Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What's your favorite scene in empire strikes back?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue15
09-23-2001, 1:05 AM
Mine is the hoth fight scene, especially when darth vader comes in echo base with snowtroopers at his sides.

------------------
I came. http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/atst/images/landing2.gif) I saw. http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/saber/lightsaber_aqua_real_small.gif) I Invaded. http://forums.galacticbattles.com/avatar.php?userid=16&dateline=999469345)
 Flying Beastie
09-23-2001, 4:50 PM
Mine would have to be the whole carbon-freezing thing, when Leia tells Han that she loves him.

Yeah, I'm a romantic, so sue me.

------------------
"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill
 edlib
09-23-2001, 5:03 PM
My lawyer will be in touch...

The asteroid chase. You finally get to see what the Falcon can really do.

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited September 23, 2001).]
 Keyan Farlander
09-24-2001, 5:25 PM
I kind of like the scene where Darth Vader kills Admiral Ozzel. It shows just how evil and unforgiving he is. I also kind of like the scene where Luke realizes Yoda is Yoda.
 K_Kinnison
09-27-2001, 7:45 PM
Han's carbon freeze scene

so much happened in so little time.
 RobHoth
10-02-2001, 9:33 AM
My favourite bit is when the smug Star Destroyer captain says, 'Good, Our first catch of the day'. And then is promptly silenced by two blasts from an enormous ion cannon, shutting down his ship and letting the first transport get away.

One thing, though. Why are all the Imperial captains, admirals, etc all British? Surely us British aren't that bad.
 Flying Beastie
10-02-2001, 11:53 AM
Out of Context: The original trilogy was filmed in England, so most of the extras (and even many of the leads) ended up with that (set of) accent(s).

In Context: Different parts of the galaxy have different accents; Corellians don't talk the same way Alderaanians do, frex. What we hear as a British accent (remember that we're seeing the films "translated" into English from Basic), is actually the accent of the Core Worlds. Since the Imperial military is an aristocracy, most of the officers come from that region, and the ones that don't will fake the accent.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Flying Beastie (edited October 02, 2001).]
 RobHoth
10-02-2001, 4:39 PM
Okay-dokay.

------------------
That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead?

Well, I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick.
 RobHoth
10-14-2001, 7:59 PM
So...Anyone have a favourite scene from my favourite film in the trilogy (Episode 1 doesn't quite count as a film- Star Wars is still a trilogy)- 'Return of the Jedi'?

Mine is the entire Endor space battle, especially the shots of X Wings flying in between starships shooting down TIEs. I also like the scene in the novel 'The Truce at Bakura' where the debris from the battle is being cleaned up, like some kind of party aftermath. Agree?

------------------
That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead?

Well, I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick.
 Flying Beastie
10-14-2001, 9:04 PM
Fave scene in any of the SW movies. . . I'd have to go with the big three-fold battle royale in Jedi. It just had this awesome sense of finality; decades of struggle, effort, and heroism were all coming to a head. It was Epic storytelling at its best.

From the novels, my favourite scene has to be the big duel at the end of The Last Command, the first time Luke & Mara fought side-by-side.

I also like everything in Courtship of Princess Leia, just because there're so many great "visuals" (like the group crossing the lake on rancor-back).

------------------
 MadPilot
10-15-2001, 1:41 PM
I like the Ewok Battle in Return of the Jedi, especially the bit where one of the Ewoks smacks himself round the head with a sling!
 Rogue15
10-15-2001, 2:03 PM
I think the podrace sequence in tpm is awesome. I can't wait to see the dvd with the extra lap! After reading the book, I was thinking sebulba used the flamejet in the movie, and when I watched it again at the theatre, I was like...DARN THEY TOOK THAT OUT, I THOUGHT I SAW IT BEFORE!!!! AAAHHH!!!!

hehe. as for regular trilogy, I liked the part where the sandtroopers were searching around the escape pod. btw, in the widescreen edition, in that sequence, is there an imperial landing craft taking off in the background?
 JR2000Z
10-16-2001, 1:26 AM
Well, in ESB, my favorate scene was the Luke and Vader lightsaber duel.

In out of the whole series was the whole Luke/Vader/Emporer senes in ROTJ.
Page: 1 of 1