Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Best team on which planet

Page: 1 of 1
 Seamhainn
08-17-2007, 3:43 AM
I finished KotOR a couple of days ago again and picked different teams I usually do and discovered that Mission has some funny lines about Zaalbar on Kashyyyk (though it might not be dependend on which planet one actually is).

Sorry, if this was asked before, but what is the best team on which planet to get dialogues which are not importent for the story/game but are interesting nonetheless?

Also I discovered that one can flirt with Cristya after beating Niklos on Taris playing Pazaak. Are there more such incidents worth mentioning?

Thanks and take care
 RellioN
08-17-2007, 10:57 AM
what is interesting to you might not be interesting to me. but anyway, i almost always have HK-47 with me, he has a lot of funny stuff to say. as for the others i don't really like them much, but Jolee talks a lot and sometimes says interesting and funny stuff. Also your avatar, is that supposed to be Bastilla? where did you get that?
 stoffe
08-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Sorry, if this was asked before, but what is the best team on which planet to get dialogues which are not importent for the story/game but are interesting nonetheless?

If I remember correctly I used to bring Jolee and Canderous on Korriban, they had some fun exchanges with the Sith students there.

Bastila and Carth on Dantooine also had some instances of bantering back and forth during various quests there.

Also your avatar, is that supposed to be Bastilla? where did you get that?

Bioware concept art of Bastila. If you look at some of the older teaser screenshots from before KOTOR was released you'll notice that Bastila had a different appearance/head earlier that resembles that picture somewhat (hard to see for sure since there aren't any closeups from what I've found), instead of the large-headed porcelain doll look she has in the released game.

(There is also a variant of that appearance on the cover of the game box.)
 Eefluxx
08-17-2007, 1:11 PM
That picture is also on the cover of disc three for the game :)

As for the team question I don't really know for sure because it has been awhile since I played the first one but I did discover that Mission had some really funny lines if you chose her to break you out of the force cages on the Leviathon :)
 Miltiades
08-17-2007, 1:28 PM
On Korriban, there's a lot of fun party member interaction. Like stoffe said, Jolee and Canderous, but also Jolee-Carth and HK-47 and T3-M4 were funny on Korriban.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-17-2007, 2:35 PM
Bastila and Carth on Dantooine also had some instances of bantering back and forth during various quests there.
Definitely.

The exchange between him and Bastila when talking to the woman who lost her droid is priceless :lol:
Another one, when Carth interjects with Alan Matale's rant & Bastila comments on it...

On Korriban, take Zaalbar with you initially so you can tell your "joke" with him in the party.. Big Z finally gets a 'moment' that almost makes him bearable.. ;)
 Nancy Allen``
08-17-2007, 7:46 PM
Get the Bastila on Korriban mod for some great scenes, especially with Carth.

Sith: I trust your servents won't be disruptive.
Carth: Not as much as our master will be.
Sith: What was that?
Bastila: Ah, ignore him. He is mentally deficient. And he drools.
Carth: Hey!

And this scene on the ancient tombs that Carth and Jolee play along with.

Bastila: That's...
Revan: Quiet!

For the banter scenes you saw with Mission and Zaalbar there's another one, the rest you can get with Carth and Bastila (there's two), Carth and Mission (two), Bastila and Mission, Jolee and Bastila, Jolee and Carth, Canderous and Bastila and Canderous and Carth.
 Totenkopf
08-17-2007, 7:59 PM
@ChAiNz--thanks for the Zalbar suggestion, hadn't tried that one before.

As to the others: T3 and HK-47 at the sith academy entrance, Carth and Bastila when you approach Jon on Dantooine (you may have to cheat for this one, as well as an exchange between Nemo and Bastila). Carth and Canderous when you return the droid to Elise (inside the academy), HK and Canderous if you "bully" the jawa after rescuing his crew and no doubt many others too numerous to recall at the moment.

@Stoffe--was a bit disappointed that Bastila looked more porcelain than "edgy" like on the cover of the box.
 Allronix
08-17-2007, 9:10 PM
As I've said elsewhere, I tend to pick my team based on the stories you run into.

Carth (and Mission) until you rescue Zaalbar.
Zaalbar and Mission to clean out the sewers, because that's their turf.
Mission and Carth for the Vulkar base raid (part to do their banters, and part because speed and blasters do better here).
Mission and Bastila (I have the "Kill Bastila" mod) until you get to the droid shop
T3 and Bastila for the base raid so I could pretend that the governer wasn't talking about me.

Carth and Canderous for that first run on Dantooine (as they're most motivated to get rid of those embarrassments to Mando'a armor)
Carth and Bastila for the first map and the family feud quest

Yavin 1 - Canderous and T3, as this was Davik's supply run.

Bastila and Mission for the first trip on Tatooine, so you can address their family issues
Mission and HK for the Dune Sea and Sand people Enclave.
Bastila for the 2nd map, the second party member is open.

For Kashyyyk, Mission is ALWAYS in the party until the very end. I can't see that gal sitting still on the Hawk if she believes her big buddy's in trouble.

Mission and Zaalbar for Kashyyyk's arrival. If the big fella has to face some bad times, take his best friend.
Mission and Juhani for the Upper Shadowlands
Mission and Jolee for the Lower Shadowlands
Zaalbar and Jolee after I kick Chuundar out. Taking down Czerka is a "Return of the King" moment for Zaalbar, and Jolee can finish up a fine tenure as Kashyyyk's Jedi-in-residence.

Manaan, I swap characters frequently here, getting everyone's story. Usually, I'll take Bastila on the Hrakert Rift run, so she can get a last hurrah before the Leviathan hits.

Leviathan rescue - mostly Mission or T3 for the challenge. Occasionally Juhani if I wans the fast and dirty route.

Korriban - I take Carth. Other slot's optional, usually HK. Sometimes, I'll swap out HK for Juhani to get the Dak Vessar talk. I also made a mod which requires taking Jolee along for a bit.

Lehon - Zaalbar canm slice and dice the rancors and such, Canderous comes with to take care of those Mandalorians, but I'll usually take Juhani and Zaalbar when approaching the Elders.

Star Forge - Since I play LSF, I'll usually take Carth and HK. This is Revan's homecoming. HK represents her past, and Carth represents her future. There's also something very fitting about your first companion being the one who sticks by your side until the end of the line.
 mimartin
08-21-2007, 4:58 PM
Bastila and Mission for the first trip on Tatooine, so you can address their family issues
Mission and HK for the Dune Sea and Sand people Enclave.
Bastila for the 2nd map, the second party member is open.

The second party member for the star map on tatooine has to be Mission. The line about sand being everywhere is priceless.

After getting the banter between Mission and Zaalbar about his grooming habits he pretty much stays on the Hawk except as ChAiNz.2da suggested when I first arrive on Korriban for that one moment.
 Ben Bryddia
09-03-2007, 2:41 AM
Mission and Bastila on the Dune Sea is amussing as is Canderous and Bastila in Davik's Estate. Carth and Canderous trigger conversations, I think. We are talking about the spontanious party member conversations aren't we? In any case, Mission and Zaalbar have some amussing conversations if you keep them with you on Taris. As for their responses to your choices, I usually don't pay all that much attention.
Page: 1 of 1