Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with a robe mod I'm making

Page: 1 of 1
 SykoRevan
06-25-2007, 8:34 PM
Recently, I was toying with Revan's texture file, and I changed it from black and maroon to my favorite colors, white and blue. However, something happened, and now in the game, Revan comes out like this:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/SykoShadow/GlowingRobe.jpg)
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/SykoShadow/GlowingRobeBack.jpg)

As you can see, the robes are glowing quite beautifully. I didn't expect this to happen, but I am glad it did. However, the only way I can get it in-game is by using the default Revan model or replacing the Star Forge Robe skin, as seen from this pic here:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/SykoShadow/GlowingRobeVariants.jpg)

When using the Star Forge robe model, it only glows in direct sunlight, but when using the full Revan cutscene model, it glows no matter where you are. What I hope to do is release this mod in 3 variations. One variant is to replace the skin of the Star Forge Robes, which I already did. The second variant is to release the robe with the Star Forge robes model as a separate robe from the Star Forge robes. The last variant, my favorite, is to make a robe with the full Revan cutscene model, as seen in the screens. As I said, I already did the first one, which was just re-naming the .tga file, but I have no GFF editing ability to make the .uti file for the separate robes, and I don't know how to rig the robes to use the full Revan model. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 SithRevan
06-25-2007, 9:15 PM
The cutscene Revan model has a envmap modifier on it in it's appearence.2da line. What you will need to do to fix that is go into the appearence.2da file, find line 22, and then find the "envmap" column in that line. Then once you get there you will need to change the value of that column from "CM_BareMetal" to "DEFAULT". After you do that it should work correctly.;)
 Master Zionosis
06-25-2007, 9:19 PM
Well, I'm not sure how to explain how you would do what you are asking, but i know it will require editing the Revan Cutscene model with a hex editor and making it a 'new' model, but I'm not sure how to explain it, there is a tutorial on holowan somewhere, because I've used it to make 'new' items which have basically just been reskinned.

As for what you've done, i have no idea how it happened just like you, but I LOVE it, it looks amazing, I can't wait to get my hands on the finished product.
 L0rdReV@n88
06-25-2007, 9:30 PM
the force is strong in that one maybe a wee bit to strong
sithrevan's way should fix that
 SykoRevan
06-25-2007, 9:38 PM
Well, I'm not sure how to explain how you would do what you are asking, but i know it will require editing the Revan Cutscene model with a hex editor and making it a 'new' model, but I'm not sure how to explain it, there is a tutorial on holowan somewhere, because I've used it to make 'new' items which have basically just been reskinned.

Modeling has always been a challenge for me, especially rigging an item to use that model. It's why I didn't use the full Revan model in my Shining Light of Ashla robes, as it was a major pain at the time. Skinning has always been my specialty, not modeling. Hopefully it won't take me too long to get the hang of it, so wish me luck.

As for what you've done, i have no idea how it happened just like you, but I LOVE it, it looks amazing, I can't wait to get my hands on the finished product.

Thanks, I love it too, that's why I made it my profile avatar :D

the force is strong in that one maybe a wee bit to strong
sithrevan's way should fix that

I don't know about you, but I love the glowing effect, so it stays :)
 Master Zionosis
06-25-2007, 9:49 PM
Hopefully it won't take me too long to get the hang of it, so wish me luck.

I wish you good luck and i hope you can get the hang of it and are able to make it a separate Robe. :D

Also if you have problems doing that i can always help you with it, I've done it for my Exile Item pack, i made a new set of items, a new force mask re colored to purple and a new robe also in the purple range, plus a new Indigo lightsaber and crystal (I think i made a crystal, lol, i can't remember, HAHAHA)

I don't know about you, but I love the glowing effect, so it stays :)

Goodie, It looks really.... Force like, lol, keep up the good work.
 SykoRevan
06-26-2007, 3:48 AM
I have decided, in order to best satisfy the second variant of this mod (which is using the Star Forge robe model but using a different .uti than the Star Forge Robes), as well as the mod as a whole, this mod shall become an updated version of my first mod, the Shining Light of Ashla Robes, or SLOAR as I abbreviated it. So I will be using the same .uti as my original mod, with the obviously better skin than the first one, as well as support for female players, as I don't think I made a skin for the female version of my robes. I'm still stumped on the third variation of my mod (using the Revan cutscene model). Once again, I am cursed by my ineptitude in certain areas of modding.

Also if you have problems doing that i can always help you with it, I've done it for my Exile Item pack, i made a new set of items, a new force mask re colored to purple and a new robe also in the purple range, plus a new Indigo lightsaber and crystal (I think i made a crystal, lol, i can't remember, HAHAHA)

Thanks MZ and I would happily welcome any help from you and anyone else willing to help me. All I need to make this mod complete is the Revan cutscene model (preferably Kristy Kistic's fixed cutscene model, if she will allow it to be used) rigged so that it is used by the robes I made. The Template ResRef of the .uti file I am using is "g_a_mstrrobe255," as is it's Tag. The texture file is named "pmbj255" for males and "pfbj255" for females. I cannot do it myself, as for some reason gmax doesn't work well on my computer. Ehh who am I kidding, even if it did, I'd still be in the dark for a long time :p

Thanks in advance.
 Master Zionosis
06-26-2007, 4:14 AM
Thanks MZ and I would happily welcome any help from you and anyone else willing to help me. All I need to make this mod complete is the Revan cutscene model (preferably Kristy Kistic's fixed cutscene model, if she will allow it to be used) rigged so that it is used by the robes I made. The Template ResRef of the .uti file I am using is "g_a_mstrrobe255," as is it's Tag. The texture file is named "pmbj255" for males and "pfbj255" for females. I cannot do it myself, as for some reason gmax doesn't work well on my computer. Ehh who am I kidding, even if it did, I'd still be in the dark for a long time

Ahhh you've just given me the necessary info to edit the model in hex edit and assign your textures to the model, so its all 'new' and won't overwrite anything.

The number you have used "255", that is your made up number i assume, i don't remember "255" as a standard in game robe resource, I'll wait to assign your textures to the model until you get Kristy Kistic's permission, :). Let me know if she gives you permission and I'll do it for you, and I'll look for a tutorial as well so you are able to do it yourself. The first time i edited a model with a hex editor i got it right first time, so its quite easy to get the hang of it.
 L0rdReV@n88
06-26-2007, 7:51 AM
well its very cool looking but in my own opinion its a little bright i think my eyes would begin to hurt from staring at it. but thats all you it good to see modders taking initiative
 SykoRevan
06-26-2007, 4:37 PM
Ahhh you've just given me the necessary info to edit the model in hex edit and assign your textures to the model, so its all 'new' and won't overwrite anything.

The number you have used "255", that is your made up number i assume, i don't remember "255" as a standard in game robe resource, I'll wait to assign your textures to the model until you get Kristy Kistic's permission, :). Let me know if she gives you permission and I'll do it for you, and I'll look for a tutorial as well so you are able to do it yourself. The first time i edited a model with a hex editor i got it right first time, so its quite easy to get the hang of it.

Glad to hear it. I've finished doing minor touch-ups to the texture, and Kristy has given me permission to use her fixed cutscene model in the mod, so all lights are green :D
Page: 1 of 1