Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lots of TSL questions

Page: 1 of 1
 CA8802
12-30-2006, 3:27 AM
1. Can somebody please point me to the script that spawns the items in your locker on the Harbinger?
1A. Can somebody please point me to any scripts that spawn Vibroblades in containers on Peragus? The only place I can think of that one is always spawned is on a damaged droid in the room after the door you need the Plasma Torch to open.
1B. Can somebody please point me to the scripts that spawn the items in the container you find the Miner Uniform in?
1C. Can somebody please point me to the scripts that spawn the items on the dead miner you find an Advanced Mining Rifle on?
1D. Can somebody please point me to the script that spawns the items in the footlocker in the cargohold that 3C-FD is in on Peragus?

2. Is BIFs>templates.bif>Blueprint, Character the correct path to get the .utcs used when a character joins your party?
2A.If I change the equiped items there and save the .utc to the override, it won't make the character permanently equiped with that item, will it?
2B. If I give a character the War Veteran feat to start out with do I need to add 25 Vitality points too, or will the game do that when it loads the character? If it helps I want to give this to Atton and Bao-Dur.
2C. If I change a character's Constitution do I need to add the Vitality that the extra Constitution would give them, or does the game do it automatically when it loads the character?
2D. What number are the Struct ID numbers for each equipment slot? I know that 2 is the Clothes/Robes/Armor slot, but that still leaves 10 spaces(or 21 if Droids use different numbers for their equipment slots)

3. I've noticed that some Mining Lasers are incorrectly labeled as 1-7 damage and dont stack with the 1-8 ones. Same with Advanced Mining Lasers only it's incorrectly labeled as 1-11 instead of 1-12. Which Mining Laser/Advanced Mining Laser .uti is the correctly labeled one(there's one in all/most Peragus .rims)? I'd like to copy the correct ones to my override so that all of them will be correct and able to stack.

5. Does the Heavy Repeating Blaster baseitem works correctly in this game? I can't remember ever getting a Heavy Repeating Blaster in the game, only a Repeating Blaster, which uses a different baseitem. I'm just checking to make sure that items that use it as their base item use Weapon Proficiency: Blaster Rifle, and that it isn't just leftover code from KotOR 1. I'd like to add the Heavy Mining Laser into the game, but I need to know if it would work correctly.

6. The Prima guide says that there is a Lightsaber called Malak's Lightsaber in the game, but I didn't see it when I looked through the .utis with KotOR tool. Is Malak's Lightsaber real or is it a mistake by Prima(which they are known to make a lot of)?
6A. If it is real, where is the .uti?

7. If I make Remote's Blaster upgradeable, will I be able to upgrade the one he's equpied with at the workbench, or are Remote's equiped items totally sealed to us?

8. Are there any mods that fix the part of the random loot generator that deals with robes so that you can get the higher level ones without an infinite XP glitch and Fassa?
8A. If there aren't any mods that fix that, are there any that add the higher level robes to merchant inventories as you progress through the game?

9. Are the Electromesh Suit and Hurrikaine Crystal part of the random loot generator? I can't remember getting them in the game, and every other item I can think of with an "x" before the number is excluded from the loot generator.

10. I know feats are hardcoded, but is there a way to mod rifles to get the bonuses from the dueling feats?
10A. How would I add an extra attack to repeating blasters?

11. If I add a damage bonus to an armband, will that bonus apply to any weapon I'm using, or just when I'm unarmed(like gloves with damage bonuses do)?
11A. Is it possible to make an armband give your character extra FP when equiped? I'm thinking like the DS Mastery of Consulars/Sith Lords.

12. What type of damage is the bonus for DS Guardians/Marauders
12A. Does a Sentinel/Watchman's Lightside Mastery bonus allow you to use D-packages with only 15 Constitution(or 12 if you have both classes), or does it fall under the same category as when you increase Constitution by equiping items, or using Force powers?
12B. Do prestige classes get DS/LS Mastery bonuses for the alignment opposite that required to get the class? Like say if you went Darkside to be a Sith Assassin and get all the Sneak Attack feats instead of just 9, the switched to Lightside, would you still get a LS Mastery bonus?

13. If I extract n_203_luxa.utc from RIMs>Modules>208TEL_s.rim>Blueprints, Character to change Luxa's equipment and inventory/drop list, is that safe for the override, or will that mess up interaction with her in the Cantina?
 m16965
12-30-2006, 4:46 AM
1) see this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143536) and this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=134067)

2)Yes it is a)No you can unequip it but it may conflict with other mods. b)It Should work but say that you are a vetaran of the mandalorian wars. c)It will autoamticaly do it. d)Im not sure on that one.

3)Change all of them to make sure :D

5)Yes it does work

6)No i don't think there is but i would blame this on the game as kotor2 was rushed and many maps were cut out of the game.

7)You cannot equip/unequip remotes items unless you change his infentory in his uti file

8)Yes im sure there are mods like that but i cant recall any writing this huge awnseres page :D

9)Not sure on that one

10) Yup see this thread on blaster modding (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/info/tutID9) but change the a_robe_08 to some blaster rifle.

11)Depends on what you want it to :D a)Very possible!

12)I should think DS but any damage bonus will work. a)You have to increae them through atribute points to wear imps. You can also do it through cheats. b)From what i know the only way to change class is through the KSE and im not sure what will happen.

13)No it should be fine just DON'T edit the .dlg file :ears1:

ENJOY!

~mando
 oldflash
12-30-2006, 4:56 AM
6. The Prima guide says that there is a Lightsaber called Malak's Lightsaber in the game, but I didn't see it when I looked through the .utis with KotOR tool. Is Malak's Lightsaber real or is it a mistake by Prima(which they are known to make a lot of)?
6A. If it is real, where is the .uti?

It is malak's sabet in K2 but only saber model. You need to make .uti if you want to get that saber. (model varriation 6)

7. If I make Remote's Blaster upgradeable, will I be able to upgrade the one he's equpied with at the workbench, or are Remote's equiped items totally sealed to us?

I don't think so since bao-dur's remote is not a partymember and you don't have acces to his equipp slots. However, could be possible if you use some scripts and make remote temporary main PC (just like in malachor v). Also you need to unlock all remote's slots (in appearance.2da).
 CA8802
12-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Thank you so much guys! This helps a lot.
b)From what i know the only way to change class is through the KSE and im not sure what will happen.
What I meant was if you go alignment 100 with a Sith Lord/Assassin/Marauder do you get a Lightside Mastery Bonus, and likewise would you get a Darkside Mastery Bonus with an alignment 0 Jedi Master/Watchman/Weapon Master. Not really too important of a question though, 'cause I can always just test it myself with KSE when I get to level 15.

2D. Anybody else know these then?

4. Can't believe I forgot to put a number 4 in my first post

8. :) I'll look for those again then. Hopefully I'll find them this time since I don't know how I'd go about modding them myself.

9. Eh, not that important, they're not the best items. I just figured if they weren't in the loot generator that I'd drop them in a container somewhere.

11. Which way will it be if I add the damage using KotOR Tool?/If it is unarmed only with KotOR Tool, how would I make it work with any attacks, weapons(including Blasters) included in KGFF Editor?
11A. How?

But again, thanks so much you guys. Most of my questions are answered now, so I'll work on stuff my last 3 or 4 questions don't apply to until they're answered

Hopefully I can make something that I'll find to be worth posting somewhere now. ;)

Edit: Hey, got a question I forgot to ask.

XX. If I make the effect of something have 50 for "%Chance of Appearance," does that mean there is a %50 chance of the item having that attribute when it's spawned, or does it mean it has a %50 chance of being applied each time there is a check for it?
XXa. As an example, if I make an Armband with a normal(%100) +2 DS damage bonus, and a %50 Chance of Appearance +1 DS damage bonus, would it act like it had a 2-3 DS damage bonus(the effect I'm going for)

Edit again: Finished reading the two topics you gave me for question one. But I wasn't asking how to add stuff to the containers, I was asking which script does it alread. I want to change which items are in them, not just add new ones.

Edit yet again: Taking a break from my search for the scripts that spawn the items on Peragus and the Harbinger. Took a look at trying to make blasters Dueling compatible. m16965, the link you posted doesn't answer my question at all :( . I wasn't asking how to make a Blaster Rifle. I knew how to do that. I was asking how to make them be effected by the Dueling feats(which I'm assuming would be somewhere in baseitems.2da) and to make Repeater based items get an extra attack each round (which I assume is also in a .2da somewhere). So anybody know which fields of which files I'd have to edit to do that?
 RedHawke
12-31-2006, 2:55 AM
Unfortunately most items are either pre-placed in the individual utp files packed with each area. Or are spawned using the games loot script.

The specific items that are there every time are likely defined in the placeable's individual files (many of which can't be edited and placed into override because many different files in the game share the same filename from between modules and you could easily mess up the game doing so), this reason is why many of us have to inject scripts that place our modded items in the game somehow.

Also the games feats and their effects are hard-coded meaning that making the Dueling feat include blasters isn't likely to be possible.
 CA8802
12-31-2006, 4:00 AM
Unfortunately most items are either pre-placed in the individual utp files packed with each area. Or are spawned using the games loot script.

The specific items that are there every time are likely defined in the placeable's individual files (many of which can't be edited and placed into override because many different files in the game share the same filename from between modules and you could easily mess up the game doing so), this reason is why many of us have to inject scripts that place our modded items in the game somehow.
I was afraid of that. And repackaging the .rim would make too big a filesize for such a small mod. Is there a function to remove items from objects through scripting?

Also the games feats and their effects are hard-coded meaning that making the Dueling feat include blasters isn't likely to be possible.
I was hoping that there would be a cell in one of the .2da files that you could change to make the game think that they were blaster pistols as far as feats were concerned, but still have them equip like blaster Rifles. Then again, that also would have made Weapon Focus and Specialization for Rifles utterly useless.

Can you make bonuses to a weapon check against a characters feats to activate in the same way it checks for things like the enemy being a droid or darkside?
Page: 1 of 1