Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Balance of the Spirit lightsaber

Page: 1 of 1
 CA8802
02-27-2007, 11:27 PM
As my first mod fully completed for release, I present to you the Balance of the Spirit lightsaber.
download (http://www.geocities.com/charmanderagumon8802/BotS.zip)

This lightsaber has special effects on power crystals, similar to the HotG and the MotF. As I saw it the HotG was meant for Guardians and the MotF was meant for Consulars. So I made one that takes a bit from each side as the Sentinel equivalent to the HotG and the MotF. I tried to keep it as similar in power levels to the HotG and the MotF as possible, but I might have gone stronger or weaker on some crystals. Without power crystals it's just a recolored Lightsaber/Double-Bladed Lightsaber/Short Lightsaber

The blade is as close to TSL's Viridian lightsaber as I could estimate without being able to directly compare the two, and the hilt uses the game's standard hilt models and textures.

Upgrade effects:Bondar Crystal: On Hit: Fear 25% for 2 rounds, DC 14
Damind Crystal: +3 Energy Damage, Regenerate FP 2
Eralam: +3 Attack, +3 Energy Damage
Firkrann Crystal: +3 Attack, +3-18 Ion Damage vs. Droid
Jenraux Crystal: +2 Energy Damage, +4 Blaster Bolt Deflection, +2 Dexterity
Krayt Dragon Pearl: +1-10 Fire Damage, +3 Blaster Bolt Deflection
Luxum Crystal: +3 Attack, +2-12 Ion Damage vs. Droid
Nextor Crystal: +1 Attack, +1 Energy Damage, +1 Defense, Keen
Opila Crystal: +2 Attack, +3 Energy Damage, +2-12 Massive Criticals
Phond Crystal: +1-10 Slashing Damage
Rubat Crystal: +2 Energy Damage, Regenerate FP 2
Sapith Crystal: +3 Attack, +4 Energy Damage
Sigil Crystal: +2 Attack, +1-8 Energy Damage
Solari Crystal: +4 Attack, +4 Blaster Bolt Deflection, +2-12 Light Side Damage vs. Dark Side*
Upari Crystal: +3 Attack, +2-9 Energy Damage, +4 Blaster Bolt Deflection
Rough-cut Upari Amulet: +3 Attack, +2 Slashing Damage, +1-4 Ion Damage vs. Droid**

* It isn't restricted to Light Side in the BotS Lightsabers
** I don't know if you can get a Rough-cut Upari Amulet through normal playing, I always end up using KSE to get it.

It uses upcrystals.2da and model/skin 10, so I doubt its compatible with many other lightsaber mods, but I plan on making it compatible once I'm comfortable enough with this stuff to change it's model variation number. Or if no other current mods use variation 10(not likely), I'll make a compatible version of the upcrystals.2da as soon as I have a list of lightsaber mods and the files they use(or an upcrystals.2da that is already compatible with all of the other ones)

Oh, and if somebody happens to think up a better item description for the crystal I'm all ears. I just kind of re-fitted the HotG crystal's description.
 TLM20
02-28-2007, 1:02 PM
Sounds good :). Will try it out asap
 TheNeutrachrist
03-05-2007, 8:31 PM
Oooh this sounds neat, I would love to use it as I tend to go Sentinel in my play throughs, but I do have a few saber mods, and a compatible mod would be the best!
Page: 1 of 1