Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Increasing the radius of the whereami armband script?

Page: 1 of 1
 SithRevan
02-28-2007, 1:09 AM
Hey everybody I was wondering if it would be possible to increase the radius of the whereami armbands location script so that it will tell you the tag of every character, door, placeable, sound, trigger, waypoint, and merchant in the area that you are in? If so could somebody give me some help with that so I could do it? Thanks guys.:D
 stoffe
02-28-2007, 8:59 AM
Hey everybody I was wondering if it would be possible to increase the radius of the whereami armbands location script so that it will tell you the tag of every character, door, placeable, sound, trigger, waypoint, and merchant in the area that you are in? If so could somebody give me some help with that so I could do it? Thanks guys.:D

Using a script like this should list the names (where applicable) and Tags of every such object in the area:

void Feedback(string sMessage) {
SendMessageToPC(GetPartyLeader(), sMessage);
}

void main() {
object oArea = GetArea(OBJECT_SELF);
int iFilter = OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE | OBJECT_TYPE_DOOR | OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE
| OBJECT_TYPE_SOUND | OBJECT_TYPE_TRIGGER | OBJECT_TYPE_WAYPOINT | OBJECT_TYPE_STORE;

Feedback("!!!! Listing objects in the area...");
object oObj = GetFirstObjectInArea(oArea, iFilter);
while (GetIsObjectValid(oObj)) {
string sMessage = "name = '" + GetName(oObj) + "'";
sMessage += " [tag = '" + GetTag(oObj) + "']";
sMessage += " - " + FloatToString(GetDistanceToObject(oObj), 4, 2) + "m away";
Feedback(sMessage);

oObj = GetNextObjectInArea(oArea, iFilter);
}
Feedback("!!!! Done listing objects in the area.");
}
 SithRevan