Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Okay, now this is weird...

Page: 1 of 1
 Grabstein
02-09-2007, 1:51 PM
Could somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using Photoshop CS2 to edit a skin. However, when I save, with alpha channels checked, it will not save the alpha channels. A little help would be muchly appreciated.
 Hangout Hermit
02-09-2007, 1:53 PM
Well when you save the TGA, it will be merged to one layer. As far as i know the alpha channel will still show, just be merged.
 Grabstein
02-09-2007, 2:01 PM
But the alpha channel isn't showing. I've tried merging, prior to saving, but it's still being temperamental.
 Inyri
02-09-2007, 3:54 PM
Make sure you're saving as 32 bits/pixel and not 24.
 Grabstein
02-09-2007, 4:14 PM
Yeah, it's 32 bit.

Edit: Okay, so I've about given up. The skin is shiny, now, where I want there to be transparencies. I'm starting to wonder if it isn't something in the game. Is that possible? To my knowledge there is no .txi attached, at all. Am I missing something? I've got my .tga and my .uti. It's only a reskin, not intended to replace. Please help me out. This is driving me up the wall.

Edit 2: Nevermind. It is something with Photoshop. Transparencies won't show in gifs, either. Stupid ps.

Edit 3: Alright. I'm not sure, now if it is a problem with PCS2, or not. When I view it with targa viewing software, it shows how it should, but in game, it doesn't remove the places I specified. It just made them shiny.

Grabstein, please no more multiple posts in a row, we call that double posting and it makes things difficult for others to read. If you have the last post in a thread and wish to add something please use the 'edit this' post feature and add it to your last post. Thanks. -RH

Edit 4: Okay, sorry.
Page: 1 of 1