Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Compiling k_pebn_galaxy.nss (probably already solved)

Page: 1 of 1
 glovemaster
02-10-2007, 1:50 PM
I was just following through the guide by tk102
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=127001)
and i can't compile the k_pebn_galaxy.nss and the k_inc_ebonhawk.nss files i get these errors:

Compiling: k_pebn_galaxy.nss
k_inc_ebonhawk.nss(209): Error: Function "EBO_PlayTakeOff"'s prototype doesn't m
atch the declaration
k_inc_ebonhawk.nss(211): Error: Undeclared identifier "nCurrentPlanet"
k_inc_ebonhawk.nss(240): Error: Return statement outside the scope of a function

k_inc_ebonhawk.nss(243): Error: Function "EBO_PlayLanding"'s prototype doesn't m
atch the declaration
k_inc_ebonhawk.nss(274): Error: Return statement outside the scope of a function

Compilation aborted with errors
Total Execution time = 251 ms

and the compiler doesnt give me errors for the k_inc_ebonhawk.nss file i just doesn't give me the ncs file when it says i have compiled it.

I'm using FTs compiler

please help!
 Master Zionosis
02-10-2007, 2:08 PM
Not quite sure, did you look at the top, it says it is centered around K1, if you are doing this for K2 you have to go to this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169825)

I hope this solves your problem.
 glovemaster
02-10-2007, 2:11 PM
yes this is for kotor I
 stoffe
02-10-2007, 2:17 PM
i can't compile the k_pebn_galaxy.nss and the k_inc_ebonhawk.nss files i get these errors:
k_inc_ebonhawk.nss(209): Error: Function "EBO_PlayTakeOff"'s prototype doesn't match the declaration
k_inc_ebonhawk.nss(243): Error: Function "EBO_PlayLanding"'s prototype doesn't match the declaration

There are errors in the k_inc_ebonhawk.nss include file, where the function prototype declared at the top has no return value type set for functions that are meant to return a string value, while the implementation of those functions further down do have this set.

Fix it by replacing what's on line 19 in k_inc_ebonhawk.nss, which looks like...

void EBO_PlayTakeOff(int nCurrentPlanet);

...with this:

string EBO_PlayTakeOff(int nCurrentPlanet);

Similarly, replace what's on line 21 in k_inc_ebonhawk.nss, which looks like...

void EBO_PlayLanding(int nDestination);

...with this:

string EBO_PlayLanding(int nDestination);

Then save the modified k_inc_ebonhawk.nss file in your override folder, and try to recompile the k_pebn_galaxy.nss script again.

and the compiler doesnt give me errors for the k_inc_ebonhawk.nss file i just doesn't give me the ncs file when it says i have compiled it.

The k_inc_ebonhawk.nss is an include file, and not a script that can be compiled on its own. It contains variables and functions that can be used by other scripts. Only scripts that contain a main() or StartingConditional() function can be compiled. These scripts can then in turn use an include file via an #include directive. k_pebn_galaxy.nss is such a script that uses the k_inc_ebonhawk.nss include file.
 glovemaster
02-10-2007, 2:41 PM
If i can't compile it then what do you suggest?
 stoffe
02-10-2007, 3:15 PM
If i can't compile it then what do you suggest?

Can't compile what, k_pebn_galaxy.nss or k_inc_ebonhawk.nss?
 glovemaster
02-10-2007, 3:17 PM
both it seems
i get errors for k_pebn_galaxy.nss and no result for k_inc_ebonhawk.nss
 stoffe
02-10-2007, 3:20 PM
both it seems
i get errors for k_pebn_galaxy.nss and no result for k_inc_ebonhawk.nss

Uh, did you read the post I just made above? It addresses both issues. :)
 glovemaster
02-10-2007, 3:27 PM
Right, i got it now... Soz i mis-understud.

Thanks (again)
Page: 1 of 1