Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Halo: The Guardians (Discussion & Recruitment)

Page: 1 of 1
 Rexraptor2000
12-04-2006, 10:04 PM
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8300/halologosmallerdh6.jpg)

It is forty years after the Covenant had glassed the colony planet of Harvest. Since then, the Covenant have glassed all of the outer human colonies and have been moving inward with their religious genocide, stating that the human's destruction was the will of the gods and that they were their instrument.

It is now two weeks after the destruction of the first Halo, a ring that if activated along with six others could wipe the galaxy clean of life, and the Covenant have found Earth. They were not expecting to find humans there and were beaten back, retreating to another Halo where they were followed by a lone frigate containing the destroyer of the first Halo, Spartan 117. There the beginnings of a civil war ensue among the Covenant due to the Prophet's treachery, but the news has yet to reach Covenant forces away from the Halo.

Meanwhile, a scout ship by the name of Peculiar Resilience is one of the many scout ships sent to find planets with Forerunner artifacts and other species to absorb into the Covenant. They have come across a jungle world that should be teeming with life. Instead it's as empty as a grave. They still setup outposts and send out patrols when all of a sudden they stop coming back, only to be discovered later decimated, and defiled.

After long exploration of the planet's surface, an archeological team has stumbled upon a Forerunner installation deep within the jungle depths. This team however, did not survive long enough to report their findings, except one. With the news of the Forerunner building, and the missing dig crew, the exploration fleet sends a squad of the best troops they have, to explore the massive and foreboding building. Little do they know what lies beyond the inner doors of that holy sanctum and things will only be escalated once a human scout ship jumps in-system.

This is a Halo RP as you can see, and for those who have never played Halo you can find out all about it here: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page)

And here is the character sheet:

Name:
Species:
Group: (Covenant or UNSC)
Attire/Appearence:
Personality:
Weapons: (Max of two)
Favorite Vehicle:
Bio:

The rules:

There can be a limit of only four humans, excluding myself and the other TM, Master_Archon. We want this to be mostly Covenant based.

You can only have two characters.

No god-modding.

If you're not sure of something, ask.

The highest rank you can get at the beginning is major for Elites and Grunts, and regular for Brutes and Jackles.

Laugh at Master_Archon every chance you get.

Laugh every time I make a joke and boo Master_Archon when he tries.

Make Master_Archon mad.

Have fun.

Me and MA will post our character sheets in a bit.
 Anakin Skywalker
12-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Name: Sangrie
Species: Elites?
Group: Covenant
Attire/Appearence: PICTURE HERE (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Image:H2Elite.jpg)
Personality: Evil, wants to help the Priests take over the Universe
Weapons: Plasma Rifle
Favorite Vehicle: Banshee
Bio: HERE (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Elites_%28Sangheili%29)
 Jedi Atomic
12-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Name: Darrick Dominia
Species: Human
Group: UNSC
Attire/Appearence: Regular marine armor
Personality: Follower will take any order that he won't regret
Weapons: Shotgun; Sniper Rifle
Favorite Vehicle: Gauss Warthog
Bio: Born to a medium wealthy family, hated how they treated him so he joined the military. He learned to do what his family members told him to do so he can listen very well to orders being barked at him from anybody.

Name: Dak
Species: Jackal
Attire/Appearence:
Personality: Likes to joke around
Weapons: Beam Rifle(as a scout); Plasma rifle(Energy Shield)[any other time]
Favorite Vehicle: was Scarab been on once and was transferred before destroyed; Seraph
Bio: Raised to be a scout and trained for close combat. He trained for 10 years basically all his life. Dak will not give up a fight even if outnumbered.
 Rexraptor2000
12-05-2006, 6:36 AM
Name: Sangheili
Species: Elites?
Attire/Appearence: PICTURE HERE (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Image:H2Elite.jpg)
Personality: Evil, wants to help the Priests take over the Universe
Weapons: Shotgun
Favorite Vehicle: Banshee
Bio: HERE (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Elites_%28Sangheili%29)

Okay, the human nickname for the Sangheili is Elite so you should change the name and species, (Although you don't have to). Also, Sangheili aren't nessesarily evil, though from what they've helped do, you would think so, they just believe they are cleansing the galaxy of the human vermin. They also would never take up a human weapon, even if there was a fully loaded one laying right next to them they would fight with their bare fists. Rank should be Blue, (Minor), or Red, (Major).
 Anakin Skywalker
12-05-2006, 7:15 AM
Hey, sorry about that, I just haven't played Halo in a long time, I just forgot. But I fixed it.
 Dark_Lady
12-05-2006, 8:44 AM
I'm in for two humans. :D My chars are almost done, but I've gotta go to English class.
 Master_Archon
12-23-2006, 9:25 PM
Well, I forgot to say welcome...actually I'm late....very late, um, welcome all, I think? Anyway, I must say that I do NOT let RP's die!!!!!!!! But I let them rest awhile, like Blood Band Brothers. So, all ye who have joined, expect to be in this RP if you like it or not!

@ Dark_Lady: I know you're probably busy, but if you post your characters D_L, we could start, same goes for me and Rex, so lets get to it...just not tonight, my fingures are freezing!!!
 rictus135
12-28-2006, 3:43 AM
Name: Unknown (Referred to as the Fiend)
Attire/Appearence: http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/npcs/mandalore.php#null)
Personality: Very Little
Weapons: Carbine, Energy Sword
Favorite Vehicle: Scorpian
Bio: Once a soldier for the UNSC, he was captured by the Covenant shortly after a battle involving Spartan II's. Despite the lack of the Mjolnir battle armor this nameless soldier fought and killed dozens of Brutes, Elites and other members of the covenant. It was for his prowess in battle that he was spared execution. Instead Covenant engineers began to transform him into a replica Spartan II in the hopes of learning how best to combat this newly emerging threat. As well as minipulating his body, extensive brainwashing and neural inhibitors were used to wipe his mind of his past. Despite this, glimmers of his personality will sometimes shine through.

Name: Traxus
Species: Brute
Attire/Appearence: http://halo.wikia.com/images/archive/3/3e/20061122185019%21Brutewithshot.jpg)
Personality: Utterly loyal to the Prophets, less agressive than most Brutes Traxus uses his head where most would use their fists.
Weapons: Duel Spike Rifles* and a Brute shot. (*If the duel weilding counts for two weapons, make it a single Spike Rifle)
Favorite Vehicle: Modified Spectre (Uses a Spike Cannon instead of the standard weapon. similar to the human LAAG)
Bio: Picked out at a young age for special training due to his high level of intelligence and loyalty to the Prophets, Traxus was assigned as the Keeper of the Fiend. This has posed a problem for Traxus however. In his continuing work alongside the Fiend, Traxus has come to like the Human, appreciating his courage and ruthlessness. This has caused a conflict with the teachings of the Prophets that all Humans are an abomination before the gods.
 Master_Archon
12-28-2006, 8:23 AM
Welcome rictus135, glad you joined!

But your first character is debatable...Me and Rex'll discuss it, though from my standards, it's not too bad, good job.

As for the two spike rifles, I'll have to remember which ones those are before I decide whether or not to let you have two weapons as one. Aren't they the new brute pistols from Halo 3?
 rictus135
12-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Yes they are. If you go here http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=0&mt=0&cId=3144308&mId=3081251) you will see that duel weilding is at least possible with these weapons

As for my first character is there anything i can say that might convince you to allow me to use it?
 Master_Archon
12-29-2006, 8:43 AM
As for the Spike Rifles, you can have them, unless Rex says otherwise.

When it comes to your first character, I think it's okay, to the least, but this thread is controled by two people, we need to be equal in choose on things, so I have to wait until Rex makes a verdict. So until then I'm afraid there's nothing you can do.
 Rexraptor2000
12-29-2006, 6:27 PM
It is debatable, since they wouldn't have even bothered to capture him. They would have just killed him on sight or let him get fed to the Jackles. It could be a way to show how the Prophets were slowly choosing the Brutes over the Elites, since the Elites would have been completely against it. I'm a bit sceptical about it still.
 rictus135
12-29-2006, 9:46 PM
I think that your forgetting that in both Halo games the Covenant captured humans. Even though they had "Trespassed on the sacred ring". If the prophets had ordered their troops to gather any info on the spartans they could, then capturing a human who had fought alongside them is well within the realms of possibility IMO.
As for turning him into a semi-spartan, i agree that it is a little iffy. But it would be a good way to examine how a human fights when equiped in that fashion. It would be kinda like a simulation. Force him to fight your own forces, find out how he reacts to certain situations, find out what works against him and what doesnt. Then when you have gathered all the data you can get from that put him in the field and examine how he acts in a much wider range of situations.
Lets not forget the Prophets are also arrogant. If they were initially satisfied that the lengths they had gone to to break him had been succesful, they would then have little fear that he would ever overcome that conditioning, and so could use him however they wanted.
Anyway, that long rambling post is my way of saying Pretty, pretty please?
 Rexraptor2000
01-01-2007, 8:08 PM
Well, alright. You can have him. (Even though I could go rambling on, I don't feel like it.)
 Master_Archon
01-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Good, all is settled, if all is well and done, then we can start....when Rex, D_L, and I make our characters. Lest D_L does not wish to join after all?
 Carlo El Sanchez
01-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Iv already reserved Halo 3 :)
 Master_Archon
01-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Lucky you, I dont get that privilige until I can afford an XBOX 360. But besides that, would you like to join?
 Carlo El Sanchez
01-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Indeed i would, but im not very familiar with what its all about, could you please educate me on it abit ?
 Master_Archon
01-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Hm, well, read the first post of the thread, Rex's first post; if you could narrow done what you want me to explain to you, that would help also. Um...we'll go from there.
 Carlo El Sanchez
01-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Name: Calo
Attire/Appearence: heavily armoured
Personality: angry
Weapons: Aussalt Rifle, Rocket Launcher
Favorite Vehicle: Scorpion
Bio: My family where slaughtered, i had no where else to go but to join the UNSC

Is that ok ? im just not sure of the rank
 Master_Archon
01-02-2007, 11:09 PM
It's fine, the Bio's a little short, but fine. Rank can be anything from E-1 to E-5 of Marine ranks, but to make it easier here's the ranks' names; Private (E-1) - Private First Class (E-2) - Lance Corporal (E-3) - Corporal (E-4) - Sergeant (E-5).

Those are the decidable ranks, choose one that you think would best suit your character.

@ Everyone: - Remember, not everyone is going to be a Sergeant, try to have some diversity and make less premoted charcters, though I shouldn't have to say this because there's a limit of only four UNSC humans.
 Carlo El Sanchez
01-02-2007, 11:16 PM
umm il be ranked Private First Class (E-2) if thats ok.. also should i take note to remember all my information or will it be displayed on a site or somthing ? if there is a site.
 Master_Archon
01-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Erm, do you know how RP's work?
 Carlo El Sanchez
01-02-2007, 11:25 PM
um, no... lol
 Master_Archon
01-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Heh, well, time for some one-on-one. An RP is where you create a character out of your mind, with your imagination; only restricted by rules, and the requests of the Thread Master(s) (Me and Rexraptor2000).

In an RP you follow a plot, or storyline, using your your imagination to follow it with your character, with words. It's much like acting out a book, only you can venture to do or say what you want your character to say, or do; this, thus, is only limited by rules, and the plotline to which the Thread Master, or TM for short, wishes to follow. If you get too off topic, and seem to divert away from the main story by having your character pratter on, the TM or TM's will request within double parenthesis, which are used in RP threads to indicate Out Of Character Content - (( )) - to have you get back on course, but this is rarely a problem.

The best way I could explain it, is to give an example:

Zeril walked into the bar, he spotted the man who owed him his money. He approached with a cocky grin spread on his face. The man glanced at Zeril, grunted, then returned to his drinks.

"Hey, where's my money Cho?" Asked Zeril threateningly.

The man shrugged, "I don't know, don't care either," said Cho nonchalantly.

Zeril just frowned, pulling out a dagger consealed in his jacket, he plunged it into Cho's chest. Cho looked up in surprise, as life faded from his eyes; Zeril smiled, a job well done.

Okay, that was a little dramatised, and even corny, but it gets the job done and shows you in the best fashion how an RP works!

Also this link (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=148524) might help you, it's the RP Forum rules, it explains some do's and dont's, and might help explain RP's a little better.

Hope I helped in some way! :D
 Carlo El Sanchez
01-02-2007, 11:53 PM
It did thankyou very much, so when we act out an RP or story where do we do it will it be here ?
 Master_Archon
01-03-2007, 12:00 AM
No, I or Rex will create an RP thread, which will have the same title (only without discussion and recruitment next to it). We'll introduce the thread with the same story, and some extra Dialog Narration, to introduce the important NPC's (Non Player Characters) that Rex and I will control.

This answer your question?
 Carlo El Sanchez
01-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Yes it did thanks, i love everything Halo and im sure im gonna like this, il look out for any threads starting a story you or Rex will create.
 Master_Archon
01-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Okay! Thanks for joining, if you're still in that is?
 Carlo El Sanchez
01-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Yeah
 Master_Archon
01-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Okay that's good! :D
 Jedi Atomic
01-03-2007, 5:47 PM
Lol you guys are spamming the place up.....

and i noticed that Rex still needs a character........
 SithRevan
01-03-2007, 8:53 PM
Name: Spartan117
Species: Humaniod
Attire/Appearence: MJOLNER IV
Personality: Organized and gets the job done
Weapons: MA5B Assault Rifle
Favorite Vehicle: Ghost
Bio: I am Spartan117 of the UNSC. I am one of few who survived the transformation in order to be in the UNSC. I am refered to by the Covenant as the Demon and my soldiers as the savior.

*The Chief was around for almost the whole span of the UNSC's Spartan program so he is definatly in there!*
 Master_Archon
01-03-2007, 9:25 PM
*Slaps forehead* Um, you can't be the Arbiter...he's not even here, he's on Delta Halo, or the second one to be less technical. Sorry.
 SithRevan
01-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Sorry I thought this was all of the Halo games but really if you want to be technical about it the Arniter was on Halo 1 because he was the Elite commander in charge of taking care of the Master Chief and failed. That is why he was Exiled. I will change it though for the sake of the RP.
 Master_Archon
01-03-2007, 11:53 PM
*Slaps Forehead again* This isn't the first Halo, we're not on Halo, we're nowhere near a Halo, we're on a deserted jungle planet! So you can't be Guilty Spark either, yet again I'm sorry!
 SithRevan
01-03-2007, 11:56 PM
*Strikes self in head too* Well this is not good. I can't think anybody up who I should be except one of the Spartan units but I am not even sure about that. Well I will leave it like that and think up some more things later.
 Rexraptor2000
01-05-2007, 4:54 PM
Yeah, 117 is on the forerunner ship heading for earthm so that doesn't work. I would say that a custom character would be better, preferably a Covenant race like the Drone or the Elite.
 Jedi Atomic
01-09-2007, 7:56 PM
Are we starting this thing or not?
Page: 1 of 1