Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

autobalance 2da multipliers

Page: 1 of 1
 Robb Stark
04-25-2007, 10:06 AM
I need a little help. I'm trying to boost the difficulty of the three Sith Lords a bit and I'm wondering what exactly the multipliers in the autobalance.2da are mutliplying.

The three Sith Lords get Set_5 which is as follows

vpmult = .80 * X1
tohitmult = 1.1 * X2
armormult = 1 * X3
damagemult = .175 * X4 (possibly computed as 1.175 * X4???)
savemult = 1.05 * X5
crmod = 4 * X6 (I suspect this is their base CR of 20 PLUS 4)
levelmult = .75 * X7

Basically I'm looking for what exactly the game uses for X1, X2,...,X7.

I'm guessing that X7 is the player character's level, multiplied by .75, which then affects all the other values based on the creature's class. Are those level-based values then multiplied further by the other multipliers in autobalance.2da to arrive at their current in-game stats? Do they multiply before combat--before items and feats--or are they "live"? Does damagemult multiply base damage potential or the actual damage roll? etc.

So many questions... :)

I'm not expecting any definite answers, but if somebody can enlighten me even a little bit, I'd appreciate it.
 tk102
04-25-2007, 8:31 PM
Sorry I don't have specific answers to your questions, but have you taken a look at Achilles' Game Balance mod (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=147135)?) The major tweaks in that mod are based upon autobalance.2da.

Beancounter and stoffe added their observations to that mod's thread that may be of some use to you, not to mention Achilles' readme.txt file.
 Robb Stark
04-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Thank you, that helped.
Page: 1 of 1