Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Oblivious to the Nines

Page: 1 of 2
 Cygnus Q'ol
05-25-2007, 7:57 AM
I have fallen into the world of OblivionIV-Elder Scrolls and I find myself loaded with quests, contracts and duties as a Fighter's Guild apprentice.

As a knight-like rogue bristling with magika and personality, I often find myself wandering aimlessly, lost in the lush landscape, exploring caves, rivers and lakes.

This is my first time experiencing this place so I'm kinda hooked for now.
I know some of you have played this game and know it well.

What is ectoplasm by the way, and who do I have to con or kill to get it?
I've searched caves and forests.

Most of you PC modders probably can just whip up a program for it but, I've taken the console route and have to search the lands.
For the 360 version, does anyone know where I could find this stuff?
I have gold coin and silver weapons to trade. :)

I imagine that there's a program for Nirnroots too.
I need them desperately as well. I've searched all the areas around water that I come across, but I still need a few more.

Is there a secret area in which they are abundant?

I truly would appreciate any suggestions you have.
Thanks.
 stoffe
05-25-2007, 8:02 AM
What is ectoplasm by the way, and who do I have to con or kill to get it?
I've searched caves and forests.

Ectoplasm is an Alchemy ingredient that is sometimes dropped when you kill Ghosts or Wraiths. You can usually find those in some Ayleid ruins or ruined fortresses that contain undead.

You can probably buy it from some merchants that sell Alchemy components as well, but why waste money when you can get it for free? In particular since you'll more or less drown in Alchemy components after playing for a while if you don't make potions a lot. I've got a couple of chests in my character's home with thousands of them. :)

I imagine that there's a program for Nirnroots too.
I need them desperately as well. I've searched all the areas around water that I come across, but I still need a few more.

There are roughly 250 Nirnroot plants spread across the world. I wouldn't recommend actively searching for them, but rather just keep your eyes (and ears, they emit a distinctive sound when you're near) open whenever you happen to be traveling or exploring near the coast, lakes, rivers or swamps. They can be found inside some caves and ruins that are partially flooded as well, and a few can be found as potted plants inside buildings. It's a very long-running quest with multiple stages, so it's probably best not to pursue it actively. :)
 Venom750
05-25-2007, 8:47 AM
Ectoplasm i'm guessing you doing the FG quest where the 3 FG member are angry and won't leave but if you search churchs at the bottom in the cripped there's alway aload there

Plus a little tip i sold most of the stuff i got to the merchant try and get in good with one with alot of money around the 1000-1200 mark if you've got the good personality it should be easy
 ChAiNz.2da
05-25-2007, 9:03 AM
Ninroot and Leyawin go hand in hand. ;)

You'll find tons of them around the perimeter of the city walls and tons more exploring the surrounding swamps. Like stoffe said, ectoplasm is the nice residual goo ghosts and wraiths like to leave when you layeth the smack down on them :xp:

The higher end alchemy shops should sell them as well, or visit one of the Mages Guild.. the 'house' alchemist tends to carry some hard to find odd-n-ends. Imperial City alchemists (Guilded Carafe specifically) should sell it too.. but not sure if it's a random merchant inventory or if it's a leveled list item.

Welcome to the endless world of stunning visuals and no sleep .. hehehe :lol:

EDIT: moved to The Outlander Club
 stingerhs
05-25-2007, 11:55 AM
^^^^
indeed. i'm sure that you'll be losing a lot of sleep over the next week or so.

btw, have you downloaded the extra content for the game (Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles, etc) from Xbox Live???
 mimartin
05-25-2007, 1:05 PM
I’ll assume (you know what they say about that word) by your not knowing what Ectoplasm is, that you haven’t done the Anvil side quest “Where Sprits have Lease” (buying a house in Anvil) or “The Ghost Ship of Anvil” (Talk to everyone around the docks especially on the Ships harbored there). Either quest will gives you the ectoplasm you need to complete the Fighter’s Guild Quest.

Is there a secret area in which they are abundant?

Do what stoffe and ChaiNz.2da wrote and you will find more than enough Ninroot, just remember to keep your eyes and more importantly your ears open. Running along any shore line killing mud crabs and you will find plenty very soon and increase your skills at the same time. I actually do this in sneak mode and my little female wood elf is at master level sneak at level 7.

Have you been to Dive Rock yet? The view is incredible on a clear day with the Xbox 360 and a HDTV.

Hope you have more will power than me and can put the controller down long enough to get some sleep. Last night was the first time I’ve been home and not played Oblivion at all since I got the game
 Cygnus Q'ol
05-29-2007, 7:22 AM
Whew, and I thought it was just me...
I haven't gotten much sleep at all since I've delved into this world. I've got a thousand E-mails, my voicemail is full, I've got laundry stacked to the ceiling and my grass is calf high.
As I'm driving to work, I'm trying to identify local plant-life.

I bumped my head yesterday and I could swear I heard the call of the Nirnroot. During conversations, I'll be answering questions and nodding my head but, I'm really thinking of my next quest and what I should take with me. I dislike being over-encumbered when I find something I need.

I've been busy exploring.
The lush and vibrant landscape is jawdropping sometimes. The vastness of this world is breath taking and is only surpassed by the incredible attention to detail.

Stoffe, thank you very much. I really appreciate it.
I love this world. I can't believe I've missed out on this before. I can tell I'm just beginning. There's so much to do.

Thanks for the tip Venom750, I'll keep that in mind. Never have too much coin.
Thanks Stoffe, I haven't got a house yet. I really just started making decent cash. I've made quite a bit, but I've spent most of it on training. I did have an expensive run in with the law as well. I guess I had to find out how the legal system worked sooner or later. :)

ChAiNz, thanks for the move. I apologize for the error. I've got a bottle of mead, for the trouble. Thanks for the tips.

mimartin, I was on my way to do the quest in Anvil but, as usual I got sidetracked. Dive Rock huh? Not yet. What town is it near? I'll do the searching. I've heard of ectoplasm before. Ghostbusters I think, but I wanted to be sure. Muchos Gracias.

stingerhs, I haven't downloaded those yet. I really just started. But, I've read something in gamepro of Shivering Isles. I'll definately be checking those out in time.

I heard there's trouble down in Kvatch. Think I'll go check it out.

...wish me luck.
 mimartin
05-29-2007, 4:11 PM
Dive Rock is in the middle of nowhere, north north/east of Cheydinhal. There is a small side quest there and you pick up some map markers looking over the edge. If you find Aerin’s Camp it is up the steep cliff to the north east from there, but it is not an easy climb. The climb is a very good way to increase your Acrobatics skills.

Personally I love buying the expensive house in Skingrad call Rosethorn Hall. The house is not worth the cost, but a small side quest involving 200 year old stolen loot nets you some nice gems and the Ring of the Gray. After receiving the Ring of the Gray it is always equipped during my exploration (at least until I get a higher level detect life enchanted item). It gives you Detect Life 50 feet as well as fortifying acrobatics, marksman, security, sneak and resist poison. (Bedroom Hint – no one every looks up)

I dislike being over-encumbered when I find something I need.

Being over-encumbered is the worst and the best part of the game. At first this annoyed me to no end, but being over-encumbered is more realist than the alternative.

The first time I played I was constantly throwing away alchemy ingredients and high valued items. Then I figured out the power of enchanting items with strength and feather and the power of those alchemy ingredients, I had been throwing away, in creating potions for strength and feather. I found the Frostcrag Spire download in the Xbox Magazine. It gives you a free home (to store items), Altar of Alchemy (15 temporary bonus to Alchemy skill to brew stronger potions), Altar of Spellmaking (to make weak spells in order to increase those skills quickly) and Altar of Enchanting (to make enchanted cloths, amour and weapons). Now even my range weapon wood elf can clear a cave of all its loot (she is at level 8 as of last night).

I spent the weekend in Las Vegas and arrived home at 2:00 am Monday morning. The second thing I did was turn on the Xbox and play Oblivion. I was having four days worth of withdraws from the game.
 HerbieZ
05-29-2007, 4:16 PM
Oblivion is a game i can keep coming back to again and again and have it absorb me for hours. A game that can do that is one that deserves recognition far into the future. The best thing about it was that i had never played a "ye-olde" swords and dungeons style game so the change hit me like a brick wall. A nice comfy brick wall that absorbs me for four hours. A brick wall that can do that is one that deserves recognition far into the future. Oh yes.
 Cygnus Q'ol
05-30-2007, 7:33 AM
Well, there's a few bricks laying around my living room right now. :)

I don't have a house yet, but I'm not really looking to right away.
...sooner or later.
I've spent most of my money on training so far. I have a feeling I'm going to need it. I'm attempting to beef up some of my skills that I left weaker when I started my character. Don't want to be one sided.

However, I am a warrior (by birthsign) so my Blade, block, athletic, speed, agility, strength, and stamina are priority. I actually have my own class that I've aptly named LANCELOT CLASS.
An athletic knight, armorer, blademaster, poet that can cast a few spells on his gear and self, loves to swim for miles and eat strawberries naked in the woods and sometimes comes to the aid of those less fortunate.

No one likes a whiner, so I make sure I keep improving personality as well.
Helps when I haggle.

I'm just beginning to discover alchemy however, right now I'm still spending a lot of time roaming and exploring. I've made some coin in the arena and I've been offered to become a Blade. I haven't accepted yet even though I know I will. I just have to take care of a few things first. :)

There's this sword I want and I need some cash.

I've got a few hidden areas where I store stuff. I imagine sooner or later it will get discovered which is why I need a house, but I need the training too.

...decisions, decisions

That's one of the reasons I'm really hooked on this game.

Gotta go now, I hear the crowd and there's a very large person waiting for me in the arena.
I think he's got an axe...
 stoffe
05-30-2007, 8:08 AM
I've spent most of my money on training so far. I have a feeling I'm going to need it. I'm attempting to beef up some of my skills that I left weaker when I started my character. Don't want to be one sided.

The Oblivion skill/levelup system allows you to be extremely versatile if you feel like exploiting it. Since you only level up when using major skills, you can pick skills that you can use selectively as major skills and thus control the pace you are leveling up. This way you can ensure you only level up when you have a +5 bonus to three ability scores when leveling (since both major and minor skills count towards ability bonuses.)

With my last/current character I decided to abuse the system way over the top to see how things would go. I was master in half the minor skills by level 2. So if you plan instead of just play you can be jack of all trades, master of all in Oblivion. :D

You don't gain that much from leveling up too far either. From what I remember leveling only determines which Daedric Shrine quests you can do, and what kind of loot you get. Pretty much all NPCs level along with you, and automatically get better gear when they do. If you level up too quickly the game might get too difficult since enemies get better gear than you have and some of your skills may be under-developed.

I'm just beginning to discover alchemy however, right now I'm still spending a lot of time roaming and exploring. I've made some coin in the arena and I've been offered to become a Blade. I haven't accepted yet even though I know I will. I just have to take care of a few things first. :)

There's this sword I want and I need some cash.

You can proceed with the main quest at your own pace for the most part, the bad guys will patiently wait for you to make progress before moving to the next step of their plan. :) The only thing you'll notice is that a lot more Oblivion Gates will open up all over the place as you progress along the main quest.

Having a house with some containers in is pretty useful if you plan to do alchemy so you don't have to drag all your ingredients along with you everywhere. Individually they may not weigh much, but together they can be quite heavy when you collect a lot.

If you're a warrior using bladed weapons you'll probably want the "Umbra" sword eventually, it's one of the best one-handed swords in the game from a damage perspective (though you can't enchant it yourself since it's already magical). It's part of the Clavicus Vile daedric shrine quest, if you decide to keep the sword instead of giving it to Clavicus at the end.

Some of the other Daedric shrine quests (Boethia and Mephala if I remember correctly) give some pretty nice swords as rewards as well.

I've got a few hidden areas where I store stuff. I imagine sooner or later it will get discovered which is why I need a house, but I need the training too.

Be careful where you stash away things: If you don't visit a cell for a certain amount of time it will be reset (enemies respawned, containers repopulated), making anything you've left behind there vanish permanently. This is why having a house is useful, those cells will never respawn and things you put there will remain no matter how long you're gone.

Gotta go now, I hear the crowd and there's a very large person waiting for me in the arena.
I think he's got an axe...

Just a warning since you can't use mods or the console. If you do the Grey Prince's quest before becoming arena champion the way you win the arena quest will be incredibly anti-climactic, in my opinion. (He gives you some training that boost some skills as reward for completing his quest though.)
 Cygnus Q'ol
05-31-2007, 7:27 AM
An incredibly huge thank you Stoffe. :)
Your insight is invaluable. I'll keep these in mind.

Yeah, the Grey Prince was a bit disappointed when I revealed his family history. How could you not know you're a vampire?

Wouldn't someone question his staunch dislike of garlic-y foods?
...and we just thought he was a night owl.

Well, I'm off to explore Imperial City. There's alot more here than I realized.
I have a few bits of business here as well.
Gotta do some bartering also. Time to get rid of some of this stuff, make a little coin and meet some new people and just perhaps, make a few new friends.

Blessing of Akotosh be with you.
 ChAiNz.2da
05-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Blessing of Agotosh be with you.
Spill some blood for me, brother [/Vincente]

if you don't know Vincente yet, you'll come to love this line :D
 Cygnus Q'ol
06-04-2007, 1:48 PM
Although I absolutely adore the sounds and music in this game, I find myself sometimes thinking of other songs and music that would fit in with the style this game takes on.

...at least in my head. :)

IMO, there are quite a few Zepplin and RUSH songs that would fit in real nicely. Especially during battles.
A few CURE songs would also not be out of place here.

There are also some Jean-Luc Ponty, Afro-Celt and Anya tracks that would round it out perfectly.

Does anyone else feel this way? If so, what songs or sounds do you hear while running through the plains and forrest?

On another note, I'm still trying to figure out this persuasion system. I've been spending too much coin on bribery. I'll keep trying until I figure it out, but, any helpful tips are greatly appreciated.:)

I haven't gotten much sleep and I really must shave at this point.

Happy Birthday Stoffe :)
 stoffe
06-04-2007, 2:18 PM
Although I absolutely adore the sounds and music in this game, I find myself sometimes thinking of other songs and music that would fit in with the style this game takes on.

...at least in my head. :)

That's an advantage of playing the PC version, all you have to do is dump your MP3s in the proper folders and the game will automatically add them to the ambient/battle music rotation for that environment. :)

On another note, I'm still trying to figure out this persuasion system. I've been spending too much coin on bribery. I'll keep trying until I figure it out, but, any helpful tips are greatly appreciated.:)

It's fairly simple once you get the hang of it, and not very realistic. There are four groups of things you may "say" to the NPC: Joke, Intimidate, Admire, Boast. Each NPC will love one, like one, dislike one and hate one of each (I think their likes/dislikes are randomly decided by the game, but stay the same if you return later). If you hover the mouse pointer (or its console equivalent) over each group quadrant in the Persuasion circle you can view from the facial expression the NPC makes what he feels about that particular group.

Unsurprisingly you gain/lose disposition with the NPC depending on how much they like/dislike what you say, and how filled the quadrant is when you click it.

For each persuasion round you must pick all four groups. So, you should try to pick the Loved and Liked group when that quadrant is as filled as possible, while you should pick the Disliked and Hated group when they are as empty as possible. Between each pick the persuasion circle will rotate, making each quadrant fill up differently.

When your persuasion skill gets high enough you get the option to rotate the persuasion circle once per persuasion round without picking anything, making the quadrants fill up differently, giving you another chance to get out of sticky situations like when the Disliked and Hated groups are full and the Liked and Loved groups are near-empty.

Since NPCs have notoriously short patience their Disposition will decrease steadily during a persuasion round, so you should be fairly quick at picking your choices as well (unless you want to lose Disposition so you can play the persuade game some more with that NPC to increase your Skill - Once you max out your Disposition with that NPC you can't persuade them any more).

Not a very realistic to emulate social interaction, but it can be worthwhile to increase your Disposition with NPCs, in particular merchants and quest givers, since you tend to get lower prices and more info/rewards if they like you. Some more violent NPCs won't attack you on sight either if your Disposition with them is high, which they might otherwise do (which might be good or bad, depending on what you want with them :)). If you have high enough disposition with a Guard they might let you go if they catch you with a bounty on your head.

Happy Birthday Stoffe :)

Thank you. :D
 SilentScope001
06-09-2007, 1:18 AM
I found this strange thing in Morrowind, but I think it would be best to post it here rather than in another topic, since this is likely to exist in the other thing.

My character joined the Imperial Cult and read his book but became quite shocked when he saw this passage about the Cult's views on other guilds:

Though we cannot condone the actions of the Thevies Guild, we praise their faithful dedication to the Emporer and Imperial culture.

The Imperial cults has the greatest respect for the high moral principles of House Redran and the Morag Tong, and honors their different but noble conceptions of Divine Inspiration.

Is it just the Imperial Cult in Morrowind, or are all Imperial Cults this kooky? For one thing, since when does robbing houses show a respect to the Emporer or Imperial Culture? Isn't that, say, illegal? If I rob a house, would the guards buy that I am doing it in service of the Empire? I doubt it. I'd assume religious people would see it as an disgrace to have theives exist, not as a point of pride and glory. It's the equilviant of the Catholic Church stating that while they do not condone the Mafia's actions, they do support the Mafia's conservative lifestyle and devotion to the Saints.

And the Morag Tong is an assisan's guild...so it seems werid that they would love bounty hunters who would kill for a couple of gold. (Come to think of it...why is the Morag Tong legal in Morrowind?)

...Any help? This strange thing has been bothering me, and it does draw me somewhat into the Morrowind game (this isn't exactly Kansas, Toto).
 stoffe
06-09-2007, 6:04 AM
Is it just the Imperial Cult in Morrowind, or are all Imperial Cults this kooky? For one thing, since when does robbing houses show a respect to The Emperor or Imperial Culture?

And the Morag Tong is an assassin's guild...so it seems weird that they would love bounty hunters who would kill for a couple of gold. (Come to think of it...why is the Morag Tong legal in Morrowind?)

Morrowind does seem somewhat unique in that respect, since the thieves guild is considered a fairy tale in Cyrodiil (and presumably in other provinces as well). For them to operate as openly and high-profile as in Morrowind (or at least Vvardenfell) appears to be highly unusual. Usually they keep their presence so secret that many officials and officers doubt they even exist.

There may be some reasons behind this. Vvardenfell appears to be described as sparsely populated frontier land that has only recently been settled to any extent aside from a few Tribunal strongholds like Vivec city (though there are contradictory accounts to that if you read the various books in the game). Things may be done a bit more pragmatically and less traditionally here than in Cyrodiil.

Further, Morrowind is Dark Elf lands, and unlike the other provinces they were not conquered; they entered into the Empire by treaty (though by necessity and not by desire). This treaty allowed them to keep many of their own political and cultural institutions intact, like the Tribunal Temple religion and the Great Houses. The Morag Tong, worshipers of the "Good Daedric Prince" (according to Tribunal Temple teachings :roleyess:) Mephala, is part of these traditions. While they are assassins, they are a traditional, strictly regulated means through which the Great Houses can settle disputes without things having to deteriorate into civil war.

As such the balance of power between traditional Dark Elf institutions and the new Imperial institutions like the Cult of the Nine and Imperial Legion is fairly delicate, and the Cult may have to tread carefully and avoid stepping on too many toes if they want to have a chance to establish themselves more permanently on Vvardenfell and gain acceptance from the locals. Dogmatically condemning venerable Dark Elf institutions like Morag Tong (and by extension the Great Houses' use of them) might not be the best way to go about that, even if there surely is a cultural clash of moral values. :) (This is probably the same reason why slave trading is tolerated in Morrowind while it's outlawed in the rest of the Empire.)

Similarly, the Thieves Guild, when operating so openly that there is no doubt about their existence, is likely considered the lesser of two evils. They can act as a known counterbalance to the more unknown and evil Camonna Tong crime syndicate, who are involved in more anti-Imperial activities. The Legion, Ordinators and other groups responsible for law enforcement on Vvardenfell will of course still arrest members of both groups if they catch them doing something illegal. But since the Imperial system embraces the rule of law they cannot go around and arrest people just because they call themselves a "thieves guild", since that act alone is not illegal. They need to actually break the law and get caught for that. :)
 SilentScope001
06-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Ah, thank you for explaning. I could understand slavery in Morrowind, but tolerating the Theives' Guild seems werid. Morrowind's universe does seem quite interesting, and I will try to play it as much as I can to learn more.
 Cygnus Q'ol
06-12-2007, 12:04 PM
I've closed the gates at Kvatch and Cheydinal(sp).
In those two missions, the path to the tower was clear and all I had to do was to fight my way to the top and remove the stone to eliminate that particular gate.

Not too terribly hard. I'd always mill around for a while first to pick up any interesting Daedric gear.

But in the gates that just pop up out of nowhere, it seems different.
Maybe it's just me, but I can never get to the tower. There's this huge door in the way and when I try to open, it tells me that it's operated from somewhere else.

I can never find where.

What's the secret to quickly taking these things down once I discover them?
I know it's gotta be something simple that I'm misssing.

on another note...

Does anyone remember the mission where you find this town where everyone's invisible? Too cool. I was rummaging around in an Inn and was startled when I was busted snooping. Anyway I followed directions, found the old spellmaker's hideout and even found his journal.
The green arrow tells me he's right infront of me, but he won't engage with me.

What's up, is he scared of me? Do I have to make some kind of offering or something? Is there a spell that'll allow me to see him?
I donno, it's got me stumped. Perhaps something in the future will allow me to finish that one.

No biggie, I've got alot of unfinished business.
Speaking of...

What's up with Thoronir, anyone remember him?
He's the merchant in the Imperial city that deals in stolen goods or something. I'm suppose to shadow the guy and find out what he does.

When I do, he just wanders around all night until early morning. Then he goes to meet a fellow out behind his shop and they just stand there for hours. They don't say anything or move, except to look around nervously. Then, they'll abrupty part and he goes back to his shop. Whenever I confront them, they are rude and dissmissing. Whenever I just spy, nothing happens. What gives?

This game is so absorbing. I'm constantly thinking of what I'm gonna do with my character next when I get home and fire up the Box. I actually had to force myself to take a break from it and play some other games for a while.

A few games of Baseball and some Forza Motorsports2 races, then I kicked my brother out of the house and went right back in to Cyrodiil and my beautiful black horse.

Maybe one of the mages guilds has a reduce addiction spell for me.
 stoffe
06-12-2007, 12:16 PM
But in the gates that just pop up out of nowhere, it seems different.
Maybe it's just me, but I can never get to the tower. There's this huge door in the way and when I try to open, it tells me that it's operated from somewhere else. What's the secret to quickly taking these things down once I discover them?

Depends on what area you are in, there is a handful of area designs for gate tower islands in Dagon's realm that are repeated randomly. Usually when the path is blocked and you seemingly have nowhere to go you'll have to find some cave entrance somewhere in the surrounding area. They usually contain tunnels that either will lead you out somewhere else in the area, or sometimes into the auxiliary structures around the main tower.

The switches to open the big metal gates are usually found at the top of the smaller towers with a spiral staircase/ramp leading up with a corpse masher elevator at the bottom. Some of those towers have switches that will extend retractable bridges as well.

Does anyone remember the mission where you find this town where everyone's invisible? Too cool. I was rummaging around in an Inn and was startled when I was busted snooping. Anyway I followed directions, found the old spellmaker's hideout and even found his journal.
The green arrow tells me he's right infront of me, but he won't engage with me.

If you have any Detect Life spells you can use those. It will produce a glow around invisible creatures allowing you to see where they are.

I don't remember if I had to start the conversation or if he did it when I reached the small side area with the desk, but you should be able to talk to him without requiring anything else once you've gotten the quest from the villagers.

What's up with Thoronir, anyone remember him?
He's the merchant in the Imperial city that deals in stolen goods or something. I'm suppose to shadow the guy and find out what he does.

You'll have to shadow him until he meets with his contact in the back garden and then get close enough to listen in on their conversation. The game will put you in mini-cutscene mode where you can't move while they talk. You must take care to remain unseen though, if they spot you they will not talk about their shady business. If you don't have good enough sneak skill you can boost your chances to remain undetected using invisibility or chameleon spells/items.

A few games of Baseball and some Forza Motorsports2 races, then I kicked my brother out of the house and went right back in to Cyrodiil and my beautiful black horse.

The evil Dark Brotherhood horse, or a normal black one? :)
 Cygnus Q'ol
06-13-2007, 7:17 AM
Why, a normal black one of course. :)

I am a Blade Knight, sworn to the quest of lighting the fires, returning a family to power and aiding those in need.

I haven't run into any of that Dark Brohterhood rabble lately, however I did receive an indecent proposition not too long ago.

I'm tryin' to bring some light to the rumors of a theives guild here in Cyrodiil.
There seems to be some conflicting opinions. I'll get to the bottom of it sooner or later.

Once again, thanks much.
I appreciate you showin' the ropes to an old noob like me. :)
 SilentScope001
06-16-2007, 3:01 PM
I admit I don't have the X360, but I did read the strat guide and I think I could also help, altough I do not like to give out spoliers, so don't worry about any problems.

I'm tryin' to bring some light to the rumors of a theives guild here in Cyrodiil.
There seems to be some conflicting opinions. I'll get to the bottom of it sooner or later.

Have you thought of joining the (rumored) Theives Guild, as part of an undercover sting operation to find out who the leader and "whack" him? It could pose to be a morally complex delimma to be sure, but you are a Blade Knight, and in Morrowind, it is revealed that the Blades are the so-called "secret police" of the Empire, so I think you can justify it for your character.

I have a bad, bad feeling that you may not actually find out if this Theives Guild exist (presumbly to destroy it), so if you want help, just contact me to assist you.
 Aash Li
06-21-2007, 11:37 AM
I had Oblivion (a borrowed copy), but my computer is a bit slow for running that. While I had it on my system, I had it heavily modded lol. It was quite fun from what I saw of it... just wish I could play it without all the graphical lag. Maybe after I get my computer upgraded Ill go out and buy a copy of it...
 Cygnus Q'ol
06-22-2007, 11:38 AM
I had Oblivion (a borrowed copy), but my computer is a bit slow for running that. While I had it on my system, I had it heavily modded lol. It was quite fun from what I saw of it... just wish I could play it without all the graphical lag. Maybe after I get my computer upgraded Ill go out and buy a copy of it...

...and when you do, you will fall in love with it.

I love my 360, but this is one game in which I truly envy PC gamers.
 Cygnus Q'ol
06-29-2007, 9:33 AM
I had a horse. When I went into towns, he stayed near the stables.

I lost him. I've searched and searched, but to no avail. I've sinced moved on and I've saved quite a few times since. Is he still out there somewhere or gone forever?

A few of my attribute numbers have gone red and aren't increasing as I level.
Is there some kind of spell on me or something that I have to get removed?

There have been a few battles where my speed or my willpower was drained. Is that a permanent effect? Just wondering. There aren't any opportunities in conversations to ask anyone about it.

It's been a while since I've been able to play this game. Too busy lately.
But, I've re-immersed and I need to know how to achieve the Daedra artifacts co I can open the portal and follow the amulet.

Thanks again and may the blessings of Akotosh be with you all. :)
 ChAiNz.2da
06-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Unfortunately the horse issue is a common one, and without mods (you're on Xbox?) it's a toss up on whether you'll find it again or not. Check the stables where you had originally bought the horse. Many times their AI tells them to "head home" if anything glitches.

Also, Fast Travel to a town, enter it.. then exit and check to see if the horse maybe re-stables.

For the red attributes, check your magic menu. Thelast section lists all the effects your character is under. See if there is a Drain or Disease that's hurting your scores. Best bet is to go to a chapel and pray at the Altar of Nine. It fixes just about everything except for Vampirism (full)...

Draining, typically isn't permanent unless it's a non-duration spell. If that's the case, then yeah.. it's permanent until you go get healed/restored at a chapel (or potion)...

You can get Daedra Artifacts by fulfilling their respective quests located at their shrines (scattered throughout Tamriel). They're usually noted by a large statue with 3 followers lingering around and praying. Talk to the essential person (crown icon) and s/he will tell you what you need to do to summon the Daedra in order to get their quest.

Different Daedra Lords require different levels in order to do them (not to mention having to find the buggers.. hehehe).

Some locations and requirements can be found here:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Daedric_Quests)

Hope that helps! :D
 stoffe
06-29-2007, 10:27 AM
A few of my attribute numbers have gone red and aren't increasing as I level.
Is there some kind of spell on me or something that I have to get removed?

There have been a few battles where my speed or my willpower was drained. Is that a permanent effect? Just wondering. There aren't any opportunities in conversations to ask anyone about it.

Depends on what you got hit with. "Drain" effects are usually time limited (unless they are applied as a permanent ability, but that pretty much only happens as part of a quest) and nothing (except perhaps Dispel) can be done about them until they expire. "Damage Attribute" effects on the other hand are permanent and can only be negated with Restore Attribute spells, or by praying at an altar in a chapel (unless your Infamy is too high, in which case your prayers go unheard).

They might also come from diseases which also can be removed with a Cure Disease spell or by praying at an altar.

I need to know how to achieve the Daedra artifacts co I can open the portal and follow the amulet.

Most of the artifacts you can get as reward for doing quests for the Daedric Princes will be accepted by Martin for the ritual, but not all of them are equally useful. I'd disregard Martin's advice and not give him Azura's Star since this is too useful to give up.

So I'd recommend doing a bunch of the Daedric shrine quests first until you get something that isn't worth keeping. You'll eventually want to do them all anyway since you're only allowed to do the Haermeus Mora shrine quest once you've done the quests for all the other Daedric Princes. Even though some might be a bit questionable from a moral standpoint if you play as a "good" character. :)
 mimartin
06-29-2007, 11:52 AM
I had a horse. When I went into towns, he stayed near the stables.

I hate to say this because I hate using it. Fast Travel a time or two till it says "Your horse is in the stable"

I'm playing on Xbox too, and that how I got mine back. Unfortunately I fast traveled to a couple camps to get him back and he came back alright and was promptly killed by the bandits.
 Cygnus Q'ol
06-29-2007, 12:45 PM
A tremendous thank you is in order. :)

I'll keep an eye out, but for some reason I feel he's gone.
It's OK. I actually like being on foot better anyway. I can negotiate hills and rocky areas better without him and I love swimming.
I would imagine ahletics don't increase while riding either.

I used the fast travel a few times, even though I prefer to travel myself, but I forgot which town I was in when I lost him and now whenever I arrive, I'm always looking for that "Your horse is in the stables" message. Like I said, no biggie. But thank you guys anyway.

As I started reading your posts, I smacked myself on the head, instantly remembering to go to church.
...should have known better, duh. :bluidea:

I'm on course for the Deadra artifacts quest and I do realize this is a nice, long game so I need to just chill and not get in such a hurry.
It's a matter of downshifting from the button mashing console mindframe.

All of your help is appreciated.
...and thanks ChAiNz for the link. I'll refer to it often, but I still enjoy bothering you guys. :)

If you're in the US, have great 4th holiday. :usa:
If not, then just have a great day(period) :)
 stoffe
06-29-2007, 1:15 PM
It's OK. I actually like being on foot better anyway. I can negotiate hills and rocky areas better without him and I love swimming.
I would imagine ahletics don't increase while riding either.

There are no skills governing or being affected by riding, for some weird reason. Athletics do only increase if you run around on foot, and acrobatics increase if you jump (or do evasive rolls I think).

I prefer moving around on foot as well, not just because it helps you increase two skills, but because you have better control of where you're going and can respond more quickly to hostiles showing up. It's also easier to sneak up on bad guys if you don't have a huge animal in tow. :)

At 100 Speed and 100 Athletics you run significantly faster on foot than most horses anyway. (And you can bump those stats above 100 with potions and enchanted gear as well as some quest rewards.) My character can run past those Black Horse Courier riders you can encounter on the roads on Anvil and Leyawiin. :)

Having a high Acrobatics skill is very handy for getting around, taking shortcuts in towns and climbing up steep mountain sides or generally getting up somewhere where melee enemies can't reach or follow you. I love those evasion rolls it enables you to do as well. :)
 mimartin
06-30-2007, 1:18 PM
Found another explanation for your missing horse last night (possibly the same one ChAiNz wrote about). I’m finishing the Fighters Guild quest and purchase another horse do to the travel required across the Province Of Cyrodiil at this time. Sometimes between “Trolls or Forsaken Mine” and “The Stone of St Alessia” the horse just disappeared. I don’t mean I couldn’t find it, I mean it literally disappeared. After leaving Sedor, I was walking down the mountain and I got the white horseshoe icon, but could not see my black horse. I clicked on it and was locked into a running stance but getting nowhere. I could not do anything except go to the menu and fast travel. I fast traveled to a nearby camp and found myself mounted on my missing friend.

Question: Are the people of Cyrodiil speciesist?

I’m on my forth play through and at this point of the game no matter my species the people of Cyrodiil have always loved me, but as a little female Bosmer the people are not as friendly. I’ve completed the main, most of the Fighters Guild Quest and most of the Non-Guild Quest. She has not murder anyone and never had a bounty on her head. I did not even fight the Grey Prince. She has been a nice young lady (so far, she is designed for the Thefts Guild Quest and the Dark Brotherhood if I can get myself to play though that line of quest again). My Imperial, Nord and Redguard did not have this problem, although I like this better as I get to play the minigame more this round and increase my skill faster.
 stoffe
06-30-2007, 1:36 PM
Question: Are the people of Cyrodiil speciesist?

I’m on my forth play through and at this point of the game no matter my species the people of Cyrodiil have always loved me, but as a little female Bosmer the people are not as friendly.

Some races dislike other races more than others, so in a way you can say they are speciesist. The mer races seems to be those with the strongest prejudices:

Dark Elves have a -10 disposition penalty towards Argonians and High Elves, and a -5 penalty towards Breton, Imperials, Khajiit, Nords, Redguards and Bosmer.

High Elves have a -10 disposition penalty towards Argonians, Dark Elves and Khajiit, and a -5 disposition penalty towards Breton, Imperials, Nords, Redguards and Bosmer.

Orcs have a -5 disposition penalty towards Argonians, Breton, Dark Elves, High Elves, Imperials, Khajiit, Nords, Redguards and Bosmer.

Redguards have a -5 disposition penalty towards Breton and Imperials.

Argonians, Breton, High Elves, Khajiit, Nord, Redguard and Bosmer have a +5 disposition bonus when dealing with those of the same race as their own.

How much fame and infamy you have affects the disposition of NPCs towards you as well. Fame grants disposition bonuses and Infamy grants disposition penalties for law abiding citizens, and the other way around for those who live outside the law.

Your Personality score also affects the disposition of others towards you, so if your current character has lower Personality than your earlier ones that might affect how you are treated.
 Cygnus Q'ol
07-02-2007, 2:11 PM
Oh, by the Nine Devines, I've become a blood-sucker. :sithk:

I've only had one dream so far, so I should be able to rid myself of this plague without too much trouble. I think it's only been one day.

However, this bodes an interesting avenue next time 'round.
Well, with this game, you never know.
Perhaps even later in this game I'll get the itch to explore Porphyric Hemophilia.

It's kinda funny. I contracted this on a Daedra Artifacts quest.
It's almost like I had no choice. I managed to stay away from the Vamps as best I could as I fought them in the cave, but somehow I was bitten.
Oh, well, they're all dead now. Time to get to church.

I think I've prayed more in this game than I have in real life lately.

...kinda sad.

Is it me or is the Dwarven armor and greaves awesome?
All I need now are the boots and gauntlets. (hint, hint)

I was using the Mythriil armor for less weight, but the gold Dwarven is swizzeet !!:)
 stoffe
07-02-2007, 2:35 PM
Oh, by the Nine Devines, I've become a blood-sucker. :sithk:

I've only had one dream so far, so I should be able to rid myself of this plague without too much trouble. I think it's only been one day.

Perhaps even later in this game I'll get the itch to explore Porphyric Hemophilia.

Being a vampire does have its advantages in Oblivion. If you keep it at stage 1 vampirism by feeding every day you won't take any sun damage by being outdoors during the day, and it does provide you with a Nighteye+DetectLife ability, some pretty useful resistances (Disease and Paralysis) along with a small attribute and skill boost. NPCs generally won't see that there is anything wrong with you and you can move and interact with people as usual in civilized areas (which is rather weird considering the downsides).

The only downsides are that you get more vulnerable to fire and that you suddenly look like you're 200 years old (or 2000 if you play as an elf), which is kind of annoying since you're not supposed to have any that noticeable appearance changes as a stage 1 vamp according to the in-game lore. You'll also have to feed once every day to stay at stage 1, though fortunately you don't have to kill your victims so it's enough to sneak up on a sleeping beggar during the night and feed on them.

Stage 2, 3 and 4 vampirism grants stronger bonuses and more spells, but will also make you take continuous damage while being outside during the day and will make NPCs take notice of your transformation and shy away from you, so generally I don't think those stages are worth it. Especially not if you play as an otherwise "good" character who's happened to become a victim of vampirism. :)

There is a (fairly long) quest that allows you to obtain a cure for vampirism and get turned back to normal. If you have the unpatched game (don't know how the X-box handles patches) you should do this before completing the game's main quest or there may be a bug that breaks the quest rendering you unable to complete it, essentially getting you stuck as a vampire forever. The quest results in a cure potion you can drink whenever you wish, so you can obtain the cure even if you don't want to stop being a vampire just yet. Once you've imbibed the cure you'll get immune to the disease and can't become a vampire again.

It's kinda funny. I contracted this on a Daedra Artifacts quest.
It's almost like I had no choice. I managed to stay away from the Vamps as best I could as I fought them in the cave, but somehow I was bitten.

You can get infected by that disease if you loot their corpses as well, they don't need to be alive to give you Porphyric Hemophilia.

Is it me or is the Dwarven armor and greaves awesome?
All I need now are the boots and gauntlets. (hint, hint)
I was using the Mythriil armor for less weight, but the gold Dwarven is swizzeet !!:)

If you want to collect a full set you should look around before leveling up too far. Since most NPCs (unfortunately) wear leveled armor in the unmodded game you're going to end up with even peasant farmers, marauders and highwaymen walking around in nothing but Daedric armor eventually. Quite ridiculous, but that's how the game is. :)

Marauder fortresses/caves and vampire lairs are usually good sources for heavy armor parts. Rockmilk Cave north of Leyawiin (just northeast of Borderwatch) is a pretty good spot to find lots of Marauders that are busy fighting bandits so you only have to deal with the stragglers. Barren Cave, right next to the road between the Imperial City and Cheydinhal (near the waterfall and lake) is a pretty good vampire lair that's fairly compact and contains two boss-level vampires who usually wear heavy armor. Like most places in the game everything respawns if you don't go there for 3 days, so they can be visited repeatedly.
 mimartin
07-02-2007, 3:54 PM
Thanks Stoffe, I really appreciate it, but I hate that you had to write a report of specieism within Cyrodiil. Got my fame up over 100 over the weekend and most everyone seems to love me again, except a few of those Dark Elves.

The first time I played the game I avoided vampires as much as you can in Cyrodiil. Now my favorite sport is Vampire hunting. My little Bosmer with her “Fire Me Up” blade (enchanted Fire sword) tear up the vampires around Cyrodiil. That occupation has made her a devout believer in the Nine’s.

There is a (fairly long) quest that allows you to obtain a cure for vampirism and get turned back to normal. If you have the unpatched game (don't know how the X-box handles patches) you should do this before completing the game's main quest or there may be a bug that breaks the quest rendering you unable to complete it, essentially getting you stuck as a vampire forever. The quest results in a cure potion you can drink whenever you wish, so you can obtain the cure even if you don't want to stop being a vampire just yet. Once you've imbibed the cure you'll get immune to the disease and can't become a vampire again.

Thanks again Stoffe, I was planning to try vampirism if I went through the Dark Brotherhood quest again. I’m not hooked up to Xbox Live so I wouldn’t have been happy doing the quest and remaining a vampire. You save me a lot of frustration, thanks. I’ll try it next time I start a new character before completing the main quest.
 Cygnus Q'ol
07-16-2007, 3:40 PM
I absolutely love this game and the plethora of avenues for character development. When I jumped off as a Redguard Knight, do-gooder type on the quest for emperor and lands, I had no idea of the magnitude of this game or the depth at which your character can achieve.

At first it was fulfilling quests and helping others while staying vigilant to the overall quest of elevating an emperor and staving off Daedric attacks. But, as I met and interacted with others, I found myself saying "Next time I play, I'm gonna be this, or next time I'm gonna do that..."

One thing is for certain. You can't do everything in one playthrough.

So, in keeping congruent to my now developed character, I will continue on the quest and stay true to form, a few liberties aside of course.
I will continue to master the blade and block. I will never tire of hunting vampires since ridding myself of this curse.
Although next time maybe...
Becomming a master armorer is within my grasp and my collection of armor and weapons is growing. The rarer the better.

Not much of a spellcaster and my alchemy is still in the infant stage, but I know enough to keep me going.

Elven armor suits me well for now and I fancy the glass weapons.
I do keep a silver sword handy, you know for ghosts and such.
When wandering or mountain climbing, the heavy stuff gets relaced by the near nakedness.

...there's something about running with the deer in my underwear.

Anyway, how does your character live in the world of Oblivion?
If I were to meet you on the Gold Road, what would I see?
 ChAiNz.2da
07-16-2007, 4:06 PM

Paahk partying with the goblins..

Mixing up some homebrew, "Man this stuff is gonna be strong" (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/oblivion/paahk-homebrew.png)
"C'mon buddy drink up, it's a fresh batch.." (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/oblivion/paahk-drinktothat.png)
"Dude, you ok? I told ya' to take it easy on the stuff...." (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/oblivion/paahk-uok.png)
Late night partying with the goblins..."yaaaawn" (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/oblivion/paahk-sleepy2.png)
"Whooaa.. that stuff was strong, I'm seeing trails..." (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/oblivion/paahk-trails.png)

A Lover, A Fighter, A Guy (err.. Demon) that will watch your back, or... stab it if he sees fit :devsmoke:

Slayer of Daedra, but would much rather drop-kick the annoying wolves in the face when he's trying to enjoy the scenery :fist:

Despises imps and will actively go hunting for them...

Will assassinate for loot, or retribution he deems fit to avenge (be it his cause or someone else he's taken a shine to)...

That sums Paahk up for the most part, though he's such a lush for the wines and blood (when it comes to feeding). I think he's bought every 415 & 399 vintage he comes across to store/drink.

The pics above are actually clothing (using an armor model). I much prefer enchanting clothing with "shield, fire shield, frost shield and/or shock shield" spells. Just as good (or better with elemental enchants) protection.. no weight, and you don't have to repair it ;)

Definitely like scimitars, comes from the DnD Drizzt days I guess... but if I go 'vanilla' then definitely silver (though daedric affects the undead/protected as well). As far as armor.. I don't fancy any of the cuirasses, but I'll usually go for ebony greaves, boots and gauntlets... (or Umbra's set).

Though the game doesn't require it.. I try to eat, sleep, etc as if a person "should" or feed 'regularly' when playing my vamp/demon characters. I own any house I can afford and tend to own them all eventually. Gold is insane in the higher levels so I have to spend it 'somewhere'. Thank goodness for pc mods... the property tax mod is slowly shying me away from this "house hoarding" hehehe...
 Aash Li
07-16-2007, 4:23 PM
I want to play this game, but my system runs it rather slow... I think if I had more ram it would be fine.
 stoffe
07-16-2007, 4:50 PM
I absolutely love this game and the plethora of avenues for character development. When I jumped off as a Redguard Knight, do-gooder type on the quest for emperor and lands, I had no idea of the magnitude of this game or the depth at which your character can achieve.

If you play as a Knight type character you should get the "Knights of the Nine" expansion plugin, it adds a new knight-ish quest line for you where you do Divine Crusader work for the Church of the Nine Divines. (And makes a lot of people call you "Sir Knight" when you talk to them, which can be a bit annoying of you otherwise aren't very knightly. :))

At first it was fulfilling quests and helping others while staying vigilant to the overall quest of elevating an emperor and staving off Daedric attacks. But, as I met and interacted with others, I found myself saying "Next time I play, I'm gonna be this, or next time I'm gonna do that..."

Even though you technically can do pretty much all the major plotlines in the game if you do things in the correct order it might be a bit contradictory to the personality of any character to do so. Especially the Dark Brotherhood quests since they are quite evil and twisted, and not something a good-natured character would willingly undertake for any reason. The Fighter's Guild and Mages' Guild plotlines give Fame points when you complete quests on them, while the Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood give infamy points, though the Thieves' Guild quest lines aren't exactly evil, just amoral.

Becomming a master armorer is within my grasp and my collection of armor and weapons is growing. The rarer the better.
Not much of a spellcaster and my alchemy is still in the infant stage, but I know enough to keep me going.
Elven armor suits me well for now and I fancy the glass weapons.
I do keep a silver sword handy, you know for ghosts and such.
When wandering or mountain climbing, the heavy stuff gets relaced by the near nakedness.

Being a master in Armory is pretty handy since you can repair weapons and armor to 125%, providing more damage and defense than normal, and you only need to drag around a single repair hammer.

You don't need silver or daedric weapons to hit ghosts if you enchant your normal weapon with magic. Weapons with an enchantment will always bypass normal weapons immunity even if the enchantment out of charges. If you don't have access to the Mages' Guild enchanting services you can use the sigil stones you get when closing Oblivion Gates to enchant weapons.

If you aren't doing the entire Mages' Guild plotline I'd recommend that you at least do enough of their quests to be allowed into the Arcane University to use the Enchanting and Spellmaking altars. They are pretty useful for customizing items and spells for your character.

...there's something about running with the deer in my underwear.

:)

My current character, Alyssa Moonlighter, is a Breton girl who's something of a Jill of All Trades. She looks rather petite, babyfaced and harmless, but looks certainly deceive in this case. :)

She's currently level 42 and is the Arch-Mage of Cyrodiil, Divine Crusader of the Church of the Nine Divines (who didn't seem to mind that she's also an Azura worshiper), Knight Sister of the Order of Blades, has recently found Mehrunes Electric Razor and have just become a neophyte Daedra Lord having shouldered the mantle of Sheogorath (making Sheogorath an Azura worshiper, which I suppose is madness in itself :)). Almost forgot that she's the Grand Champion of the Imperial Arena as well.

Generally good natured and helpful to those in need, though she can occasionally have a bit darker, more spiteful side if someone is very rude to her, which lead to something rather unpleasant (but usually non-fatal) happening to the offender. :)

She's currently half-way through the kingmaker plot (main quest), gathering reinforcements for Bruma and has closed 56 Oblivion gates. She is thinking about joining the fighter's guild for some more excitement. Her criminal record is clean as an Altmer's arse so far, without a single point of infamy and a respectable 176 Fame. She's never had any bounty on her head and have never murdered anyone (in the eyes of the legal system, though with a body count of 2000 I think the vampires, necromancers, marauders and bandits of Cyrodiil might disagree). She has done some nasty things she isn't proud of, but has taken care not to get linked to them by the law. :)

As a Jill of All Trades who enjoys to learn new things and try everything she's Master of all the magic schools, master of Blade, Block, Light armor, Sneak, Security, Armorer, Athletics and Acrobatics. She's currently expert level of Alchemy, Mercantile, Marksman and Hand-to-Hand combat. She's Journeyman level in Blunt weapons, Heavy Armor and Speechcraft.

Her adventurous life style has made her fairly wealthy with a nice big mansion outside the Imperial City, an impressive collection of rare and expensive weapons, armor and magical items, and 500 000 gp to her name.

Some random screenshots:

Wearing light armor:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4895/obchar4os1.th.jpg) (http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4895/obchar4os1.jpg) http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9094/obchar1mh8.th.jpg) (http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9094/obchar1mh8.jpg)

On the beach without armor:
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7641/obchar2sp7.th.jpg) (http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7641/obchar2sp7.jpg)

A bit younger, looking tiny next to a Dark Seducer daedra:
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7613/obchar3lo9.th.jpg) (http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7613/obchar3lo9.jpg)

Her home on the Imperial City isle:
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/3772/obcharhomebf5.th.jpg) (http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/3772/obcharhomebf5.jpg)
 mimartin
07-16-2007, 11:21 PM
If my little Wood Elf perceives you as an enemy you would never see her. You may merely hear the twinge of her bow or feel the breeze from her blade before you are dispatched to the Nines.

However since your character sounds like a loyal subject of the Cyrodiil you would meet Jewell (named after Jewel the singer because of the song “Hands” and the line “my hands are small.” It reminded me of the young Wood Elf as I designed her.) As of now she also lives life by the line “only kindness matters”.

Jewell looks a lot like Heinrich Oaken-Hull of Anvil little Bosmer wife Hasathil. Only Jewell has golden brown hair and a thinner face. She is comfortable wearing huntsman’s vest, huntsman’s pants and rough sandals or Chainmail Cuirass, Iron Greaves and Boots of the Olympian. She also always wears Leather Gauntlets except when entering hostile areas or remote areas where Gauntlets of Life Detection come in handy. Her only sense of fashion comes from the two cheap rings and necklace she wears. Everything not already enchanted is enchanted with Strength or Night-Eye. She also wears a Red-Dawn Hood enchanted with Strength to remind her of her failure to protect Jauffre during “Light the Drangonfires!” quest.

Her weapons of choice are an Ancient Akaviri Katana Blade enchanted with Fire called “Fire Me Up” or the “Bow of Voltage” with silver arrows. She is equally proficient at deposing of her enemy with either. At level thirteen she has a skill rating of 54 in Blade and 61 in Marksman (or should I say Markswoman). Although with a Sneak skill rating of 100 it rarely take more than one blow which explains her low Block rating of 54.

The acting Arch-Mage is not very skilled at Magic at the moment as I made those Major Skills and have reframed from using them. Jewell’s three highest major skills are Armorer 78, Block 54, and Alteration 51. Her three highest minor skills are Alchemy 100, Sneak 100 and Acrobats 84.

She has completed the main quest, Arena, the Fighters Guild quests and is now on the final showdown of the Mages Guild quests. She has also completed all the Daedric Quest she is leveled for but “Nocturnal.” Jewell has had one bounty on her head for an alleged assault on Countess Alessia Caro and her guest at a dinner party that she crashed. It was paid by a friendly castle guard thankfully. I just hope he was not expecting anything in return as Jewell is a proper young lady. Like Stoffe’s Alyssa Moonlighter my little Wood Elf does not have a single point of infamy. Right now her fame count is 137.

Like ChAiNz’s Paahk Jewell will assassinate for loot, first she strips those she deems enemies of Cyrodiil of their life and then she strips them of everything of value. She is not above dabbling in the dark arts if it gives her an advantage. She has been know to actively search for Black Soul Gem even going as far a creating her own and then using their unique abilities to her full advantage. Do not get on her bad side or you may find yourself enchanting her latest weapon (just ask Falcar).

She owns a black horse (when visible), but rarely rides. She rarely takes to the roads preferring to travel cross county. The beggars love her as she never passes one without giving them a piece of gold and never turns down anyone in need of help or revenge.

She owns homes in every town plus “Frostcrag Spire” and the “Thieves Den,” but is most comfortable in the wilderness ridding Cyrodiil of those that would do its citizens harm. She is patient and loves putting an arrow between the eyes of her enemy from great distance. However, she is not above hitting someone in the back of the head if the opportunity presents itself. She loves to spin the lawless head over heals from a good head shot. Her hobbies included hunting Vampires, Black Bows and Necromancers and takes long breaks from quests to fulfill these indulgences.

You can't do everything in one playthrough.

That is my goal on this playthrough. I’ve done everything, but all the Daedric Quest and Vampire Cure during my first three playthroughs. This time I’m even doing them. I did have a problem with the “Dark Brotherhood” quests, but she is designed to be a deadly assassin so I will give it another shot. Although information Stoffe gave earlier in this tread says I will not be able to complete the “Vampire Cure” quest so I guess I will not be able to do everything. Hate to start over as I have 99 hours invested in Jewell now.
 Trex
07-17-2007, 6:28 AM

You wouldn't. You would only see the arrow flying from the trees and through your head.

I was in there first day it was released for the 360 and I'm still playing it. It's usually a preference of mine to play through a RPG twice, first time as something honourable, second time as something evil (KOTOR was great for this). Since this is the second play through, I'm a little nasty.

As proud listener to the night mother, I always make sure to carry out her will once per week (see dark brotherhood quests). Taking Vicente's offer along the way, I am also a full blown vampire. It can be a bit of a pain in the rear at times, but once you get the hang of balancing your blood intake, the pros are great.

My main method of defeating the enemy is to creep through the shadows in my long black robe and matching hood, daedric bow in hand and landing one clean head shot (I play a lot of Hitman and like getting the 'silent assassin' rating). Apparently I'm rather good with a bow, since people often comment that I have the 'trained eyes of a marksman', and my skill is on 92.

Should you wish to seek my character out, you may find him residing at frostcrag spire high atop a mountain. I take this moment to add that on a clear day, the view from the roof is ridiculously good and really shows off the graphics.

In keeping with the manipulative assassin motif, Trex is also an expert in destruction, alteration and illusion, specifically so he can throw a few lighting bolts when running out of arrows (which coupled with the black robe/hood outfit makes him look very Sith), open any door no matter the difficulty, and persuade anyone to tell him anything.

Have a horse named Shadowmere and an assassin archer guarding my home. Don't mess with either, they will attack on sight (whether I want them to or not usually).

Notable possessions are rings allowing me to breath underwater and turn 60% invisible, a full set of Daedric armour for the big battles, and for some reason the wrist shackles I opened the game with. Don't know why, just seem to have an odd attachment to them.
 mimartin
07-18-2007, 1:04 PM
Stoffe, I love the amour you’ve created, but it leads me to a question. Does it show up on the statue built in the PC's honor?

Beautiful screen shots by the way.

Oblivion is a great game on the Xbox 360 with a HDTV, but I can see now that I need a better PC.
 stoffe
07-18-2007, 4:48 PM
Stoffe, I love the amour you’ve created, but it leads me to a question. Does it show up on the statue built in the PC's honor?

The light armor just a quick recoloring/reskin (to match her amulet) of the Amber armor the smith in Bliss in New Sheoth can create for you in the Shivering Isles. :)

Haven't gotten any statue yet in this game, but I can't see why it shouldn't work. The "statue" isn't so much a statue as a complete copy or your character (complete with all inventory, spells etc) with its animations frozen, the ghost/unconscious flags set and a texture shader applied. So it gets whatever you have (and sometimes equip things from your inventory that you didn't have on if the AI deems them better, or you didn't have anything in that equipment slot). :)
 Cygnus Q'ol
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Wow, I'm not nearly as far along as any of you guys.
I'm merely level 18. (...of my first ever playthrough)

I'm a Redguard, so I'm naurally resistant to illness and poisons.
I can no longer contract Porphyric Hemophillia, thank the Nines.
...nasty business that was.

My strengths are geared toward fighting. I've reached expert status in Blade. Block, heavy armor, light armor, athletics and armorer are not far behind. I'll be glad when I don't have to hoard repair hammers anymore.

My endurance is at 100 and my strength is almost 90. This is excellent for me since my athletics allow me to maneuver, fight and jump while carrying alot.
...and when I strip down, look out!

Restoration is really the highest magicka skill I have. I'm interested to learn how to enchant weapons and armor. Mages Guild should help.

I own just one house so far. Right now I'm just taking on quests and stacking my loot. Maybe later I'll settle down and purchase property.
Is there any other reason besides storage to do so?
It's funny 'cause in my current house I've filled the cupboard with all of the different meats and veggies I could find. Bowls on my table are filled with different fruits. I even have a few pumpkins and watermelons lying around.

I love this game.

Hold your horse there Trex, :)
With my Aegis rings and Ebony get-up, one arrow is hardly a threat, even if it does have a little shock to it.
My only advise to you, if choosing to engage me, would be to run away. Run far and as fast as you can for I have never met my match in joust or duel.

I have plenty of jewelry and potions to sense invisible threats and to absorb or reflect spells cast in my direction. But, there is no defense for my Blade once engaged.

Speaking of, I'm always on the lookout for the next best blade.
What is the best sword(un-enchanted) that can be found? Ebony or Umbra swords have come up in conversation. Love to get my gauntlets on those.
I'm still using the Elven longsword, Glass Longsword and Akaviri-Dai Katana at times.
I can carry a quite a few without trouble, so I keep a small selection for different situations. Occasionally, I will use a shield, boosts my defense.

Black Soul Gems. :afro1:
Sounds like an R&B band from the seventy's.
Didn't they open up for The Commodores in 1978? :)

...anyway,
is there a special place they can be found, or do they show up on inventory lists once I get to a certain level?

I know all of you were worried sick, but I did finally find my horse so you can all get some sleep now. :)
 stoffe
07-25-2007, 2:16 PM
I'm a Redguard, so I'm naurally resistant to illness and poisons.
I can no longer contract Porphyric Hemophillia, thank the Nines.
...nasty business that was.

Diseases and poisons are mostly nuisances though once you get some cure poison and cure disease spells, and Porphyric Homophilia is pretty mild unless you go for 3 days without a cure and sleep. :)

Still, being immune to diseases is pretty nice though since there are so many sources you can contract them from. Seems to be some bug though that makes you catch a disease occasionally even with 100% Disease resistance.

My endurance is at 100 and my strength is almost 90. This is excellent for me since my athletics allow me to maneuver, fight and jump while carrying alot.
...and when I strip down, look out!

If you want to be really buff I suggest you save the Oghma Infinium book you get as a reward from doing Hermaeus Mora's Daedric Shrine quest until you've maxed out your strength, and then pick the Path of Steel when reading the book (which, among other things, give a +10 Strength bonus). If I recall correctly it's one of the few sources that may bump your natural strength above 100 permanently (all ability scores are capped at 100 for normal leveling up, but may be elevated above it through other means). :)

Restoration is really the highest magicka skill I have. I'm interested to learn how to enchant weapons and armor. Mages Guild should help.

Once you've been given recommendations from the guild halls in all the other towns in Cyrodiil you will be allowed into the Arcane University. There you can find Spellmaking and Enchanting altars in some of the buildings around the inner courtyard. When enchanting items you use a soul gem to power the enchantment. You should stock up on some Black or Grand Soul Gems for that.

I own just one house so far. Right now I'm just taking on quests and stacking my loot. Maybe later I'll settle down and purchase property.
Is there any other reason besides storage to do so?

A safe place to sleep and storage are the main advantages of the standard houses you can buy in the game.

There are some quests and mini-quests related to some of the homes. The one in Benirus Manor in Anvil is the most obvious, but there are some perks to other houses as well. In Skingrad you can get a maid that bakes some unique sweetrolls for you, and you can find a unique enchanted ring if you explore the loft in the upper bedroom. :)

With my Aegis rings and Ebony get-up, one arrow is hardly a threat, even if it does have a little shock to it.

The highest version of the Hatred's Soul bow (a semi-unique leveled Daedric Bow you can always find through one of the Oblivion Gate worlds, the one where you spawn below a leaning tower if you turn around), firing enchanted poisoned arrows, fired with maxed Sneak Attack damage, can pack quite a punch. Though perhaps not enough to instakill a character with decent health and armor, but well over 100 damage with one shot. :)

I have plenty of jewelry and potions to sense invisible threats and to absorb or reflect spells cast in my direction. But, there is no defense for my Blade once engaged.

100% reflect damage would essentially mean immunity to melee weapons, though arrows and spells could still hurt you. :)

Speaking of, I'm always on the lookout for the next best blade.
What is the best sword(un-enchanted) that can be found? Ebony or Umbra swords have come up in conversation.

Umbra already has an enchantment, but it's the longsword with the highest base damage in the game. You can find it inside the Vin Diesel Ayleid ruin to the southwest of the Imperial City just along the ring road. It's part of Clavicus Vile's daedric shrine quest though (which you can pick up the nearby woods), so I'd save claiming it until you're on that quest.

Other good unique (but already enchanted) blades are Goldbrand (reward for Boethia's Daedric shrine quest) and Ebony Blade (reward for Mephala's Daedric Shrine quest - not to be confused with standard Ebony Swords). If you have the Knights of the Nine plugin the Crusader's Sword is pretty good as well.

Pretty much all of the unique weapons in the game are already enchanted. The best unenchanted swords you can get are probably standard Daedric ones (that you'll eventually drown in once every peasant, bandit and highwayman in Cyrodiil comes equipped with them due to the autoleveling of loot. Weapons that according to lore should be so expensive and rare that it'd take half the fortune of a small noble house to afford even one of them. :roleyess:)

If you have the Shivering Isles expansion the "Perfect" variety of Madness and Amber swords (that you can make by bringing Amber/Madness Ore to the smiths in Bliss and Crucible) is a bit better than (normal) Daedric swords. Those are leveled though so I think you need to be above level 20 to get the Perfect variety.

I'm still using the Elven longsword, Glass Longsword and Akaviri-Dai Katana at times.
I can carry a quite a few without trouble, so I keep a small selection for different situations. Occasionally, I will use a shield, boosts my defense.

Shields are very useful in TES4:Oblivion. Not only can they block incoming blows and arrows, reducing the damage taken by quite a lot (in addition to the Defense/Armor bonus they provide), they also make the attacker briefly recoil, breaking any attack flurry, at higher Block levels you can also bash enemies with the shield when attacked, making them stagger for a few seconds during which they are unable to attack or block themselves, and sometimes even disarm enemies while blocking their blows.

My characters always use shields, even though I've made an invisible "shield bracer" for my current sorceress character instead to look a bit more stylish. :)

is there a special place they can be found, or do they show up on inventory lists once I get to a certain level?

Necromancers occasionally carry them, but they play a fairly large role in the Mage's Guild main quest. Your best supply would be to make them yourself though. As part of that quest you will come across a number of Necromancer altars outside some of the Fort ruins scattered across Cyrodiil. Once per week, during the night, a pink beam of light will shine down upon those altars from the sky. If you place a Grand Soul Gem on the altar and cast any Soul Trap spell on the altar the Grand Soul Gem will be transformed into a Black Soul Gem. You will come across the instructions for this during the Mage's Guild questline, but the altars should be there and be operational even if you don't do those quests.

The Fort with an altar that's easiest to reach and find is Fort Istirus found just to the south of the road (down the slope towards the river) roughly halfway between Skingrad and Kvatch, just southeast of the Miscarcand Ayleid ruin. But there are other such forts in various locations throughout the wilderness. Look for white stone altars with banners with the Necromancy symbol draped over them.
 mimartin
07-25-2007, 2:51 PM
Sounds like an R&B band from the seventy's.
Didn't they open up for The Commodores in 1978? :)

...anyway,

Black Soul Gems are a little more sinister than The Commodores. More likely they would open for Marilyn Manson or Ozzy Osborne.

You can find them in Necromancer hangouts (if you are extremely lucky) and you can even learn to create them in the Mages Guild quest. To use them you do have to stretch your morals.

I got lucky on this play through and found one in a Necromancer hangout at level 2 or 3.

I am unsure about the best blade. I use the same sword through the entire game and just add an enchantment to it. Although I don’t care about the appearance of my little Wood Elf, I do care about the way her sword looks.

I’ve been running around exploring and hunting the last few days. I also decided that Jewell needed to do a little reading and further her education. Have you actually read the guides to the cities? I can’t believe I had to ask Stoffe if there was racism is Cyrodiil. Once my little Wood Elf joins the Dark Brotherhood she may have to pay another visit to the author. I found her home in the Imperial City and I was not above exploring it. Funny for someone that speaks of the evils of wine, she certainly had a large number of bottles and even one on the floor by the bed. Perhaps I will pay a visit when I join the Thieves Guild too. I think she is in for a rude awakening.

You will come across the instructions for this during the Mage's Guild questline, but the altars should be there and be operational even if you don't do those quests.

The altars are there and are operational. The hardest thing is finding empty Grand Soul Gems at lower levels.
 stoffe
07-25-2007, 4:03 PM
You can find them in Necromancer hangouts (if you are extremely lucky) and you can even learn to create them in the Mages Guild quest. To use them you do have to stretch your morals.

I got lucky on this play through and found one in a Necromancer hangout at level 2 or 3.

Black Soul Gems can be found as random necromancer boss level loot, i.e. there is a chance that any "Necomancer Adept" may be carrying them. The necromancers you are required to kill as part of Meridia's daedric shrine quest also count as "boss" necromancers for this purpose. Those seem to be the only place in the game where you can pick up Black Soul Gems outside of quests, aside from making them yourself at the altars (I just checked in the construction set to be sure :)).

I am unsure about the best blade. I use the same sword through the entire game and just add an enchantment to it. Although I don’t care about the appearance of my little Wood Elf, I do care about the way her sword looks.

Best blade depends on what you consider best... raw base damage, durability, swing speed, existing enchantments etc. A general rule is that the higher the base damage the heavier the weapon. Weapon types with high base damage (hammers, axes, claymores, generally two-handed weapons) usually also swing considerably slower. Blunt weapons tend to swing slower than bladed for some reason. Daggers swing the quickest, roughly 40% faster than a longsword.

The weapons with the highest base damage in the game are the Bound Daedric Claymore (which you get by casting a Bound Sword spell), Nerveshatter (a hammer you get in Shivering Isles) and Perfect Amber Warhammers. Those all have a base damage of 29.

One step down you have Daedric Warhammers, Shadowrend (a War Axe or Claymore you can get in Shivering Isles) and Umbra (unique longsword related to Clavicus Vile's shrine quest), with a base damage of 28.

At 27 base damage you have Perfect Madness Claymores.

At 26 base damage you have Ebony Warhammers, Daedric Claymores, Daedric Battle Axes.

At 25 base damage you have Perfect Madness longswords (SI), Perfect Amber swords (SI), Dawnfang/Duskfang (artifact longsword in Shivering Isles) and Goldbrand (unique Katana reward from Boethia's shrine quest).

At 24 you have normal daedric longswords, glass warhammers, Ebony claymores, Ebony Battleaxes, Daedric maces, the best Hatred's Soul (semi-unique leveled daedric bow).

Thus, the best unenchanted sword you can get from a damage standpoint would be the Bound Daedric Claymore, but since you can only keep it while the spell is in effect (unless you cheat :)) that kind of loses the point of it being unenchanted.

The second best unenchanted sword you can actually keep would be Perfect Madness Claymores, but those requires you to have the Shivering Isles expansion pack. The best unenchanted one-handed swords would be the Amber/Madness longswords, but those also require the expansion. If you don't then standard Daedric Claymores/Longswords are the best unenchanted weapons you can find.

I’ve been running around exploring and hunting the last few days. I also decided that Jewell needed to do a little reading and further her education. Have you actually read the guides to the cities? I can’t believe I had to ask Stoffe if there was racism is Cyrodiil.

Those books are actually quite interesting to read, reveals quite a bit of lore and backstory of the world. My character collects any books she comes across and currently has one copy of every book available in the game in her library. I haven't read them all yet, but most of them I have. :)

Alessia Ottus (the City Guide author) is quite a religious zealot and imperial upperclass snoot. You can find her wandering around in the Imperial City (usually in the temple district) if you want to have a word with her. :)

There are a bunch of other books where the authors have rather... interesting... views on things that are going on as well.

Once my little Wood Elf joins the Dark Brotherhood she may have to pay another visit to the author. I found her home in the Imperial City and I was not above exploring it.

If you want to get rid of someone with an unblemished criminal record a Frenzy spell is the most entertaining way of doing it. They apparently don't count as a hostile action so you won't get an assault bounty for casting it on someone, and it usually makes them go berserk and attack anyone nearby, resulting in all the City Watch/Town guards in the vicinity chasing after them and cutting them down. :)

Funny for someone that speaks of the evils of wine, she certainly had a large number of bottles and even one on the floor by the bed. Perhaps I will pay a visit when I join the Thieves Guild too. I think she is in for a rude awakening.

It's probably for "educational purposes" so she can see first-hand the evil it brings. :p

Might be a good house to keep in mind for the Thieves Guild quests since they require you to steal and fence off a bunch of things before you can progress along the main questline on occasion. :)

The altars are there and are operational. The hardest thing is finding empty Grand Soul Gems at lower levels.

Oh, ok. I usually do the Mage's Guild quests very early to get access to spellmaking/enchanting so I haven't gotten any Grand Soul Gems by then to try it out. Good to know though. :)
 Cygnus Q'ol
08-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Bannished from the Fighter's Guild.
What ever am I to do?

I really don't remember stealing anything from them but, that's what they all keep telling me. They also tell me to go see someone named Vilena Donton.

I've been to her house in Chorrol and waited quite a while, but I can't seem to catch up with her. Is there somewhere she hangs out? I need to talk to her right away.

I've found the ring of perfection and I won't take it off. :)
10 points for everything. YEAH !!! My personality and inteligence, that were lacking a bit, are now acceptable.
Strength, speed and endurance are now over 100, look out. Especially now since I'm an expert in Blade, Armorer and heavy armor.
Almost there in Block.

It's kinda weird being able to move faster, jump higher and carry more weight while wearing heavier armor than simple clothing.

I've moved on to Daedric Armor and Claymore and have been quite effectve at combat. I close gates for fun.:)

Speaking of, on the Aid For Bruma quest, I've closed gates and received aid from every township except Imperial City. When I try to talk to Whateverhisnameis in Imperial City, he doesn't engage in conversation allowing me to inquire about the Aid For Bruma quest.

On my current quest list, Aid for Bruma has vanished. I thought it was a result of me finishing the last city's gate. But, it doesn't show up in the completed list either.

I returned and spoke with Jauffre, however there's no Aid for Bruma topic when I converse with him either. It's like it just dissappeared.

Oh, well. Maybe it's like my horse. It'll just show up again one day.
There's plenty or me to do now anyway. But, isn't Aid for Bruma a main story quest?
 stoffe
08-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I really don't remember stealing anything from them but, that's what they all keep telling me. They also tell me to go see someone named Vilena Donton.

The game's crime system is pretty touchy when it comes to "stealing". It's enough that you move an object that's considered owned by someone else for you to be slapped with theft charges, you don't actually need to add it to your inventory.

Vilena Donton is the Guildmaster of the Fighter's Guild. She spends most of the days in her office at the top floor of the Fighter's Guild Hall in Chorrol.

(As an aside about the quirky crime system: I don't know if they've fixed it, but at least before your horse was also counted as a member of any faction you are, so if you attacked your horse it would count as assault against a faction member and you'd get expelled from all the guilds.)

10 points for everything. YEAH !!! My personality and inteligence, that were lacking a bit, are now acceptable.
Strength, speed and endurance are now over 100, look out. Especially now since I'm an expert in Blade, Armorer and heavy armor. Almost there in Block.

That ring is indeed pretty nice. Did you find the Circlet of Omnipotence in the chest in the area up in the mountains the Countess of Bruma sends you on a treasure hunting mission? It's also a pretty nice ring that gives a bonus to a bunch of abilities, though not quite as good as the Ring of Perfection.

If you use other Skill-boosting items, keep in mind that you'll only be granted Apprentice/Journeyman/Expert/Master perks of the feats when your natural skill level reaches the required level, items don't count towards that.

It's kinda weird being able to move faster, jump higher and carry more weight while wearing heavier armor than simple clothing.

Don't know if armor does hinder your ability to move about somewhat anyway. The perks claim you won't get encumbered with it any more, though I couldn't jump up onto the battlements of Cloud Ruler Temple from the outside while wearing a Light Cuirass, but when I took it off I could. (Some impregnable fortress where you can just jump up onto the walls from the outside. :)) Might have been some other circumstance that cause that though.

I've moved on to Daedric Armor and Claymore and have been quite effectve at combat. I close gates for fun.:)

I just managed to close all 50 of the gates, plus the Town-specific gates in my game, so I don't have any more to close unless I allow them to re-open again (which I've disabled with a mod since it spoils your sense of accomplishment). Still got a truckload of Daedric gear (using another mod where only Dremora Valkynaz can drop Daedric armor in the game, no one else) and loads of sigil stones as souvenirs. :)

Speaking of, on the Aid For Bruma quest, I've closed gates and received aid from every township except Imperial City. When I try to talk to Whateverhisnameis in Imperial City, he doesn't engage in conversation allowing me to inquire about the Aid For Bruma quest.

I think you can only speak to High Chancellor Ocato about that at a particular time of the day. But I wouldn't bother, he'll just essentially say that the Legions are tied down in the Provinces and that the Empire has no troops to spare for the defense of Bruma. I don't think you can get any aid from the Guilds either even though the quest suggests it. You can get troops from all the towns + Kvatch though if you help them out by closing the unique gates that appear outside each town.

On my current quest list, Aid for Bruma has vanished. I thought it was a result of me finishing the last city's gate. But, it doesn't show up in the completed list either.
I returned and spoke with Jauffre, however there's no Aid for Bruma topic when I converse with him either. It's like it just dissappeared.

Hmm, weird. Check outside the castle in Bruma though, if there are lot of troops from all over Cyrodiil camping there you should probably be in the clear even if the quest has vanished, and they'll help protect Martin during the Great Gate battle. (Regarding that battle it's also worth noting that Jauffre and Baurus no longer are listed as Essential and thus can be killed (permanently) there, so it might be a good idea to try to keep them alive for some extra dialog later.)

Oh, well. Maybe it's like my horse. It'll just show up again one day.
There's plenty or me to do now anyway. But, isn't Aid for Bruma a main story quest?

It's a main quest side quest, sort of. The main quest can proceed even if you don't get any help from any of the other cities, but chances are that Dagon's daedra will slaughter the Bruma city guard and the Blades fairly quickly and you'll have trouble keeping Martin alive long enough before the Great Gate opens (though that depends on what level you are by the time you do that battle).
 mimartin
08-07-2007, 2:40 PM
Bannished from the Fighter's Guild.
What ever am I to do?

Yea, Jewell just got the boot from the Mage’s Guild for allegedly stealing from a fellow wizard. I guess she can’t really deny it since she was caught red handedly. I just found the ordeal kind of strange that she was striped of her membership while allowing the same wizard to beat her upside her head.

Also found it funny that the Arch-mage could be kicked out without any type of due process. Raminus Polus let her back in after she wondered around the woods picking a few flowers for him. She cheated and purchased some from the locals.

10 points for everything.

I haven’t found that yet, but I will keep my eyes open because that sounds good.

It does that on the Xbox 360, go look outside the castle in Bruma and see if the aid is there. There should be tents set up with soldiers from the different cities wandering around.

Cygnus Q’ol if you are doing the entire Daedric Quests there is a glitch in the nonpatched game concerning the Clavicus Vile quest. I will not say more, but there is a work around and you can complete the quest before the game locks up. Just remember to save before you are given the Quest. The work around caused me to perform a murder, so I’ve got four now.

Did you find the Circlet of Omnipotence in the chest in the area up in the mountains the Countess of Bruma sends you on a treasure hunting mission? It's also a pretty nice ring that gives a bonus to a bunch of abilities, though not quite as good as the Ring of Perfection.

I love the Circlet of Omnipotence early in the game. However I get frustrated wandering around the valley floor jumping through all the hoops to get it.

Circlet of Omnipotence and the Ring of the Grey come in handy early in the game.

I set this PC the way you suggested in another thread Stoffe and at level 21 I’ve already mastered Alchemy, Armorer, Blade, Mercantile, Security and Sneak. I’m also an expert at Speechcraft, Marksman, Athletics and Acrobatics. My magic skills have suffered as all but Restoration are major skills.

I’ve completed the Main Quest, Fighters Guild Quests, Mages Guild Quests, Thieves Guild Quests and all but Hermaeus Mora quest in the Daedric Quests. I’m taking Stoffe’s advice and waiting till my strength is at a natural 100 before starting that quest. I plan on just wandering around Cyrodiil gaining skills before completing it and then proceeding on to the Dark Brotherhood Quests.

It's probably for "educational purposes" so she can see first-hand the evil it brings. :p

Might be a good house to keep in mind for the Thieves Guild quests since they require you to steal and fence off a bunch of things before you can progress along the main questline on occasion. :)

Alessia Ottus is now on the wagon. I cleaned out her place as a member of the Thieves Guild. I keep going back and stealing all the food that keeps reappearing in the home. Needless to say the family must be eating out a lot, although I have no clue how she is paying for it as I pickpocket her every chance I get.

Also guess I should stay on the roadways more, I just found Barren Cave and Horn Cave for the first time in all my playthroughs. I thought Rockmilk Cave was the best for loot until now.

May shadows hide you.
Page: 1 of 2