Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

xbox kotor modding

Page: 1 of 1
 at2
11-12-2006, 4:45 PM
a couple of people have asked, wheres the xbox modders? you know where they are, buying the pc version because nothing works. now in halo 2 modding it is simple. this is because programs are made to be compatible with its files. it's really not that hard to mod the xbox kotor game, it's the fact that there is nothing to mod it with. kotor tool is made without a function to manually change where the files are pulled from, which makes it impossible to use. is it really that hard to make it compatible with the xbox version? I mean come on I dont want to spend another 20 bucks each to buy the pc version just so that I can slow down my computer. any comments or questions are welcomed.
 TSR
11-12-2006, 4:59 PM
But isnt modding xboxes illegal?
 at2
11-12-2006, 8:06 PM
no, it is only illegal to copy games that you don't own using the modded xbox and ftp. example:it is illegal to borrow a friends game or rent a game and copy it to your computer. to mod a game that you do own though, you have to first copy the files to your computer so that they're accesable to programs.

Edit: theres been 29 views no more votes, come on people it's there for a reason.

Sorry at2, but we do not allow 'bumping' of threads here. I have combined the posts this time. -RH
 TSR
11-13-2006, 5:13 AM
hmmm... i got rapped by a guy i knew when i modded mine :/ He literally went psycho on me, saying that "i shouldnt be doing it" etc etc. Probably because i was flying around in a warthog splattering him, but hey.
 at2
11-13-2006, 5:45 PM
Probably because i was flying around in a warthog splattering him, but hey.
ya people like that are just upset because they can't do cool stuff like that. I mean seriously, have you ever met somone who wouldn't think shooting plasma grenades out of an smg is cool?
 mimic666
11-17-2006, 5:20 AM
I've had Box softmodded for some time now and have been thinking of making some KotOR mods, well when I get this Crossover Cable finished atleast (just got to get some new end pieces). Anyways it shouldn't be that hard modding KotOR, the box reads the characters (W as U, M as N) but I don't want to be the only one doing this s**t. So whatever ya know? As for the poll "yeah that would be cool".
 at2
11-17-2006, 3:38 PM
I'm sure someones found it already but It took me awhile to find the 2da files. I found out that in the xbox version the 2da's are in the rim files. they also are scattered between some files in those(global.rim, miniglobal.rim, and subglobal.rim) I'm not to good at modding right now because it's a lot of work to just find compatible stuff, but one thing I am trying to find out is where the texturepacks are, or what replaces them. then next I want to try and find a way to make the skins and models from pc mods work on xbox.
 tk102
11-17-2006, 3:47 PM
it's really not that hard to mod the xbox kotor game, it's the fact that there is nothing to mod it with. kotor tool is made without a function to manually change where the files are pulled from, which makes it impossible to use.
I don't understand your complaint. Are you wishing that you could install KotOR Tool on your Xbox somehow? I mean, of course you're going have move the files to a PC to use it! :p In KT, you can specify a number of settings including Manage Paths. And under Options you can tell it to use files from in your override folder (once you mock up a game-like directory structure for KT). you just need to get the source files off your Xbox so KT will have something to work with.

I've bent over backwards trying to get KSE to work with Xbox. You're welcome. :p
 Elven6
11-17-2006, 5:09 PM
I don't understand your complaint. Are you wishing that you could install KotOR Tool on your Xbox somehow? I mean, of course you're going have move the files to a PC to use it! :p In KT, you can specify a number of settings including Manage Paths. And under Options you can tell it to use files from in your override folder (once you mock up a game-like directory structure for KT). you just need to get the source files off your Xbox so KT will have something to work with.

I've bent over backwards trying to get KSE to work with Xbox. You're welcome. :p

Hey since you know how to do it can you make a guide for it?
 tk102
11-17-2006, 5:58 PM
I explained as much as I know about using KSE on Xbox in the KSE-readme.txt. I even list what game files are needed to make KSE happy. KotOR Tool also requires game files to make it happy. Chitin.key, dialog.tlk, and all the data\*.bif files are required. The *.rim files are optional.

For the record, I don't have an Xbox. Even if I did have an Xbox and knew precisely how to mod it and remove all the files off of it, I wouldn't post the instructions in on these forums. There are other forums on the Internet like xbox-scene.com for discussing such activties.
 at2
11-26-2006, 4:40 PM
oh hey I'm sorry, I should have thanked you for the help with kse I really do appreciate that. it is the one program I have had absolutely no problem using at all. I also want to quickly say that everyone else that has made an effort to help with xbox modding that I appreciate it, I know that it's not easy making somthing work for another thing you don't have.

also, I dont want to put kotor tool on my xbox, I just would like to be able to use the new kotor tool versions with the xbox files. you can only use the old versions to mod it.
Page: 1 of 1