Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wiccan symbols OK on soldiers' graves

Page: 1 of 1
 Dagobahn Eagle
04-27-2007, 8:40 AM
CNN source (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/23/wiccan.grave.ap/index.html)

Personally, I applaud the decision. You should have the right to put whatever you want to on your tombstone, be it Wiccan pentagrams, Buddhist swastikas, or Christian crosses. Your decision, as long as it's not too much on the side of deliberate insult.
 JediMaster12
04-27-2007, 12:30 PM
I agree with you Dagobah Eagle about the right to put the pentacle star on the tombstone. We are supposed to be the land of the free and under the first ammendment we have separation of church and state. I see it as merely honoring that what the soldier believed in throughout. Even though he's dead, it's still like forcing someone to be somethign they are not.
 Allronix
04-29-2007, 5:54 AM
BRAVO! Some of these guys finally figuring out we exist, we're not Satanists, and we aren't going away. Bravo to them for respecting a man's beliefs and those of his family and coven.
 Jae Onasi
04-29-2007, 9:25 AM
I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea to disallow different symbols, but I think it's a good idea they respect all faith groups.
 ExiledFish
05-05-2007, 8:07 PM
Coming from a Wiccan family I think this is really good. Though my mum is being cremated and then spread all over the place if i was a soldier and chose to be buried I could rest in piece instead of haunt my family for having a Christian cross on my tomb stone.

Different religion different symbol some people still want to be buried and have there beliefs shown. Soldiers especially deserve it.

Who made it so it was not aloud in the first place? They should be shot.

May I Note: Must Wiccans are cremated though.
 lord ignarn
05-11-2007, 4:44 PM
Thatґs a good new, a tolerance way that maybe before wasnґt considered. The religions must be seen as a integrating thing, no one should be discriminated because of her/his religion or lack of it.
Page: 1 of 1