Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Nomination thread: The best of 2006 - the public's choice

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth333
12-04-2006, 2:56 PM
The public's vote for the best fanfics of the year will be done in two rounds:

1. In this first round, we are asking you to nominate among the numerous fanfics made in 2006 your favorite short fanfic and your favorite regular fanfic (this includes illustrated fics). Note that if you see that a single fanfic is getting the unanimity, you can vote for your second favorite as this is only the nomination stage and the goal is to end up with a list of at least 10 fics.

You have until 8 PM Friday, December 23, 2006 (-5 GMT) to nominate your favorite fanfics.

2. When the period for nomiations expires, we'll make two final polls, one for short fics and one for regular fics, which will include, for each category, the 10 fanfics that received the most nominations during the nomination stage.

At the end, the chosen fics will be featured on a special page at starwarsknights.com (you can check the 2005 top mods pick (http://www.starwarsknights.com/mod_week.php) to get an idea of how it will be done). We will also offer hosting in text format for the winners.

Read before posting:

- You can only vote once

- You can only nominate fanfics completed in 2006

- Fanfics that are still incomplete at the end of the nomination period (Dec. 22, 2006) will be discarded from the final polls.

- Only fanfics that have been posted here at LucasForums by their author will be considered.

- Don't make lists of fanfics and no chatter please: as difficult as it may be, you can only chose one short and one regular fic (Illustrated fics are included in those categories).

- Do not comment on other people's choices. Off topic posts will be erased. (If you have any concerns or questions about the process, PM me or Jae.)
 Diego Varen
12-04-2006, 3:01 PM
Nice to see that you got this up D333. And people, this is different to my Awards Thread. Anyway, here are my favourites:

Fic: Heart of the Guardian by JediMaster12
Short Fic: Pookie by Jae Onasi
 JediMaster12
12-04-2006, 3:28 PM
Fic: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo by Jae Onasi
Shortie Fic: Love and War
 igyman
12-04-2006, 3:31 PM
It's a lot more difficult when you only have to pick one, but here goes:
Fic: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo by Jae Onasi
Short Fic: Rule number One by The Doctor
 Ambrose
12-04-2006, 8:29 PM
Out of curiosity, though, are those going to be the only two categories?

I 'undeleted' this because you ask a good question. These are the only 2 categories for fics. We're not planning to add more because we want to keep it simple since there will be a poll on the 'finalists' in this case. Pottsie has more of a breakdown of categories in his CEC award thread. --Jae
 Anakin Skywalker
12-04-2006, 8:49 PM
Fic: Echos of Darkness by Pottsie
Short: Final Breath by Ambrose
 CSI
12-04-2006, 9:23 PM
Fic: Echoes of Darkness by Pottsie
Shortie: Darth Bastila - Power of the Dark Lady, by Pottsie.
 Ambrose
12-04-2006, 9:52 PM
Short Fic- Silence and Darkness (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=173124), by Torthane

(haven't decided on a favorite FIC yet, will post it later)
 RC-1162
12-05-2006, 12:51 PM
FIC: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo - Jae Onasi
SHORTIE: A Boxful of Lies - JediMaster12
as good as silence and darkness is, torthane, JM captured her characters' feelings in much lesser words.
EDIT: and no, i havent reconsidered this cuz of the wound, JM :D
 HK-42
12-05-2006, 4:24 PM
FIC: The Sith Lord by Pottsie
Short Fic: Freefall by Igyman
 Hallucination
12-05-2006, 8:21 PM
And people, this is different than my Awards Thread.
Fic: Heart of the Guardian by JediMaster12

Fixed.:D

Fic: Victim of Betrayal by Sabretooth
Short fic: Czerka Public Relations by Jae Onasi
 Rocketjockey
12-11-2006, 5:11 PM
Supersized : The Darktimes Serial by Bendu
and Mini : Parallax by Palmetto, because of the feet thing.
Lovely.

Well, after a search, I've determined that Bendu's fic is from the Galactic Senate, and I can't find Palmetto's here on LF. Please only recommend fanfics done here on LF since this is an LF-specific 'Best of'. We appreciate your enthusiasm for fics, however! Thanks, Jae
 Rabish Bini
12-11-2006, 8:29 PM
Fic: Echoes of Darkness by Pottsie
Short Fic: Saviour, conquerer, hero, villian by Jason Skywalker
 Aristotйlēsticus
12-13-2006, 8:02 AM
Fic: The Adventures of Jolee Bindo, by Jae Onasi
Shortie: The Lost of the Jedi, By Dark_Lady.
 Jae Onasi
12-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Hey, folks! We're getting closer to the deadline for nominating finalists for the 'best of' polls. I just wanted to make sure you have your chance to nominate.

Also, if you see a fic already nominated several times, go ahead and list your second choice--that way we have a good variety of fics for the polls.

Thanks!
 Darth333
12-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Due to the forum downtime, I added an additional 24 hours to nominate fanfics, which leaves until Saturday evening (-5GMT).

Keep those nominations coming and as Jae said, a little more variety wouldn't hurt ;)
 Renegade Puma
12-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Best Fic. Mace Windu- Jedi master reborn
by RC 1162

Best Short Fic. The droid and the lightsaber
 Darth333
12-23-2006, 8:18 PM
Time is up! The final polls should be posted tomorrow :)
Page: 1 of 1