Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Indiana image released

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaulUK
06-22-2007, 9:53 AM
New Indiana Jones image released

The first picture from the set of Indiana Jones has been released, as filming on the fourth adventure begins.
Shot by director Steven Spielberg, the photo shows star Harrison Ford wearing his character's trademark fedora hat for the first time in 18 years.

The original Indiana Jones trilogy, a tribute to Saturday morning B-movies, made more than $1.1bn (Ј560m) at the box office in the 1980s.

The fourth film, co-starring John Hurt, is due for release on 22 May 2008.

Other names lined up for the action blockbuster include Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone, Jim Broadbent and Shia LaBeouf, who is rumoured to be playing Indiana's son.

Little else is known about the film - not even its title - but it will be set in the 1950s.

'Back in business'

The franchise began in 1981 with Raiders of the Lost Ark, in which archaeologist Jones raced around the world to find the Ark of the Covenant before it fell into the hands of the Nazis.

Rumours of a fourth chapter in the saga circulated for several years, before the film was finally announced in December 2006.

"I'm delighted to be back in business with my old friends," said Harrison Ford earlier this year. "I don't know if the pants still fit, but I know the hat will."

Producers LucasFilm recently announced that Sir Sean Connery - who played Indiana Jones' bookish father in the franchise's third instalment - would not reprise his role in the new film.

Filming is expected to continue for the rest of the summer before moving to the post-production phase.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/07/entertainment_enl_1182500548/img/1.jpg)
 Char Ell
06-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Harrison Ford still looks like Indiana Jones to me. :D I noticed the "blood" on his knee too so at least we know that Indy's still a scrapper, in spite of his geriatric age, heh-heh-heh. :lol:

This should be a fun movie to watch next year.
 Astrotoy7
06-22-2007, 11:31 AM
lolz...are you sure thats not a CG Indy... you can never trust GL these days :p

mtfbwya
 Diego Varen
06-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Harrison hasn't aged much and it won't put me off watching the film. I've heard of Jim Broadbent and Shia LaBeouf and they are both good actors in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the film.
 Prime
06-22-2007, 11:46 AM
He looks pretty good!
 Jeff
06-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Harrison doesn't look his age at all. I'm really looking forward to this movie and I hope its a good one. :D
 Commander Obi-Wan
06-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Really? He looks like it aged quite a bit. It's be about 18 years since the Last Crusade was released.

Still, I'm pumped up to see this movie.
 urluckyday
06-22-2007, 5:55 PM
Already in my profile...and already waiting in line for tix.
 MrWally
06-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Argghh... waiting is torture.

And who is the mysterious man in the background? You see him? The one with the legs.
 Diego Varen
06-23-2007, 1:03 AM

And who is the mysterious man in the background? You see him? The one with the legs.

The camera man?
 Lynk Former
06-23-2007, 1:36 AM
I see a problem with that picture... his clothes are too clean.
 Ray Jones
06-23-2007, 3:51 AM
Sometimes I dream that Harrison calls me to say "Ray, I am your father!"
 King Dando
06-23-2007, 7:10 PM

Perhaps cast and crew refer to him as "Legs"

Or not.

Harrison's looking pretty good for his age IMO, I'm pretty stoked about this movie, plus the game (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/indianajones/) looks pretty rockin' too, some of the screenshots depict a fight on top of a tram in San Francisco, although the game itself isn't based off the new movie.
Page: 1 of 1