Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

These should be part of Battlefront 3

Page: 2 of 2
 Darth Kaldon
10-25-2007, 3:20 AM
Also the charicters were cool but charicters like jango didnt do their part well. Jango has 2 guns and the shots fired from them are not purple! Also the games must be more realistic suce as the fact their were no wars on polis masa and mustifar. (spellin) and their has to be more maps and make them HUGE!!!!!!!!
 joesdomain
11-12-2007, 6:28 PM
I would want to play has a random generic Jedi in a new game. The whole reason that made II better than I was the ability to play has major Jedi/Sith/Bounty Hunters from the movies. I want to see that continued by adding more like Shack Ti, Ventress, IG-88, Bossk, Ben Kenobi, Qui-gon, Aurra Sing, Dengar, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, etc.
 jawathehutt
11-12-2007, 7:08 PM
Theres only 2 good ways I've seen jedi implemented well, all hero, and genaric not god like jedi. In Geonosis Incursion, the republic had a jedi whos health had a slow regen, could sprint and jump, but it had less health and did about as much damage as a blaster rifle, making him killable with as much ease as a droideka, instead of requiring multiple headshots or a mine.
 diabloizzle
11-12-2007, 10:04 PM
So...um...well all these ideas are great and all...but um..as i scan through i see A LOT of features that you guys want added. If they put so much more in...they are going to have to sell you memory and a graphics card too!!!! Baby steps...baby steps...

(p.s. i thikn multiple capitol ships would be AMAZING, (begining of 3rd movie) also, customizing guns and skins...people already do that...mod tools.)
 jawathehutt
11-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I like how you claim that our ideas will require new tech, then go on to suggest a battle that would require at least a decent computer to run and not have the ai be like they are in BF2
 anirox2
12-06-2007, 1:47 AM
there should be a special ability for ech weapon
 natrat29
12-08-2007, 10:54 PM
the bf1 loading screen is mad!!!
Jedi shouldnt be in it. battlefront is all about the troopers. If you love jedi there are loads of other starwars games that are just based on jedi e.g jedi outkast.
customization is good but why waste the space when the creators could make stuff like the ground to space battles. more maps. more people on maps. unlocks. riding creatues. more commands. more different heroes(even though i still dislike being a hero).
Oh by the way deathclone. if you keep losing when your playing as the clones on kashyyyk then obviously you need more skill with a trooper!!!
 darkjedimonkey
12-17-2007, 9:09 AM
the bf1 loading screen is mad!!!
Jedi shouldnt be in it. battlefront is all about the troopers. If you love jedi there are loads of other starwars games that are just based on jedi e.g jedi outkast.
customization is good but why waste the space when the creators could make stuff like the ground to space battles. more maps. more people on maps. unlocks. riding creatues. more commands. more different heroes(even though i still dislike being a hero).
Oh by the way deathclone. if you keep losing when your playing as the clones on kashyyyk then obviously you need more skill with a trooper!!!

totally agree with you 100%
i mean.... thats really the whole point customization is bad right?
because it will take up room.
yes the swbf1 loading screen should totally come back cuz bf 2 loadscreen sucked.
death clone.... no one really appreciates you....... sorry.....
 hatae55
01-04-2008, 6:01 PM
I think that bodies should stay throughout the battlle, but you can blow them up with a grenade, rocket, etc...

You should also be able to pick up other weapons, I mean if your a soldier, and a heavy trooper gets blown up by a spider tank, are you gonna go at it with grenades?
No you pick up the guys rocket launcher. :launcher:
Bodies piling up means laaag and taxing on computers. 200+ bodies means 200+ individual renders and objects.

also, on bodies, in BF1 i was sniping and the AI kept bumping into me. make it so you cannot push some one (at least on you own team, pushing an enemy off a cliff sounds fun). Also get rid of the dead body collision models, I got slowed down by them, and a second in battle is an hour elsewhere
 jawathehutt
01-04-2008, 8:11 PM
Bodies piling up means laaag and taxing on computers. 200+ bodies means 200+ individual renders and objects.

also, on bodies, in BF1 i was sniping and the AI kept bumping into me. make it so you cannot push some one (at least on you own team, pushing an enemy off a cliff sounds fun). Also get rid of the dead body collision models, I got slowed down by them, and a second in battle is an hour elsewhere
Ummm... why get rid of the bodies, they add realism to an otherwise completely unrealistic(in ways that star wars should even be realistic in) game. Last time I checked, clones and such cant ghost through other people so they might as well leave it. If your computer cant handle that, get out of the 80s.
 NL_Sudentor
01-30-2008, 10:45 AM

Well what jawa says, by a better comp then but maybe they can do just that when you died the body stays there until you die again, and than that other body disapeares.

On the xbox 360 and ps3 this shoudn't be a problem so let the bodies be visible when dead, and it would be very cool when you can see the burnholes of the blasters that hitted him on his armor. (high detailed off course)
 Stormtrooper117
04-05-2008, 11:39 PM
I think they should add objectives in conquest. Both sides could still capture any cp thay want, but some would have special effects like controlling moving bridges or shielded hallways. If you control the cp, then you can walk safely through the laser screens. If you're an enemy, you'll be toast. Also, special objectives.
For example: on Utapau the reps start from a cruiser in the center of the sinkhole. They could destroy the AA turrets and hunt down General Grievous. If the AA turrets are destroyed, then the turrets stop shooting rep aircraft and the enemy takes a reinforcement penalty of 15% of their original reinforcements. Killing Greivous would be another 15% plus the enemy would lose their radar or something.
On the other hand, the droids can destroy the rep cruiser for a big reinforcement penalty.
Also, there would be Base Cp's that take 2-3 times longer to capture and count as 2-3 cp's.
Some cp's may trigger events such as falling skyscrapers in coruscant or avalanches or the death star attacking an enemy ship.
That would give players a reason to work and stay together.
Also, they need TeamDeathMatch and Deathmatch. These modes should feature smaller, better designed, multi-layer maps suited for small groups.
 Bs|Rogue52
04-06-2008, 12:31 PM
I think TDM is a good idea if its set up right so that it doesnt turn into a bottleneck spamfest.

For mission based maps, i think they belong in singleplayer, few people are going to accomplish the obejectives, just as few people actually capture flags in CTF.

I wouldnt mind if they stole a bit from CoD4 and for awards you can call it a airstrike from orbiting space ships on large maps such as Geonosis, Dagobah, and Hoth.
 Maveritchell
04-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Ummm... why get rid of the bodies, they add realism to an otherwise completely unrealistic(in ways that star wars should even be realistic in) game. Last time I checked, clones and such cant ghost through other people so they might as well leave it. If your computer cant handle that, get out of the 80s.

I really don't think you have any idea exactly how taxing all that is on a computer. No game with this kind of scale leaves bodies around forever. Remember that SWBF2 isn't built with different sections of the map loaded at different times, but rather with the whole map loaded at once.
 tyrone333
04-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Destructible enviroments You could lay a few dets on a bridge and blow it up and it's gone or custom ships you can own for your side. and if your in a tank and it blows blow up the people around it.
 NL_Sudentor
04-07-2008, 4:11 PM
They also need to create a better AI, cuz for those who played battlefront 2, on utapau there is a tank that is stuck by a pilar and there are clones at those walking things who run against the wall!!!
It really sucks when your buddies don't join the fight because of mistakes.

And in space battles when u aren't flying a carier but your gunning or something the pilot wil eventually smash itself to the side of a capital ship and also the on-board canons arent used by them, it totaly sucks man, i hope they will make it better at bf3.
 tyrone333
04-07-2008, 7:39 PM
Thats if there is one the BF3 was renagade for psp and i doubt but if they do make a BF3 for pc i'm getting it
 Annihilati
04-18-2008, 11:01 PM
you should be able to make turrets outside bases and u should have to pay money for each one and u get money for getting kills :saberg: :launcher: :blast10: :mauls: :blueblas1 :dsaber: :lightning :lsduel: :3pdance: :blaze6: :snipe1: :flamethro :blaze6: :vadar: :cyb1:
 GeneralPloKoon
04-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Sounds like Counter-Strike....that would be cool for another Star Wars game but you don't buy stuff on a "battlefront" during a battle, kinda crazy, nice idea though!
 littleman794
04-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Is there any official proof that SWBF3 is coming out yet?
 GeneralPloKoon
04-19-2008, 4:55 PM
No. :(
 littleman794
04-19-2008, 6:57 PM
Well, that is too bad....but lucas forums has included a whole section on it, so.....

hmmm...it's kind of weird talking about something that doesn't officially exsist....lol

:D:D:D:D:D;)
 NL_Sudentor
04-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Well, that is too bad....but lucas forums has included a whole section on it, so.....

hmmm...it's kind of weird talking about something that doesn't officially exsist....lol

:D:D:D:D:D;)

It will definately come, no doubt about it !!!!!
 littleman794
04-22-2008, 12:14 PM
lets hope so!!!!!!!!!!

i think it should come out for Xbox original...
 >General Havok<
04-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Im sure it will be on ps2 and xbox original. If not then just screw it.
 jawathehutt
04-23-2008, 3:49 PM
Why make new systems if your not gonna use them, sorry to burst your bubble but it makes very little marketing sense to do that
 littleman794
04-23-2008, 5:14 PM
Or does it? the fact is that people would not want to buy the whole new systems, so they won't be able to buy the games.....if they did release it for the older systems aswell, then at least they would make money off the games.....
 Bs|Rogue52
04-24-2008, 6:02 PM
I dont really think you have much of an argument, if you dont want to buy a new console get the PC version, myself im tired of my PS2 and after playing at friends got a 360 because it was far superior i dont see why you are so stubborn, either way your going to have to get a new system to play new games, and for the price of a few new games you could buy a used console.
SWBF3 will not be on PS2 or Xbox orginal, stop debating and get a Xbox 360 used.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=43323)

and if you sell your old console and games i imagine you can afford this.
 NL_Sudentor
04-25-2008, 12:22 PM
On this website they say that it will be on nextgen platforms!!!! And actually i should underline the last letter because it means not only the Xbox 360
http://www.frd.co.uk/games.php)
 Micahc
04-28-2008, 7:19 PM
What SWBF III needs is...

- Customizable Weapons Loadouts - With a little work, this would not be over powered, so don't act like it would be. COD 4 uses it, and IIRC, so does BF 2142, and works very well in both.

- Customizable Units - Doesn't need o be in, but it would be nice. Stuff like being able to be a scout trooper with an E-11, or a Rebel in gear from the Tantive IV while on Endo wouldbe fun. Sure it would ruin the canon, but that shouldn't matter in a muliplayer environment, only single player.

- Take Jedi OUT - Serious. It's been debated to death, so I'm not gonna suffer to reiterate the arguments

- More Nuances - Remember in SWBF I, when you where a Rebel Vanguard, and everytime you fired your rocket launcher once, it would fire two. Or that your sniper had a larger clip, but no 20x zoom? Little nuances like this make the game deep and fun, so why leave them out?

- SBD's Should Be Commanders - Magna Guards for commanders was stupid. They didn't have anything which makes them badass, and it made no sense for them to be fighting on the front lines. If anything, they should have been some form of "mini" heroes. SBD's could fill the role nicely, taking bits and pieces from them from other games. Make their wrist rockets good at anti-infantry, bad at vehicles, slow their gate, and maybe give them their shield from RC. That may make it sound like a Destroyer, but you'd have to be smart in how you position yourself with it, and make it so you can't move or shoot while using it.

- Standard Trade Federation Droids Should Be Basic Infantry - Wow, I suck at making bulletin titles. Anyways, make them the basic infantry, with your standard rifle, 'nades, and pistol.

- Or Make Them Interchangable Skins! - If you hate both those ideas, make them skins where you can change their loadouts.

- Darker Artistic Direction It might have just been me, but everything just felt so clean in the first two installments. Even Mygeeto, which is supposed to be a war torn planet, didn't feel gritty enough. Make the game slightly darker in feel, and make places like Theed look lived in, with stuff like trash on the ground, and trees uprooted from previous battles, and make places seem less pristine.

- DMM And Havok - Am I the only one to notice that when shot, you'd either fall on your face, or fall on your back in the same pre-rendered animations? It pissed me off, and one of my favorite things about nearly every other shooter nowadays, is pumping my opponent full of lead, watch him slump on some railing, slip through the cracks, and bounce off some rocks as he falls down. And they should add DMM becuase they can.

- Wii Version - Make the Wii's online worthwhile please...
 littleman794
04-29-2008, 4:12 PM
I think that they should make it like SWBF I, when you could not only crouch, but you could crawl on your stomach too....that was a lot of fun to do..
 NL_Sudentor
05-01-2008, 2:53 PM
What SWBF III needs is...

- Customizable Weapons Loadouts - With a little work, this would not be over powered, so don't act like it would be. COD 4 uses it, and IIRC, so does BF 2142, and works very well in both.

- Customizable Units - Doesn't need o be in, but it would be nice. Stuff like being able to be a scout trooper with an E-11, or a Rebel in gear from the Tantive IV while on Endo wouldbe fun. Sure it would ruin the canon, but that shouldn't matter in a muliplayer environment, only single player.

- Take Jedi OUT - Serious. It's been debated to death, so I'm not gonna suffer to reiterate the arguments

- More Nuances - Remember in SWBF I, when you where a Rebel Vanguard, and everytime you fired your rocket launcher once, it would fire two. Or that your sniper had a larger clip, but no 20x zoom? Little nuances like this make the game deep and fun, so why leave them out?

- SBD's Should Be Commanders - Magna Guards for commanders was stupid. They didn't have anything which makes them badass, and it made no sense for them to be fighting on the front lines. If anything, they should have been some form of "mini" heroes. SBD's could fill the role nicely, taking bits and pieces from them from other games. Make their wrist rockets good at anti-infantry, bad at vehicles, slow their gate, and maybe give them their shield from RC. That may make it sound like a Destroyer, but you'd have to be smart in how you position yourself with it, and make it so you can't move or shoot while using it.

- Standard Trade Federation Droids Should Be Basic Infantry - Wow, I suck at making bulletin titles. Anyways, make them the basic infantry, with your standard rifle, 'nades, and pistol.

- Or Make Them Interchangable Skins! - If you hate both those ideas, make them skins where you can change their loadouts.

- Darker Artistic Direction It might have just been me, but everything just felt so clean in the first two installments. Even Mygeeto, which is supposed to be a war torn planet, didn't feel gritty enough. Make the game slightly darker in feel, and make places like Theed look lived in, with stuff like trash on the ground, and trees uprooted from previous battles, and make places seem less pristine.

- DMM And Havok - Am I the only one to notice that when shot, you'd either fall on your face, or fall on your back in the same pre-rendered animations? It pissed me off, and one of my favorite things about nearly every other shooter nowadays, is pumping my opponent full of lead, watch him slump on some railing, slip through the cracks, and bounce off some rocks as he falls down. And they should add DMM becuase they can.

- Wii Version - Make the Wii's online worthwhile please...

Plz don't make the weapons customizable cuz indeed it is cod4 and bf2142, no films of them exist and films do exist of star wars. And in star wars all the weapons are the same, just keep it that way.

64 bots on a map is a must!!!!!

Camoflage on armor like yellow and brown on felucia and blue with white armor on the jedi temple.

And a better commander and on the pc just use the same hotkeys for a commander as in Battlefield 2, it works great!!!!

Jedi's not online but they do need to be availeble

That's it
 Bs|Rogue52
05-01-2008, 9:42 PM
My views differ so much from most of the suggestions on these forums.
Really all i want is a solid reliable game, i don't want giant battles or thousands of AI even if the AI act marginally intelligent.
Jedis should not be a problem, just choose a server with them off, sadly most have them on, but still there remain a few.
All LA needs to do is hit off the traditional star wars nostalgia, offer a decent game that runs smoothly. The game in its self is great, and is unique in its game play.
CoD hasn't changed greatly over the four generations, just because its been awhile since the release of SWBF2, does not mean that this game needs to be wildly different. Maybe offer a fee new options/variety of maps, and maybe a more modern battle such as destructible environments.
 Micahc
05-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Plz don't make the weapons customizable cuz indeed it is cod4 and bf2142, no films of them exist and films do exist of star wars.
I never knew Starwars had films...
And multiplayer games don't usually follow film/SP canon.

And in star wars all the weapons are the same, just keep it that way.

Why, and make the game more simple minded?

64 bots on a map is a must!!!!!

What size maps are you talking about? They better be freaking massive...
 Bokken
05-02-2008, 12:05 AM
All LA needs to do is hit off the traditional star wars nostalgia, offer a decent game that runs smoothly. The game in its self is great, and is unique in its game play.
CoD hasn't changed greatly over the four generations, just because its been awhile since the release of SWBF2, does not mean that this game needs to be wildly different. Maybe offer a fee new options/variety of maps, and maybe a more modern battle such as destructible environments.

Agreed. You need a poignant game, not one where the point of the game is clouded by new features. Customizables? We don't need them. The movies are made, the looks are set. A customizable Jedi, perhaps. I agree with melee attacks, since a soldier that rounds a corner and smacks into an enemy isn't going to fire, he's going to hit. And the Jedi should be MORE easily killed. An unarmored Jedi wouldn't eat a face full of buckshot and then kill the engineer. Or perhaps a couple of snipe shots...mines should definitely be jumpable and have a decreased detonation range. I'm sorry, but walking a meter away from it shouldn't set it off. Make it less heavy-engineer friendly. :maul5:
I'm skeptical of the speculation that LA is going to even make a third. Perhaps it would be a combo of 1&2 with all the new features and a campaign with both sides.
Page: 2 of 2