Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP]Deralia Spaceport[TSL&K1]

Page: 1 of 1
 SithRevan
12-07-2006, 3:16 AM
Well guys it has been a little while since I have come up with a new idea for a mod, so I thought about it and said to myself...self it's time you make a new mod. So what we have here is a new idea that I have been working with to make a mod that will incorporate hopefully the whole community. What this mod will do is take the aspect of a "mod pack" to a whole new level, and what I mean by that is that this mod will not only give you all of my mods it will give you a lot of other people's who wish to submit thier mods to be setup in this one. This mod is going to take a choice cut level from each game (Kotor & TSL) and will turn it into what will look like a huge mall for the game. you will be able to find General items, custom items, test reskins that I have made, and that other have allowed me to use, you will be able to warp to different plants from one console then go back again, and there will even be some really cool quests to complete in the mod itself. Now this is going to be one of my biggest mods as it gets into some pretty advanced stuff that I have never really done before and also some stuff I have learned to do recently. So I also welcome all modders to help in the creation of this mod, the more the better. Here are some of the things I will need from anybody who is interested in helping me...

-Knowlegde of how Modules work
-Knowledge of how Journal Entries work
-Anybody who would like to do some vioce acting for the charcters
-Reskinning to do some minor reskins in the modules

I am also looking for anybody who wants to submit a mod to be incorporated with this one. I don't really have any hold ups on what I will take either, all that I ask is that it works, it looks good, and you have no hold ups on me modifying it for the mod. Other then that guys I think this mod will be a huge success. Oh also I have an idea for the cut module I am using for the Kotor 1 version of this mod I just need to know your guys opinions on what I should use for the TSL version. So if you guys could vote one of the ones I slected up in the poll I would really appreciate it. Oh yeah by the way this must have totally slipped my mind, the cut area that I am using for the Kotor version of this mod is Darth InSidious's Missing Czerka Depot module with his permission of course, I thoought you all might want to know that. Well anyway I hope you all like what you hear and I hope I can finnish it sometime soon so you can all enjoy it but until then. Enjoy!;)
 ChAiNz.2da
12-07-2006, 9:31 AM
wow.. that's quite an undertaking, I wish you the best of luck :D

As for items, I will gladly donate any of my (personal) mod items.. however I do have an exception list because they are co-modded with other modder's property or I was part of a team (eg. USM).

It would require permission from all of them :)

Bastila's Revelation Robes - (must ask svцsh)
Juhani's Dark Robe - (must ask svцsh)
Xia Terashai's Robe/Saber - (must ask RedHawke)
USM - (can't give permission period. We are trying to keep this in a contained setup for updates, general troubleshooting, etc. Troubleshooting/Updating the USM if it's contained in some other mod has too many tangents to keep track of in order to do this effectively)

Any of my other mods however are free game. Darksword, Segan Items, HakPad* etc.

*- For the HakPad, if you should choose it, I'd prefer you keep the original scripts unchanged since any future updates I make to it will overwrite them most likely. Might cause problems later on down the road with your mod ;)
If you make any changes to the dialogue to fire custom scripts of your own, please send me a copy of it (them) so I can archive it in case of future updates :)

--------------

I can't personally volunteer any time to help with the mod, but will be more than happy to contribute to this thread should you have any questions (that my simple mind can answer of course ... hehehe). Not to mention the hundreds of other modders here on Holowan ;)
 SithRevan
12-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Thank you so much ChAiNz, I really appreciate all that you have to contribute and the donations that you are willing to make. About the hak pad though I think I might use it because of all of it's functions, so what I think I will do is just integrate it with a console in the level (along with a couple of my own) that way I won't have to make any changes to it and we can still have that in there. Now also about all of the other items I would be more then happy to talk to everybody about making them part of this mod and fortunatly with a few work arounds I will most likely be able to get them all up with out have to modify them. So thank you very much for your generous donation to this mod. I am sure with all of the cool mods you supply it will become even greater of a mod!:D
 m16965
12-07-2006, 11:59 AM
well sithrevan i think the council chambers would be great as thier is many people wanting that mod. and im happy to help with some scripting and skinning should you want it! :D
 SithRevan
12-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks M16965, I really appreciate your support.;)
 Diego Varen
12-07-2006, 12:54 PM
well sithrevan i think the council chambers would be great as thier is many people wanting that mod. and im happy to help with some scripting and skinning should you want it! :D

Despite the fact I don't download Mods, I agree with m16965.
 SithRevan
12-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Okay guys I have come up with my answer on which area will be the K2 Deralia Space Port area. I know that most of you wanted the Council Chambers to be the one that got the role but unfortuatly that area is much too small for an actual merchant area. So I am going to go with on of the driod modules (specificly 804DRO.) This decision is because of the massive space it has and because the module is just plain cool. So I hope you all like this choice and hopefully there can be some teaser shots soon. Enjoy everybody!:D

Despite the fact I don't download Mods, I agree with m16965.

Well I would agree with you, I was actually thinking of using the council chambers before but there are a couple things that are some what road block. First there is really not enough space for all of the stores and people in there and secondly I can't get rid of the chairs without compromising more then half of the textures in the game. So I had to make an educated decision on what I should do and I think using the driod module might be the best idea.
 Darth Trylan
12-20-2006, 1:01 PM
I am interested in helping with the voice acting. I can also do skinning but no good with module skinning!
 SithRevan
12-20-2006, 1:27 PM
I am interested in helping with the voice acting. I can also do skinning but no good with module skinning!

What kind of vioce acting would you be interested in? I am looking for lots of acting for merchants. Also there are going to be a couple of characters that I need some more in-depth voice acting for. I also will welcome any skinners as you can never have to many of those, all that you have to do is give me an example of your work to allow me to see if it is what I am looking for. Anyway though just PM me on these subjects and we can go from there. Thanks for taking interest in this.:)
 Darth Trylan
12-20-2006, 1:31 PM
I dont care which of the voice actor whether its one line or 10 lines, its upto you, my skills are at your disposal....
-DT-
 SithRevan
12-20-2006, 1:33 PM
Ok well in that case I will make up some tester lines for you and send them over. If you can give me a sample VO I will see what you are best suited for.
 Darth InSidious
12-20-2006, 3:19 PM
I think some of the areas in M4-78 would serve your purposes better, to be honest :)
 SithRevan
12-20-2006, 7:03 PM
I think some of the areas in M4-78 would serve your purposes better, to be honest:)

I agree and that is why I am using 804DRO as the area for the space port.;)
 Shem
12-20-2006, 7:40 PM
I voted for the Jedi Council Chambers! :D
 Darkkender
12-20-2006, 8:02 PM
I voted for the Droid planet as your goal is to create a spaceport type of theme and for that you really need a landing pad not to mention alot of area to kinda lounga around. The council chambers really don't seem to fit that theme.
 SithRevan
12-20-2006, 10:26 PM
I voted for the Droid planet as your goal is to create a spaceport type of theme and for that you really need a landing pad not to mention alot of area to kinda lounga around. The council chambers really don't seem to fit that theme.

I agree. I really have been thinking about it the past couple days and I am really leaning more towards the Droid planet module myself.

@Everybody:
Hey everybody I almost forgot to tell you but I am looking for people who know how to make maps of areas. If you have ever made a map for Kotor Tool you will know what I am talking about. I just need somebody who would be willing to help me out with that as it is very time consuming and I would like to be able to take my time on the actual module so I can bring a quality mod to those of you looking forward to it. Also I still am loooking for mod donations so if anybody is interested in allowing me to use thier mod in conjunction with this one I would really appreaciate it. Thanks everybody.:D
 m16965
12-21-2006, 1:06 AM
Well i could try but im not very experianced at that :D
 Mindtwistah
07-26-2007, 2:24 PM
Is this mod still under construction?

Please refrain from ressurecting older threads like this, please ask these kinds of questions via the Private Message (PM) system. Thanks. -RH
 SithRevan
07-27-2007, 12:12 AM
Is this mod still under construction?
Yes, infact, it is. I just haven't had too much time to give it with working on K1RP and all. Don't worry though I do still plan to put it out.;)

(Yay! This is my 750th post, I'm now a Veteran of these boards!)
Page: 1 of 1