Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[FIN] Love and Kisses

Page: 1 of 1
 JediMaster12
09-11-2007, 8:39 PM
Another one of my songfics taken from the Heart of the Guardian trilogy. There comes a time when you realize that time goes by too fast. You wake up one morning and you realize that your baby girl is all grown up. Lyrics are from Bob Carlise's Butterfly Kisses.

All comments can be posted here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=181871)
 JediMaster12
09-11-2007, 8:45 PM
Love and Kisses

The sun was shining its full warmth when morning broke gently over the hills. The jasilyn blossoms turned their petals to greet the morning rays. Life began to stir within the cool stonewalls of the villa, the little noises signifying that today was to be different than any other day. For the old man standing on the verandah, gazing at the morning sun, it would mean a great change in his life.

He walked slowly through the house that had been home for over twenty years. A lot of memories were stored in that house. Some were happy, some were sad but all his and those of the people who passed through there. As he passed through the house, he noticed the packages that had piled up. All gay and pretty but for the man standing there, he felt like it was a death sentence. Then she passed through the halls brushing her hair and doing her morning chores. He smiled as he stopped to think and remember.

There’s two things I know for sure
She was sent here from Heaven
And she’s Daddy’s little girl
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes
And I thank God for all the joy in my life
Oh but most of all

She was such a small little thing when he first held her. Nothing more than a little pink bundle snuggled in her mother’s arms. Nestled in his big arms, she yawned and looked at him with those eyes like her mother’s: honey colored with a slight fire. She looked as if she had not a care in the world; that nothing mattered as long as those that cared for her were there.

He looked at her as her mother held her and said, “Carth, I named her after two good people.”

He understood what she meant and kissed her soundly. It meant a lot for that tiny bundle to be named after two women he had loved and loved. He looked at the tiny sleeping face and thanked all in creation, thanked the Force, for bringing her into the world safe and healthy.

For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair
Walk beside the pony Daddy
It’s my first ride
I know the cake looks funny Daddy
But I sure tried

She was a little girl running through the villa. He was chasing after her and carrying her high on his shoulders. Her little eyes glowed like her mother’s while her hair got in the way…just like his. Playing with her brother, she squealed with happiness and give him a hug with all her heart. In his heart, he promised that nothing bad would happen to her.

When she played with her best friends, she was all aglow. He watched them as they played their games, occasionally taking part in whatever mischief they were in. She would run with her brown locks blowing in the wind as she skirted the stallions in the pasture, never minding how she nearly give him a heart attack when she stood near their hooves. Her first ride on one was more relaxing to his mind as he watched her laugh as she grabbed the mane.

Oh with all that I’ve done wrong,
I’ve must’ve done something right
To deserve a hug every morning
And butterfly kisses at night

The hardest was to say good-bye when he had to report to the fleet. She would cry at first but then she would give him something she made. She would then give him a hug and a kiss and say, “I love you Daddy.”

Every time he would think he was the luckiest man in the galaxy. That he should be blessed to have a beautiful little girl. And every day she would give him a hug and a kiss.

Sweet sixteen today
She’s looking like her mama
A little more every day
One part woman, the other part girl
To perfume and make up from ribbons and curls
Trying her wings out in a great big world
But I remember

She was growing up, looking like her mother. Her figure filled out but those eyes never changed. She was growing up into a beautiful young lady. He remembered chuckling how he thought he would have to chase prospective suitors away. He didn’t have to worry for she was too much like her brothers, riding stallions and chasing katarans on the plains. She was so full of spirit and life.

It hit hard when she ran away from home. He thought he lost her when she took his place helping out a neighboring planet in the army. He remembered being a nervous wreck, wanting to go after her and protect her. It was her mother who said that she had to do what she thought was right. She tested her wings and she came back. Into the warmth of his arms as he held on, not wanting to let her go.

Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer
You know how much I love you Daddy
But if you don’t mind
I’m only gonna kiss you on the cheek this time

When she came back, she was not alone. Following behind her was one he hadn’t seen in ten years. In her eyes he saw that she was in love. He knew that it would happen someday but he didn’t think so soon. Still he put up with the pecks on the cheeks knowing that she still loved him and she was his little girl.

He watched her walk by the river, so grown up. He knew now it was only a matter of time. But she was still his little girl.

Oh with all that I’ve done wrong
I must’ve done something right
To deserve her love every morning
And Butterfly kisses at night

He didn’t deserve it at all. She was a beautiful thing and she laughed when he made a big show of giving her the nickname he once called her mother. No he didn’t but something out there, maybe the Force thought he did. He had his little girl as proof.

All the precious time
Like the wind, the years go by
Precious butterfly
Spread your wings and fly

Snapping out of his reverie, he walked through the halls trying to get everything in order. His uniform was rather haphazardly put on for at the moment he could hardly believe that it had come at last. Running through his mind was the thought that time had gone by so fast. He thought that he would have all the time in the galaxy to know her and watch her grow up but it was just too short.

He remembered the lost time he had with his son and compared it with that of his daughter. He may have done better but he still felt that there hadn’t been enough time. Sighing, he fixed his uniform and went to the room that he dreaded entering.

She’ll change her name today
She’ll make a promise and I’ll give her away
Standing in the bride room just staring at her
She asked me what I’m thinking
And I said I’m not sure
I just feel like I’m losing my baby girl
And she leaned over

She looked beautiful like her mother did on her special day. She sat there looking at her reflection in the mirror as her mother brushed her hair till it shone like silk. She was smiling as her mother talked to her and he felt a pain in his heart.

She must have known for she turned her head and said, “Daddy!”

He walked in and gave her a hug. Today he would be giving her away and she would leave home. He was losing his baby girl but he knew deep down that she would always be in his heart.

She must have known for she whispered, “I’ll always love you Daddy.”

He merely smiled and hugged her again. He shared a glance with her mother and whispered, “And I, you, Beautiful.”

And gave me butterfly kisses with her mama there
Walk me down the isle Daddy
It’s just about time
Does my wedding gown look pretty Daddy?
Daddy don’t cry

He led her down isle feeling like the luckiest man in the galaxy. She walked beside him, so beautiful. The flowers in her hair reminded him of her mother when she was young. Today though he would give her away and tears threatened, stinging his eyes. As he gave her hand to the one waiting, he gave her one last smile.

He sat with her mother and watched as she made her promise. He felt the tears still but promised not to cry. He sat there holding her mother’s hand in his and he smiled at her.

Oh with all that I've done wrong
I must have done something right
To deserve her love every morning and butterfly kisses
I couldn't ask God for more than this is what love is
I know I've got to let her go but I'll always remember
Every hug in the morning and butterfly kisses

He knew that he had to let her go. She was no longer the baby girl he once held in his arms. Instead she was a beautiful young woman. Instead of the little curls, there were soft waves. She had a figure but the eyes never changed. So like her mother yet her own person.

He knew he wasn’t perfect. He had made mistakes but he had been given a second chance. He did something right to deserve the smiling girl standing there in her white gown. He thanked the Force for giving him such a beautiful daughter as he sat there holding her mother’s hand and smiled.

The End
Page: 1 of 1