Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with merging head and body

Page: 1 of 1
 Sir Palamides
05-08-2007, 4:56 PM
I wanted to merge the head and the body of a model (one of the partymembers)
and so, I first imported the body model (tried it in 3dsmax and gmax) and then I imported the head. but then I was not able to move the head and the face was not at the right position. when I include the head without importing the body first, there is no problem. The same thing happens when I import two bodys for example (thats not what I want to do though)

Does anyone know why and how I can fix it?

btw: sorry for my bad english...
 Sir Palamides
05-09-2007, 6:17 AM
I have found a way to do it....so don't care aboout it:D
 LORD SPARTAN
05-09-2007, 9:02 AM
I have found a way to do it....so don't care aboout it:D

I am intriged with your project, could you upload a screenshot to see how you did it please. I tried learning the way of merging and I guess it could help me alot. Thanks
 ChAiNz.2da
05-09-2007, 9:56 AM
I am intriged with your project, could you upload a screenshot to see how you did it please. I tried learning the way of merging and I guess it could help me alot. Thanks
You should check out Kah's tutorial here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167221)

He really went into alot of detail (with screenies ;) )
 LORD SPARTAN
05-09-2007, 1:57 PM
You should check out Kah's tutorial here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167221)

He really went into alot of detail (with screenies ;) )

I know I just want to see his by curiosity, beacause Kha said it may not work for heads.

Also, I ask Kha if he could wrote this tutorial for people like me who suck with GMax or 3DS Max and to be honest, I never got to understand it completly, lets say I understand 3/4 of it. For me it was a big breakthrough. :lol:
 Sir Palamides
05-09-2007, 5:21 PM
I think I cant't help you, I just found out how to import more than one model (without having errors)in gmax/3dsm and put them together (NOT MERGING, I still don't know how to do that...)
 oldflash
05-10-2007, 2:42 AM
Because of tools that are available for model compile I dont think is anyone who can combine head with body and use result in kotor or tsl without loosing animations. So this project could work for create a placeable / statue or
prerenderized scene
Page: 1 of 1