Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[FIN] Jolee's Gizka

Page: 1 of 1
 JediMaster12
01-10-2007, 6:30 PM
A one shot dealing with a semi aged old Jedi and his first pet-gizka!

All comments can be posted here (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2245766#post2245766)
 JediMaster12
01-10-2007, 6:32 PM
Jolee’s Gizka
Jolee was grumpy. It had been a long a tiring day running around the desert and the sleepy town of Anchorhead looking for the bloody Star Maps. He was glad to just have a nice long shower and retire to his favorite, and personal territory, in the whole ship: the med bay. He passed by Lilah and was in such a good mood that she commented, “I see the semi-aged Jedi is happy, for once.”

Jolee replied, “I’m old dammit and allowed to be grumpy and half senile when I want.” It was a mild reproach and answered with a chuckle as Jolee walked into the med bay. He let out a, “What the…” when he entered.

Sitting on the medical bed was one of Lilah’s pet gizka. The ugly yellow creature gazed up at Jolee with a cooing look as it snuggled into the blankets. It cooed as its little nubs, or ears, were stroked by the soft blankets. It continued to lie there, looking at Jolee.

Jolee said, “What in the name of the council are you doing her? This is a sterile environment. Go, shoo, shoo.”

The gizka just stared at Jolee with an innocent expression. It began to burrow into the blankets. It was going to do something but it wasn’t evident at the moment.

Jolee waved his hands, “Shoo, shoo.”

The response was a squawk that sent Jolee to grumbling. He turned inward to his thoughts on how to best get it to leave, I could pick it up and boot it out. No then it would come back. Maybe if I fried it…Gizka does make a nice sandwich.

Meanwhile the gizka on the bed was making more noise. It was getting louder and louder. Finally Jolee shouted at the thing, “You keep quiet there!” He then stopped and stared at the bed, unable to believe what he was seeing.

Lilah heard the noise and came running towards the med day. She asked, “Jolee, why are you making all the…noise?” She took a look in and was stopped by the sight she saw. She then let out an ‘Aww.’

Jolee was petting the gizka and apparently a new batch of little gizka. He had a slight smile on his face as he was petting them He then said, “You can stay but that doesn’t mean that I like you.”

Lilah replied, “So the semi aged Jedi has a soft spot.” She had a big grin on her face.

“You keep quiet there missy. I’m old and allowed to have my moments,” Jolee responded. He walked to where Lilah was standing and pushed her slightly out the door. He said, “Now shoo, shoo.”

The door shut in front of Lilah leaving her with a big smile. I guess we need to make a space in the cargo hold, she thought as she turned to head towards the common room. She stopped to pick up one of the gizka who began to coo as she held it. Holding it, she walked into the common room and asked, “Guess what?”

The End
Page: 1 of 1