Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Error Exporting from Gmax

Page: 1 of 1
 Robb Stark
05-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Hey. I am new to modeling but thanks to the information available through this site I have successfully modified a KotOR2 item model in gmax (a mask) and have a texture that seems to fit like I want, but when I go to export from gmax, I get the following error:

--Runtime error: Feature not available: "createFile"

The Listener recorded the following:

-- Error occurred in export_start()
-- Frame:
-- bSanityCheck: undefined
-- str: undefined
-- node: $AuroraBase:I_Mask_001 @ [0.000000,0.000000,0.000000]
-- model_name: "I_Mask_001"
-- mdlextn: "mdl"
-- strCmd: undefined
-- doanim: false
-- called in btn_export_noanims()
-- Frame:

I have the NWmax window-thingy open and have the AuroraBase selected under the 'Modify' tab.

I click Export Geom only and the error box comes up.

If anyone knows whether this is a problem with gmax or my NWmax installation and/or how to fix it, I'd appreciate it.
 tk102
05-10-2007, 2:56 PM
I moved this thread from the T3M4 forum because our resident Gmax experts frequent Holowan a bit more often.
 oldflash
05-11-2007, 2:37 AM
Try to use nwmax v0.7
Also for starting gmax use nwmax shortcut from desktop (is a green one).
 svцsh
05-16-2007, 4:07 PM
Like old flash said use nwmax v0.7 ;) , nwmax v0.8 causes too many Sanity errors.
Also rename the AuroraBase I_Mask_001 to something like ex: I_Mask_029 unless you want to Overwrite I_Mask_001. You would have to update the number on your custom .UTI to reflect the changes using mod Var 29 and the .UTI 's new name being the Item code of your new mask as I_Mask_029, and don't forget the icon that would be named ii_mask_029.
Page: 1 of 1