Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A little help? (.cfg file)

Page: 1 of 1
 HouseOfAmon
04-11-2007, 5:17 PM
I installed a mod, everything works fine and all, but the stupid mod keeps overwriting my custom binds, and its really, really, really, making me MAD, I have to keep rebinding the keys every time I play it...

Hope someone knows what I'm talking about here, and can help.. The mod is the jedi outcast conversion mod, if that helps any....

Peace..

Btw, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.. :(
 Tinny
04-11-2007, 5:45 PM
Instead of putting it in gamedata/base why don't you put it in a seperate mod folder and load it from there?
 HouseOfAmon
04-11-2007, 6:20 PM
It already is in its own folder, sorta, its a total conversion mod, I will show you how its installed, see if you can explain what I should do..

1. I had to copy the assets.pk3 files from jedi outcast to the jedi academy base folder, they are renamed of course, 0_assets.pk3, 0_assets1.pk3, etc,..

2. The mods folder and batch file are in gamedata, so its gamedata\launch.bat, and gamedata\JO_JA\... Most of the mods files are in the folder JO_JA...

3. Another file JO_JABase.pk3 is in the base folder..

So should I just put everything mentioned above, but the .bat file in the JO_JA folder in gamedata, then leave the .bat file in the gamedata folder?

Peace..

PS. I should note that its not overwriting all of my custom binds, only 3 of them, and its using an obvious custom bind, here is one of them..

bind "1" "addsaberstyle fast;addsaberstyle medium;addsaberstyle strong;addsaberstyle tavion;addsaberstyle desann;weapon 1;"

So this is something the mod author did, its not just defaulting my .cfg, its changing it..

Hope that helps clear it up..
 Tinny
04-11-2007, 7:53 PM
I think you placed everything in the right place, if you don't want that bind overwriting your controls just comment out that part (put a // in front) of the cfg or you can get rid of that line entirely if you are comfortable with it.
 HouseOfAmon
04-13-2007, 1:11 PM
if you don't want that bind overwriting your controls just comment out that part (put a // in front) of the cfg or you can get rid of that line entirely if you are comfortable with it.

Thats the problem, I can't, it makes a new .cfg file in the mods folder everytime I start the mod, it is taking my game .cfg file, and using it, but, it is changing some of my binds, it does this every time I play it...

So no amount of editing will fix this, as it just overwrites anything I change the next time I play the mod..

I am guessing that this is scripted somehow, some script in the mod, or some sort of .cfg file, but I have yet to locate such a file in the mod whilst searching with pakscape...

Peace..

UPDATE:

I found the problem, it was an autoexec.cfg, and I have fixed the problem, thanks for the help...

Peace
Page: 1 of 1