Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Amusing Jade Empire Lines

Page: 1 of 1
 Pavlos
09-22-2007, 4:18 PM
I had nothing better to do so I had a poke around the Jade Empire directory, clicking on random files and pressing flashing buttons for about an hour. Luckily, nothing blew up - which was nice - but I came across some amusing lines in the voice over folders.

I strung them together and uploaded them but if you want to hear 'em in their raw format then they should be in:

C:\Program Files\Jade Empire\sound\vo\j00\j00_making0f_ds <-- Dawn Star
C:\Program Files\Jade Empire\sound\vo\j00\j00_making0f_zu <-- Uhh... Zu, who else?

Both characters talk about their experience of making Jade Empire and it's pretty funny; who knew Dawn Star used to do vaudeville? And Zu's a rather prolific actor :xp:

Dawn Star (http://filexoom.com/uploaded/2007/9/22/87471/Dawn%20Star.mp3)
Zu (http://filexoom.com/uploaded/2007/9/22/87471/Zu.mp3)
 Bee Hoon
09-23-2007, 1:49 AM
Lol, I've heard those. Boy, are they mean to Dawn Star.

Nooo, Sky is great!:P Zu's just a grumpy old man. Jealous too:P

Creamy nougat!
 RedHawke
09-23-2007, 2:36 AM
Yup the dialog that runs during the end credits is down right hilarious!
 stoffe
09-23-2007, 5:28 AM
Yup the dialog that runs during the end credits is down right hilarious!

Unfortunately they seem to have removed that in the Special Edition PC version. At least I've never heard those lines, or anything at all other than music, during the end credits. :confused:

Achievement: Irony. Usually that's the sort of thing you add in a special edition, not remove. :)
 Pavlos
09-23-2007, 5:47 AM
Unfortunately they seem to have removed that in the Special Edition PC version. At least I've never heard those lines, or anything at all other than music, during the end credits. :confused:

Nope the PC version (or at least the European PC version) doesn't seem to get that - which is a shame because the lines are pretty funny :p.
 Bee Hoon
09-23-2007, 9:35 AM
The ingame lines are pretty hilarious too. Henpecked Hou on his wife is just classic:p

Have you heard the space mountain one? I think it can be found on Youtube.
 Wasp77
09-24-2007, 2:26 PM
Any word that comes out of Lustful Lao's mouth is downright hilarious, assuming you have a female character.

Haven't played male yet.
 Char Ell
09-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Qui the Promoter had some great lines. I loved his edumacated vocabulary.

I especially enjoyed his "Mysterious... Stranger" comment when you're picking a name for your PC to use when fighting in the arena. A fitting tribute to KotOR's handle for the PC in Taris' version of the Imperial Arena. :D
 RedHawke
09-26-2007, 1:58 AM
Well... that just... SUCKS!

I haven't installed the PC version so I don't know if it works on my version of the game... that will be lame indeed if it doesn't do it. :(

Achievement: Irony. Usually that's the sort of thing you add in a special edition, not remove. :)
Yeah...
Page: 1 of 1