Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[K1] Adding an NPC to an area?

Page: 1 of 1
 Simon92
06-03-2007, 6:57 PM
Hello Modders and Others,

I am about to ask a very basic question, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the first 6 pages and after using the search function. Bear in mind I am making my first proper mod, that doesn't include reskins. So, here it goes;

How do you add an NPC to an area, such as Dreshdae on Korriban, AND change the NPC's name?

Sorry if it's been answered millions of times, I've searched for quite a while and couldn't find an answer.

Thanks.
 Vox Kalam
06-03-2007, 7:19 PM
You can use one of the scripts in one of these threads:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143536)
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143412)
Good luck, and have fun. :D
 Simon92
06-03-2007, 7:34 PM
Thanks very much, they will be very useful for me. Thank you :D
 Pavlos
06-04-2007, 8:07 AM
How do you add an NPC to an area, such as Dreshdae on Korriban, AND change the NPC's name?

Unfortunately, there is no "ActionChangeName()" function in NWScript. You can simulate an NPC having their name changed by creating a second .utc with the different name. You can then destroy the old creature and create a new one via a script. If you need help with those, then don't hesitate to ask around here :).
 stoffe
06-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Unfortunately, there is no "ActionChangeName()" function in NWScript. You can simulate an NPC having their name changed by creating a second .utc with the different name. You can then destroy the old creature and create a new one via a script.

As an alternative you can also set a custom token as the NPC's name, and then have a script that sets the token to the string you want shown as the NPC's name, depending on what situation the NPC should be used in.
 Seamhainn
06-06-2007, 6:01 AM
Hello!

I don't want to canabalize this thread, but...

A few weeks (months?) ago I wanted to start modding K1, and I got much help here (thanks again for that). As a starting point I just wanted to spawn a character on the Endar Spire just after the PC woke up (to see the results after starting a fresh game). Then I wanted to start a dialogue and wanted to see what else I could accomplish. Unfortunately I was to dump to do it (though I got all the help).

My question is, is it possible to make a tutorial for beginners with a step-by-step walkthrough to a accomplish the things I just talked about (or is there already one)? Hints on how and where to get the informations needed would be helpful too of course.

Thanks and take care
Page: 1 of 1