Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gears of War and Halo 2 For PC

Page: 1 of 1
 Ghost Down
05-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Who else can't wait for them?! Halo 2 is gonna be released this month and GoW somewhere in the future, hehe..

- Ghost Down
 Sabretooth
05-09-2007, 12:13 AM
I would have gotten Halo 2, because I do not have an Xbox. I played Halo on my PC and have been waiting for H2 for a long time and that's when Microsoft throws in their bomb - No Vista, No H2. So while I was waiting so long for H2,I'll need a Vista to play it. That friggin sucks.

Can't wait for people to get those XP Patches rollin'! :D

As for GoW, I'm rooting for that one too. It's gonna take a while, since Epic is now working on UT3.
 Ghost Down
05-09-2007, 6:29 AM
UT3?! Cool!

As for H2. No prob. I got Vista Ultimate installed :P

- Ghost Down
 Commander Obi-Wan
07-27-2007, 1:20 PM
Just to updated those who are interested.

Check at http://pc.ign.com/objects/670/670283.html)

They have some videos and and Q&A that are relatively new. Lucky for those who are getting it. You guys get to fight the Brumak. :(
 JediKnight707
07-27-2007, 7:41 PM
Yeah when I heard that you needed Vista to play H2, I was really bummed. Although H2 was a little overrated in my opinion (don't shoot me!).

Hope GoW isn't the same!
 Reclaimer
07-27-2007, 10:15 PM
The Halo 2 for Vista only is lame. I hear XP patches are around the corner so people who don't own Vista can enjoy Halo 2.

I hear Gears of War will feature different/more content then Xbox 360 did. Anyone else here that? That'd be cool to fight harder enemies, and online play should be awesome too.

But only time will tell.
 Commander Obi-Wan
07-28-2007, 12:44 PM
I hear Gears of War will feature different/more content then Xbox 360 did. Anyone else here that?

If you took the time to look at the other five posts, you'd have noticed that somebody posted something regarding that. ;)
 Reclaimer
07-28-2007, 1:01 PM
If you took the time to look at the other five posts, you'd have noticed that somebody posted something regarding that. ;)

Oh...

Thanks Commander Obi-Wan!
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-28-2007, 2:09 PM
I hear Gears of War will feature different/more content then Xbox 360 did. Anyone else here that? That'd be cool to fight harder enemies, and online play should be awesome too.

On a interview for Eurogamer, Cliff Bleszinsky, told the reporter that there would have "20% more content on the PC version: With five new chapters that are equal to one entire act. And there won't be any expansion pack for the 360 that adds those new content because the PC GoW version uses a different version of the Unreal 3 engine, and that would be difficulty to code for the 360".
 Reclaimer
07-29-2007, 7:56 PM
On a interview for Eurogamer, Cliff Bleszinsky, told the reporter that there would have "20% more content on the PC version: With five new chapters that are equal to one entire act. And there won't be any expansion pack for the 360 that adds those new content because the PC GoW version uses a different version of the Unreal 3 engine, and that would be difficulty to code for the 360".

Well, that sucks. New content for the 360 would be great, seeing as its starting to die down with the repetitive small maps. It's good though to see that they don't use the same game for all systems, and they at least try to give players a different experience.

I'm really looking forward to this game on the PC now.
Page: 1 of 1