Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Halo 3 for the wii or ps3

Page: 1 of 1
 comz4luigi
07-10-2007, 12:11 PM
would halo 3 be good on ps3 or wii
 Sabretooth
07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Microsoft would rather declare themselves bloodthirsty Satanists that are funding the world's terrorist operations than declare Halo 3 for the Wii or the PS3.
 Lynk Former
07-10-2007, 1:16 PM
Rumour has it that there was a Halo DS in the works but was cancelled... Matt Casamassina of IGN swears by it and says that after E3 he'll give proof that it once existed.
 Reclaimer
07-14-2007, 6:04 AM
Rumour has it that there was a Halo DS in the works but was cancelled... Matt Casamassina of IGN swears by it and says that after E3 he'll give proof that it once existed.

I've heard about Halo DS too. I wanna see if he can prove it, because E3 is over.

And Halo 3 on other consoles? That'd be horrible, just plain horrible.
 Lynk Former
07-14-2007, 9:47 AM
What about Halo and Halo 2 with the Wiimote at least?...
 Jedi Atomic
07-14-2007, 1:46 PM
And Halo 3 on other consoles? That'd be horrible, just plain horrible.

What?!? Why would you think that. I would love that!
 Commander Obi-Wan
07-14-2007, 1:53 PM

Yes, please. :nod:
 Jeff
07-14-2007, 4:10 PM
I also heard about the Halo DS that Lynk mentioned. But I'm sure Microsoft would never allow Halo to go on the Wii or PS3, though I would love to see it for Wii.
 Lynk Former
07-14-2007, 11:17 PM
If Metroid Prime 3 Corruption's controls turn out to be as good as the folks who went to E3 said it is, then it really will be the superior console FPS controls we've all been looking for.
 Sabretooth
07-15-2007, 1:14 AM

Oh yes, I'd love the bashing the grunts with my Wiimote. :)
 CLONECOMMANDER501
07-15-2007, 8:52 AM
I also heard about the Halo DS that Lynk mentioned. But I'm sure Microsoft would never allow Halo to go on the Wii or PS3, though I would love to see it for Wii.

Microsoft has been like an Indian giver lately.
 Reclaimer
07-16-2007, 6:45 AM
Wait...Halo is exclusive to Xbox though.

So...yeah...
 Thrik
07-16-2007, 7:25 AM
Not Xbox, to Microsoft. Both Halo games have also been released for Windows, which is neatly under Microsoft's wing.

Kind of ironic considering Bungie was originally a Mac-only developer, as I'm sure many of you know. :D
 Lynk Former
07-16-2007, 7:31 AM
Rare made some GBA games and a DS game (though that was Diddy Kong Racing) even after being bought by Microsoft.
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-22-2007, 9:32 AM
Microsoft would rather declare themselves bloodthirsty Satanists that are funding the world's terrorist operations than declare Halo 3 for the Wii or the PS3.

Splendid, I second that. I can state that's true and amen.
 comz4luigi
07-26-2007, 8:16 PM
microsoft has helped make some games for ds so thats a good possiblity that they were going to have a halo ds
 Boss Nass
09-18-2007, 7:54 PM
*(snip)*Microsoft would rather declare themselves bloodthirsty Satanists that are funding the world's terrorist operations...*(snip)*

Microsoft has already done that...it's called "Windows Vista."
 grievous797
09-20-2007, 9:53 PM
^^Amen

wii=the graphic engine in it would explode trying to play it.

PS3=It would kill halo 3,period. And Microsoft would name Bungie heretics,war would ensue.
 RoxStar
09-25-2007, 7:42 PM
Not Xbox, to Microsoft. Both Halo games have also been released for Windows, which is neatly under Microsoft's wing.

Kind of ironic considering Bungie was originally a Mac-only developer, as I'm sure many of you know. :D

They eventually released a Mac version of the original Halo.
 hellhawk
09-26-2007, 7:00 PM
not gonna hapen. but if it did here would be my opinion.

ps3: i think it wouls be pretty good but hey more ppl have a ps2

wii: WHATS NEXT ARE YOU GONNA DROP A BOMB? WII=PLAIN STUPID!!! OH AND IT WOULD EXPLODE CAUSE THE BEST GRAPHICS THAT PICEA CRAP CAN MANAGE IS LIKE IN THE 16 BIT ERA!
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-26-2007, 7:06 PM
lol I guess you haven't seen Metroid Prime 3: Corruption then? The graphics for Halo 3 aren't exactly amazing, and the Wii can certainly handle to graphics for the other games as well.

Hey, the chances are quite slim, but I don't really think graphics are the issue regarding Halo 3 on the Wii.
 hellhawk
09-26-2007, 10:27 PM
lol I guess you haven't seen Metroid Prime 3: Corruption then? The graphics for Halo 3 aren't exactly amazing, and the Wii can certainly handle to graphics for the other games as well.

Hey, the chances are quite slim, but I don't really think graphics are the issue regarding Halo 3 on the Wii.

call me crazy but i dont think prime graphics are very good. and your right halos only ok graphs but lol im shooting at wii sports mostly here
 Thrik
09-27-2007, 5:05 AM
The Wii is roughly as powerful as an Xbox, perhaps slightly better. To handle Halo 3 the game would most likely need to be scaled back to more like Halo 2's graphics; critically though, if Halo 3 has a lot of physics (vehicles, stuff bouncing around, etc) then that's going to probably be too much for the Wii to handle as it's very CPU-intensive. This is why in many Wii games (and games from the last generation) there're usually not as many random objects to shoot around.
 spawn613
10-30-2007, 6:43 PM
would halo 3 be good on ps3 or wii

BLASPHEMER!!!!
 spawn613
10-30-2007, 6:48 PM
Oh yes, I'd love the bashing the grunts with my Wiimote. :)

well............. that would be kinda fun to knock ppl around with the wiimote. but I STILL SAY NAY TO YOU SIR!
 Kadika
11-19-2007, 2:33 PM
thats not going to happen. i use to go to many halo forums and all of them said that halo is never going to happen. halo is a xbox game and their not going to give it up. just like PS 2's Far Cry and the Wii's Zelda
 Jedi Atomic
11-20-2007, 9:46 PM
But xbox and wii have FarCry....
 Johnpp
11-29-2007, 4:22 AM
And look how much the Wii Farcry sucked. It's clear that Farcry should stay on Xbox or PC.
 Thrik
11-29-2007, 5:20 AM
Far Cry began on the PC and different versions of the game were made for the various consoles. As far as I'm aware they didn't literally port it to the consoles, although I could be wrong. I also believe none of the console versions were handled by Crytek, the original developers (who went on to work on Crysis instead).

As for the Wii Far Cry, that's really down to the developers rather than the console. It was lazily produced and I suspect more to cash in than anything, resulting in a game that looked quite ugly and wasn't that fun. The Wii has power on par with the original Xbox, yet looked worse than the original Xbox's version of Far Cry. This is what lazy development brings.

The Wii in general could be excellent for first-person shooters though, as the controller is the closest thing to the tactile brilliance of a mouse that a console has. It's a shame the Wii doesn't have the hardware to take a serious polygon-pushing first-person shooter.

I hope Nintendo follows the Wii up with a refined version of the controller(s) and industry-leading hardware, meaning we get the superb controls and great graphics. Up until the Wii Nintendo were pretty well known for having very adept hardware in their consoles and indeed their games looked amongst the best of each generation.
 Johnpp
11-29-2007, 5:52 AM
Oh, ok, thanks for clearing that up.

So, if the Wii has power equal to an Xbox, how come the Nintendo Wii doesn't have any FPS game that I've heard of, besides Farcry. (someone told me MoH was on Wii...true?)
 Thrik
11-29-2007, 6:36 AM
It has Call of Duty 3 and Metroid Prime, as well as an updated version of Resident Evil 4 (although that's a third-person shooter).

More will inevitably come; just like the Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3, and most other consoles, the first year is pretty slow for new releases. I'm not sure how it being equal to the Xbox has any relation to whether or not any first-person shooters are out for it -- that's down to whether or not publishers and developers make them. :D
 King Dando
11-30-2007, 9:56 AM
I still need to get a Wii at some point.

Unfortunately I picked the worst possible time of year to try and acquire one :)
Page: 1 of 1