Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help, please...

Page: 1 of 1
 Grabstein
02-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Okay, I'm using the Handmaiden4Fem mod, and I cannot beat Handmaiden, and vice versa. We get down to 1vp, and keep fighting. The only way to end this is for me to break combat. Could some one please help. :D
 Grabstein
02-06-2007, 8:05 PM
Does anyone have any ideas?
 stoffe
02-06-2007, 9:34 PM
As far as I know this is a bug that can happen sometimes. Have you tried reloading a savegame from before the fight? I don't think the Handmaiden choice for female exiles Mod makes any changes to the sparring matches you have with the Handmaiden.
 Grabstein
02-07-2007, 1:11 AM
Yeah, I've tried. I've also tried modding the game with KSE and removing the other mod. Now, all fights with Handmaiden are never ending. Kinda sucks.
 stoffe
02-07-2007, 7:04 AM
Yeah, I've tried. I've also tried modding the game with KSE and removing the other mod. Now, all fights with Handmaiden are never ending. Kinda sucks.

Is the Handmaiden equipped with any items that provide increased health regeneration, or do you use any mods that boost the health regeneration rate of characters?

The script that ends the battle when the Handmaiden is beaten checks if a variable indicating that the fight is on is set, and it checks if the Handmaiden has 1 VP left. Thus I suppose if she has very good health regen her health may be bumped up above 1 VP again before the script has time to run.

Just a guess, but I don't see what else could be causing this (unless you have some other mod messing with the k_oei_userdef or k_hen_damage01 scripts that causes this to break).
 Grabstein
02-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Not that I'm aware of. Lemme look, though. Thanks.

Edit: Just looked. Nothing of the sort running.
In which file is it scripted?
 stoffe
02-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Just looked. Nothing of the sort running.
In which file is it scripted?

If you mean which script checks how wounded the Handmaiden is and stops the fight when she reaches 1 VP, that's done in k_oei_userdef in the custom OnDamaged event. This event is signaled from the script k_hen_damage01. Both scripts are run by the Handmaiden as AI event handler scripts.
 Grabstein
02-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Hmm. I don't believe that those have been edited, at all. I'll check, though.

EDIT: The only file that was edited was a_next_scene. But I've since deleted that file, and I still have the same problem.

Edit 2: For whatever reason, what ends up happening is that I get down to 1 VP and she'll get down to 1 VP, I think, and we keep fighting.
 RedHawke
02-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Have you used the 'invulnurability' cheat code?
 Grabstein
02-08-2007, 8:52 AM
No, I haven't. Still tinkering to try to find out what's goin' on, though.
 Darth333
02-08-2007, 10:48 AM
This happened to me a few times, even with an unmodded game on xbox. I don't know what causes the bug (likely a script not firing well but everything looks fine :confused: ) but I just went out of the Hawk, did some more quests and tried it later on and it worked.
 Grabstein
02-08-2007, 6:05 PM
Ah, okay. I'll try that, then. Thanks. :D

Edit: Well, that seemed to work. Thanks, Darth333!
Page: 1 of 1