Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Custom lightsaber problem(TSL)

Page: 1 of 1
 CA8802
12-31-2006, 9:32 PM
I tried to make a Darth Bandon's lightsaber(one that has the same effects as the one you get from him on Manaan of the XBox version of KotOR1) and it still has the upgrade crystals' normal effects.

I based it on TheOssusKeeper's "Saber Restoration Project" mod. Added a line for it in upcrystals.2da, made .uti files for the lightsaber, the short saber, the double bladed saber, and the color crystal. I named my .uti files according to what I put in upcrystals.2da, and set the Resref and Tag accordingly. Completely cleared out the stuff on the properties tab then added the correct properties for Darth Bandon's Lightsaber.

What did I possibly do wrong? How can I get it to correctly alter the lightsaber crystals?

And I just checked the restored lightsabers from TheOssusKeeper's mod. The Mantle of the Force Lightsaber with a Damind Crystal inside only got +3 Attack. I tried using some force powers thinking maybe it just labels it the same as for a normal lightsaber, but it showed no differenece in FP Regeneration.

So, in summary, I got the name and description of my lightsabers to load right, I got it using the models for the red Lightsabers and red color crystals, but I can't get it to have an altering effect on power crystals

Somebody please help me!
 RedHawke
01-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Somebody please help me!
Unfortunately you can't reproduce the Mantle of the Force or the Heart of the Guardian sabers in TSL... or make sabers like them. (My K1 Revan sabers were based off the HotG Sabers)

Why can't we do them? Because OE changed the way the saber upgrade system works between the games.

In KotOR the properties an upgrade crystal gave to a saber was determined by the individual sabers uti file, the property 'activated' when a crystal was applied.

In TSL the properties of an upgrade are actually stored in the upgrade items (crystals) uti files. So while you can add properties to a base lightsaber in TSL, the upgrade crystals will all have the same properties in all the sabers.

I hope that helps, somewhat. ;)
 CA8802
01-01-2007, 2:18 PM
I was afraid of that. But I saw that the Lightsabers still had the 'activate with upgrade' properties so I was hoping that it was only the new crystals that had the powers in the crystal.

That said, is it possible to put the effect on the crystal so that it only takes effect when in a lightsaber with a certian color crystal equiped? That could be used for the same effect if it works, though it would be a whole lot more files modified.
 RedHawke
01-02-2007, 12:22 AM
I was afraid of that. But I saw that the Lightsabers still had the 'activate with upgrade' properties so I was hoping that it was only the new crystals that had the powers in the crystal.
Nope it all has been totally re-worked, sorry.

That said, is it possible to put the effect on the crystal so that it only takes effect when in a lightsaber with a certian color crystal equiped? That could be used for the same effect if it works, though it would be a whole lot more files modified.
I know you don't want to hear this, but this is impossible. Sorry what you want to do just isn't possible in TSL. Hence why you don't see any MotF or HotG crystals in the game.
 CA8802
01-02-2007, 5:15 PM
Oh well, thanks anyway.

If I understand the loot generation system correctly, there is a lightsaber space(g_w_lghtsbr06) and two color crystal spaces(u_l_colo_11 and u_l_colo_12) that can be called but don't actually have items. I was hoping to fill those with HotG, MotF and Darth Bandon's lightsabers, but if I can't make those that won't work.

I guess I'll figure out something else to put in those spaces. Maybe make copies of the rarer colors and rename them to use those spots to increase your chance of finding them.
Page: 1 of 1