the main part is at the bottom.

it was a normal day in high school except for it was vision test today. i had never been diagnosied with some kinda thing that makes me panic, but i know i have one because of this. at 7:40 nothing was really wrong except the occasionel grown. but at 8 i started shaking. i shood for 40 minutes and we thought they would call j-m but iw was j-l (my name starts with m is you havent figured that out) you lucky basterd! my friend yelled over to me. now i had some time but i wish i didn't at 845 i started studdering at 850 i started saying random things. then at 855 i was speaking in frech saying randon thhings in english shaking and screaming. finally we were called down and a let out a sreak follwed by french. we got there and i was soooooooo neverous at the vision testing the nurse let me sit down for 5 minutes before i hadda go. i tried to meomorize the letters but i was wayyyy to nervous

after the test was done, i had 20/30. also i couldent move my arms out of the aftershock of the nevousness .anyway, i think they forgot because no one has been called for retests since and its been months. so do you think 20/30 is bad and that i need glasses or is it ok?
 Boba Rhett
10-10-2007, 9:45 PM

Wha... what the hell did I just read? http://olivetinstitute.org/stuff/emot-psyduck.gif)

Life is so much better with everything in focus. If you don't want glasses, how about contacts? The new Oasis contacts are simply fantabulous.
 Jedi Atomic
10-10-2007, 9:49 PM
20/30.....?!!?

Mines horrible.....

isn't 20/20 the best vision?

if im not mistaken mines somewhere in the hundreds.
 Boba Rhett
10-10-2007, 10:04 PM
20/20 is ideal but you can get it better than that. Mine take me down to slightly better than 20/15, which said to be the, "maximum visual acuity".

Check this out: http://www.agingeye.net/visionbasics/healthyvision.php)
 Det. Bart Lasiter
10-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I have one eye that's 20/20 and one that's 20/30. No need for glasses in my opinion.
 Jeff
10-10-2007, 10:23 PM
I can't remember what my eyes are without contacts. I think my right is 20/15 and my left is 20/20 with contacts though.
 Jae Onasi
10-10-2007, 11:53 PM
hellhawk, since I am an eye doc I'll tell you this: go get an eye exam from an optometrist to find out if you need glasses. No one here can tell you that definitively since none of us have actually examined your eyes. :) 20/30's pretty good but not quite perfect, 20/20 is normal. If you do need glasses, honestly, it's not that big of a deal. Plenty of us need glasses or contacts to see our best. It's no reflection on you as a person. Why struggle and squint when wearing some glasses or contacts can make it so much better? Besides, it's always good to have an eye exam every couple of years if you don't need glasses just to make sure the eyes themselves are healthy.

Edit: 20/20 is normal (6/6 if you're into metric). 20/30 means that hellhawk has to stand at 20 feet to see what everyone else can see at 30 feet, i.e. it's not as good. 20/15 is better than average--you can stand at 20 feet and everyone else has to be at 15 feet to see the same thing. I see about 3 or 4 people a year who can actually see 20/10--quite rare.
 Samuel Dravis
10-11-2007, 12:00 AM
My glasses make me look super sexy.

At least, that is the opinion I have formed after the women come to me in droves. Well, it's either the glasses or my winning smile and incredible personality.

Ahem, yes, do what Jae says.
 Rabish Bini
10-11-2007, 5:32 AM
My glasses make me look super sexy.

At least, that is the opinion I have formed after the women come to me in droves. Well, it's either the glasses or my winning smile and incredible personality.

Ahem, yes, do what Jae says.

Talk about confidence...

Anywho, I think that 20/30 is pretty good, though I have 20/20 so I wouldn't know, but if you find it hard to see clearly, perhaps you may need glasses...
 Jedi Atomic
10-11-2007, 7:54 AM
you guys are lucky I have to stand about 6 inches to see something that people would see 100 feet away. :xp:
 hellhawk
10-12-2007, 11:21 PM
ok let me get this cleared up... things arent to blurry it hasent happen in years except for 2 times when i was really far away from the white board and the stuff was really small but other then that, nothing has been really bad. bedsides right now in all my classes im really pretty close to the board.
 Boba Rhett
10-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Alls I knows is that my life got a lot better when everything was crystal clear. If you just don't like the look of glasses, try some contacts. I think you can get a free pair of Oasis' to try out. (after you get a prescription, of course)

Edit: I don't understand, why did you have an anxiety attack over an eye test? :confused: Was it an anxiety attack?
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-13-2007, 2:55 AM
Well, I suggest getting glasses if you just need them for seeing the whiteboard.

I have contacts, mainly because I play sports quite frequently, like hockey, baseball, and football. I'd suggest getting contacts if you play sports frequently then. Otherwise, just get glasses and wear them when you need to see the whiteboard.

It's that simple.
 hellhawk
10-13-2007, 6:54 PM
ok im gonna close this i got all the info i need

If you'd like it re-opened for further discussion, just PM me or one of the other mods/admins and we'll re-open it for you. Now go get that eye exam. :) --Jae the eye doc
Page: 1 of 1