Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Imported Lightsaber

Page: 1 of 1
 wasa7
11-26-2006, 9:51 AM
Is it possible to take custom hilt desings from one of kotor games and change it so it can be used in the other kotor game?

What I want is to take Badon's Saber from Holowan USM mod and import it so Darth Badon uses it in Kotor 1. Perhaps through MDLops I can try to set it to work for Kotor 1, but I wanted to see if that is actually doable.

I know it is illegal to import and to export original content between the two kotors, that's why I am asking about custom made models. If I am still breaking Holowan's law, I appologize in advance, and I will understand if this thread gets closed.

Thank you all in advance!
 InyriForge
11-26-2006, 12:29 PM
It can be done with only MDLOps (and partially KotOR Tool).

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/info/SaberConvert)

Try this tutorial. I wrote it a couple days ago after testing it, and it should guide you through it unless I botched a step. Just make sure that if you're converting this hilt for anything but personal use, you contact the author of the hilt first, as a courtesy.
 Shem
11-26-2006, 2:20 PM
Custom models made by fellow modders ported from one game to another is not illegal. You're more than welcome to talk about it. :D
 wasa7
11-27-2006, 1:33 AM
Excelent! Great link InyriForge, this should cover all my needs about lightsaber hilts for both Kotor and Kotor TSL. Also, thank you Shem, I was affraid of asking. Don't worry, this is for personal use only.

Thank you both!
 svцsh
11-27-2006, 9:24 PM
I was affraid of asking. Don't worry, this is for personal use only.

Glad to hear it, since that's my model. But i'm happy to see it's being enjoyed still.

svцsh
 maverick187
11-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Glad to hear it, since that's my model. But i'm happy to see it's being enjoyed still.

svцshYea, yea, I know this is off-topic but.... hi svцsh :waive1:

on-topic: I didn't know that you could transfer .mdl files from game to game without having to re-rig them, interesting stuff Inyri

Edit to Below: Gah and look who else decided to pop his head into LF...
 Seprithro
11-27-2006, 11:37 PM

svцsh

yeah your stuff still rocks :D
 wasa7
11-28-2006, 12:56 AM

svцsh

Hello Svosh, how are you? No doubt that all your models are being enjoyed, they float everybody's boat! I can assure you they are for personal use only. I just wanted to make a more logicall sequence between Kotor and Kotor TSL. Being that we can get Bandon's Saber (made by you) in TSL, I though that it would be good to see that Bandon uses it in Kotor.

I hope there is no problem with that. Thanks again for making such nice hilts, and models in general.
Page: 1 of 1