Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

Page: 1 of 1
 backtoTHErep.
09-05-2007, 5:05 AM
During the fight with the Red Eclipse slavers aboard the Ebon Hawk on Nar Shaddaa, met with their leader (name starting with a C), and saw Ratrin's corpse on the ground. Also during the fight, there was a lab station in the medical room. Defeated the leader, and the game cut to a scene with Atton, who was made a Jedi, who communicated with Kreia that basically he would not be threatened by Kreia. After their scene, the security room (were Ratrin and the leader were) was cleared of remains, so there could have been items which could have been taken which were not because of the cut scene. Also, the lab station disappeared.

Then in Atton's fight with the Twi'leks in the cantina, Atton wins, but--again before he can get items from the remains--the scene cuts to him and the other characters on the landing pad who decide to rescue and go off Nar Shaddaa when the Zhugs come. Instead of a request to select two members to accompany Atton, the scene cuts to Mira's safe house. So Atton could be by himself.

Is there supposed to be a lab station on the Ebon Hawk? Makes sense, but there wasn't one even before started to edit the dialog files and game. Is there a patch to put a lab station in?

And what about the remains and the items they could have had on them?

Furthermore, when characters' influence is increased, initially they get more light sided (currently at the top of light side, so the other characters would be bumped up), but that situation changes, going down and then going up again, and then down.... The Handmaiden, Atton, and T3-M4 all had the top light side level, but both Atton and T3 change, going down and up and down. Bao-Dur also changes from high light side to closer to the middle.

For dialog edits, primarily change the text and remove the voices (deleting the file and deselecting the ticker box below (in DLGEditor), and sometimes remove animations. Used to occasionally delete nodes, but suspect that this could have caused some flaws on Onderon and Dantooine, so for Nar Shaddaa have not deleted nodes.

Any ideas on what is going on?
 swfan28
09-05-2007, 6:36 AM
Originally Posted by backtoTHErep.
During the fight with the Red Eclipse slavers aboard the Ebon Hawk on Nar Shaddaa, met with their leader (name starting with a C), and saw Ratrin's corpse on the ground. Also during the fight, there was a lab station in the medical room. Defeated the leader, and the game cut to a scene with Atton, who was made a Jedi, who communicated with Kreia that basically he would not be threatened by Kreia. After their scene, the security room (were Ratrin and the leader were) was cleared of remains, so there could have been items which could have been taken which were not because of the cut scene. Also, the lab station disappeared. This is another symptom of a rushed game. Good thing is that the slavers would not drop any loot. They and Ratrin simply fade away after you kill the leader. I believe Team Gizka is going to remake the scene.
Then in Atton's fight with the Twi'leks in the cantina, Atton wins, but--again before he can get items from the remains--the scene cuts to him and the other characters on the landing pad who decide to rescue and go off Nar Shaddaa when the Zhugs come. Instead of a request to select two members to accompany Atton, the scene cuts to Mira's safe house. So Atton could be by himself. Another scene that was cut from the game. This one too will be restored by Team Gizka. Atton will have to leave the cantina in a hurry after the fight with Twin Suns but you can come back later when things have calmed down to collect their loot.
Is there supposed to be a lab station on the Ebon Hawk? Makes sense, but there wasn't one even before started to edit the dialog files and game. Is there a patch to put a lab station in? Not in unmodded game. I believe Envida has released a mod that adds the lab station but it has some glitches. Probably the same ones were the reason why the lab station was cut in the first place. I don't know if Envida's mods are still available for download after the "death" of PCGameMods though... Hopefully this too will be restored. If you are interested in them and cannot find them elsewhere, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.
Furthermore, when characters' influence is increased, initially they get more light sided (currently at the top of light side, so the other characters would be bumped up), but that situation changes, going down and then going up again, and then down.... The Handmaiden, Atton, and T3-M4 all had the top light side level, but both Atton and T3 change, going down and up and down. Bao-Dur also changes from high light side to closer to the middle. The influence system seems to have some glitches. I have observed this with Mandalore. He normally can use Dark Side only items but sometimes his morality will just change from slightly Dark to neutral even though I have not gained or lost influence with him.
For dialog edits, primarily change the text and remove the voices (deleting the file and deselecting the ticker box below (in DLGEditor), and sometimes remove animations. Used to occasionally delete nodes, but suspect that this could have caused some flaws on Onderon and Dantooine, so for Nar Shaddaa have not deleted nodes.What do you mean? You must be careful when editing dialogues because the dialogues are used to run scripts and modify global and local variables. It really can cause serious bugs unless you are careful. You really should not delete any files. This is not required to remove voiceovers.
 stoffe
09-05-2007, 6:39 AM
Also during the fight, there was a lab station in the medical room. Defeated the leader, and the game cut to a scene with Atton, who was made a Jedi, who communicated with Kreia that basically he would not be threatened by Kreia. After their scene, the security room (were Ratrin and the leader were) was cleared of remains

The Red Eclipse invaded Ebon Hawk is an entirely separate area (using the same area model) from the normal ship area. When you kill the leader you are taken out of this area, which you cannot access again, and ship access is directed back to the normal Ebon Hawk area. This separate module (004EBO) has a lab station. The normal Ebon Hawk does not. It's probably just something the developers overlooked. I guess they decided to replace the lab station with The Disciple, to make his special perk more meaningful.

Anyway, you need to pick up anything you want to keep before you beat the Red Eclipse captain, since you won't return to that area again.

Instead of a request to select two members to accompany Atton, the scene cuts to Mira's safe house. So Atton could be by himself.

I don't think you get to pick party members until you're about to head off to G0T0's ship, so that would be normal.

Furthermore, when characters' influence is increased, initially they get more light sided (currently at the top of light side, so the other characters would be bumped up), but that situation changes, going down and then going up again, and then down....

Does your main character have a very high charisma score? The party member alignments become (more) unstable if you do.

Used to occasionally delete nodes, but suspect that this could have caused some flaws on Onderon and Dantooine, so for Nar Shaddaa have not deleted nodes.

You should never delete anything unless you know exactly what you are doing. Nodes in dialog files can be linked to and referenced from various other nodes in the DLG file, and sometimes conditional scripts that govern if a node should be available need to come in a particular sequence. It's usually safer to just link past nodes you don't want, or place them under a node that never becomes available. You'll notice that a fair number of the DLG files in the game have a "scrap" section at the bottom where the devs have put nodes they don't want to use any more.
 ajlbibak
09-05-2007, 2:24 PM
 Shadow51689
09-05-2007, 4:30 PM
As for the Twi-Lek/Atton fight, don't worry about it. You can come back to the Cantina at any time after completing the Yacht, and their remains will still be there. I don't think you're supposed to get their remains, as on the Yacht, they drop Spinning Blades yet again, so you'll end up with 2x Twi-Lek Blades of two varieties.

The most annoying type of glitch I've come across so far affects my partymember's experience. In my last game, I had three characters who were 5 levels behind everyone else. I had to KSE edit to bring their experience up to the party's level. I try to avoid using KSE unless I must...
Page: 1 of 1